Hi Guys!

Like I explained in a previous topic, I'm living a particulary situation with Thai Airways because the require a return or onward ticket to get in board, even if I have a visa stamped in my passport!

I verufied that with the Royal Thai Embassy in Canada and the Consulate of Montreal and Vancouver and they clearly mention to don't care about what Thai Airways said!

Even with these confirmations, Thai Airways still not Happy and continue to require the return or onward ticket!

They mentioned that if I can have a letter from the Embassy confirming that I can get in with only a one way ticket they will accept me!

But the problem is that no Embassy and Consulates of Thailand in Canada are authorized to make this letter!

The only confirmations I have is emails from them!

I'm not sure if it can be ok to show to Thai Airways these emails so I sent an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to try to clarify this situation.

It's gonna make nearly 3 weeks and no answers!

Once a week, I sent my email to them!

Is it normal that they don't reply?

Am I taking the guess to go with only a one way ticket with the emails confirmations in my hands?

In case that Thai Airways refuse me, wich help I can received?

Consulates and Embassy of Thailand in Canada clearly confirmed that I don't need to buy these tickets!

The problem is that when it's gonna be the time to get in board Thai Airways, these Consulates and this Embassy will be closed!

So what's the best decision to be sure to land in Thailand in time?

Thanks guys!

Froggy

If you are 'really' concerned; and you surly are, just buy a refundable ticket back to Hong Kong that you can cash in later when you don't use it. Costs you nothing but some up front money and keeps the airlines happy. Airlines are free to make their own rules so it is easier to play on their field than try to fight them.

Email is seldom answered by anyone here in Thailand so don't feel bad about that.

So what's the best decision to be sure to land in Thailand in time?

Froggy

I am a little confused here with your posting.

Have you actually purchased a one way ticket with /thai airways?

Then if have argue this fact that should not have sold you in the first place.

If you have not purchased then look for another airline but in my experiance single and return fairs differ very little in pricing, buy the return and give the return leg up or better still buy an open return ticket.

Problem solved ? :o

Lopburi3!

How and where can I buy this refundable ticket?

I'm in Canada actually!

No credit card!

There's no Thai Airways office in Canada so how can I buy a 100% refundable ticket?

And for the refund of a ticket, do they give me a check at the office or have to mail it to my home address?

In HK, I'll be in the International zone! Can I buy a ticket there by cash?

Thanks again!

Froggy

One way tickets, no problem with emirates.

Angie

It is total bullshit.

With a visa in your passport you do not need a ticket out!!

I agree with Angie, use another airline.

THAI is pretty average at the best of times!!

I flew one way with Thai air a couple of years ago from Heathrow, no onward ticket was required. Maybe they've changed their policy, but I suspect you're talking to one individual who doesn't fully understand the rules. I find it hard to believe this is actual Thai Airways policy, if it is then boycott them.

There's no Thai Airways office in Canada so how can I buy a 100% refundable ticket?

There must be a city of some sort some where near you that would have a travel agency that sells tickets for cash. You don't need to buy tickets directly from the airline involved. As said before you should have your ticket before you get to Hong Kong if you expect to make connections in 90 minutes with no credit card available. Buy the ticket in Canada and make it a round trip rather than one way. They can advise you what ticket to buy (it might be better to buy discount r/t rather than refundable and use later or throw away as the case may be).

I flew one way with Thai air a couple of years ago from Heathrow, no onward ticket was required. Maybe they've changed their policy, but I suspect you're talking to one individual who doesn't fully understand the rules. I find it hard to believe this is actual Thai Airways policy, if it is then boycott them.

and without a visa for Thailand ?

and without a visa for Thailand ?

With a Visa, as the original poster wishes to do.

A few years ago I came to Thailand on holiday and then went on to Australia to visit my son. My return ticket, BKK to England I left in the hotel safety deposit box in Thailand.

The Quantas checkin at Sydney airport wouldn't let me check in for the flight back to BKK at the end of my Australian holiday as I did not have a return ticket with me for a flight out of Thailand and only let me fly after an interview with a supervisor when I produced a credit card to show I could support myself in Thailand. It was less than thirty days before my flight home from BKK so I didn't have a current Thai visa either.

Derek

A few years ago I came to Thailand on holiday and then went on to Australia to visit my son. My return ticket, BKK to England I left in the hotel safety deposit box in Thailand.

The Quantas checkin at Sydney airport wouldn't let me check in for the flight back to BKK at the end of my Australian holiday as I did not have a return ticket with me for a flight out of Thailand and only let me fly after an interview with a supervisor when I produced a credit card to show I could support myself in Thailand. It was less than thirty days before my flight home from BKK so I didn't have a current Thai visa either.

Derek

That's correct, if you don't have an onward ticket you need a visa, even if you are planning on staying less than 30 days. The problem is that Thai Airways are refusing to let the original poster fly without an onward ticket even with a visa. Out of all the airlines you would expect Thai Airways to know that Thai immigration don't require an onward ticket to enter if you have a visa. That is unless the rules have been changed without them telling anyone.

Out of all the airlines you would expect Thai Airways to know that Thai immigration don't require an onward ticket to enter if you have a visa. That is unless the rules have been changed without them telling anyone.

It is not clear to me that they claim this. They say what they want to see and that is it. The airlines have a great deal of power to demand whatever they like. On my last trip they changed baggage check in rules and I had to pay overweight charges without being overweight (they lowered per bag max weight) even with a ticket that said otherwise.