You live in Thailand on tourist visa!

Have you ever experienced any of these?   

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

What is a non-O multi entry tourist visa?  Sounds like a multi-category visa rolled into one.

It's a 90 days Non-Immigrant O ME Visa,and you have to leave the country every 89 days, and then enter again to get another 90 days. You don't need to do the 90 days check at the Immigration. 

51 minutes ago, Shroud said:

I'm on my 5th metv and never been questioned. I stay 8-9 months per year since 2015. I normally take 3 months break before I get back in again. I have had a maximum 3 METVs on my visa before I decided to make a new passport. Last year the IO looked through my passport and only asked how long I'll stay this time, but nothing agressive.

Would be interesting to know where those who experience problems is from, and thos who do not have problems. Just to check if there is any demografic differences, I nover heard of any offhsore employes so far had problems from any nordic country. And there is quite a few of us travelling with high frequens to Thailand. 

I'm Canadian late 30s and I was denied my first ever tourist visa at Don Muang. I was back in Thailand since about 5 months on visa exempt + extension. I stayed in Thailand for over a year on ED visa about 2-3 years earlier. They did not ask me anything simply stamped me 12.2 and sent me back to Vientiane where I came back via land border. Since then I changed to non-o multiple entry based on marriage and never tried flying back again. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's a 90 days Non-Immigrant O ME Visa,and you have to leave the country every 89 days, and then enter again to get another 90 days. You don't need to do the 90 days check at the Immigration. 

No. There is no such thing since METV is a multi-entry tourist visa and tourist visas are not non-imm O.

Another example of clueless answers and fabricated terms.

6 hours ago, Suradit69 said:
11 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

he had to get a years Non-O METV from Savanakhet in future.

What is a non-O multi entry tourist visa?  Sounds like a multi-category visa rolled into one.

9 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Non-Immigrant Multiple entry Thai Visa

No. The TV stands for Tourist Visa and a tourist visa is not a non-imm O visa.

he had to get a years Non-O METV from Savanakhet in future.

There is no such thing.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am an offshore worker usually 35x35 days in-out. Based in Thailand and spending my holiday here since 2011. I always get my tourist visa when arrive in Bangkok (by Suvarnabhumi ever).

My nationality allows me 90 days TV but never stayed so long period.

Just realized since March this year the IOs have been spending more time looking my in-out stamps but never asked anything. 

Just changed my passport last April in my country’s embassy in Bangkok because it was near to expire (full of Thai stamps) and even like that when I registered my new passport in the airport they just collected my fingerprints for the new system and wished me a safe flight.

I would consider to get an Elite Visa only if any kind of harassment really starts hitting another expats living in my condo which always stay longer than me and are using TVs.

26 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

No. There is no such thing since METV is a multi-entry tourist visa and tourist visas are not non-imm O.

There is no such thing.

Can't you read or what?  A 60 days TR METV is a tourist Visa. A Non-Immigrant O ME is not a tourist Visa and you have to leave the country every 89 days, and then re-enter again. It was you who asked about a 90 days tourist visa. So stop asking stupid questions when you don't understand the answer. 

• Like 1

Not 1st-hand info, but I know of an Australian guy who works within the mining field and for years, entered with tourist visa/exceptions to visit his wife & family in a quiet rural location.

6 months ago, he was told that no further tourist visa/exceptions will be issued to him on a regular basis and he had to get a years Non-O METV from Savanakhet in future.

That is interesting especially because there are reports about METV people having issues because they are visiting Thailand too much!

• Like 1

Back in 2017. Was harassed with a tourist visa 5 months in when cming from us (Mind I don’t even live in us so it would have been annoying), but I showed them a flight to kl, 20k baht and bookings and they eventually let me in. After switched to a b visa. They kept harassing me almost every time with questions and bringing me out of queue but always let me in. Finally switched to elite visa, no questions asked, always fast, but sometimes they try to refuse me priority line when flying economy without assistant. ????

Edited by Drax

29 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

That is interesting especially because there are reports about METV people having issues because they are visiting Thailand too much!

The question is, why would anyone with a thai wife and family use endless tourist visas and visa exempts all the time? I do understand Immigration, because there are better visas for that purpose. 

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The question is, why would anyone with a thai wife and family use endless tourist visas and visa exempts all the time? I do understand Immigration, because there are better visas for that purpose. 

Well stated and in cases of marriage and family I think valid questions and concerns.  Not so much so for other frequent visits.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

There is no such thing.

Ooops My mistake..slinks away..

21 hours ago, nailbrains8 said:

I have to agree with this post.

My friend was denied a SETV visa from Vientiane 2 days ago (American) and he told me there was a small army of westerners who were all denied. Including people who we're applying for tourist visas. One guy was applying for a second year edu visa to learn Chinese and he was told "go to China if you want to learn Chinese".

Apparently, Indians and Chinese, none of them were denied and visas were being handed out like hot cakes.

Why was the army denied?

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

The last time when going for a visa exempt i was asked what i'm doing in Thailand, the first time ever.

Whole conversation in Thai:

"Do you speak Thai?"

Yes

"What are you doing in Thailand?"

Holiday

"You've been here many hundred days already"

Yes. I know that you ask me because you want to know if i'm working in Thailand, i can assure you that i don't work in Thailand.

"Ok, go ahead"

It was a neutral/friendly conversation by a female IO doing her job, no complaints about it.

Whats her name so I can look for her when I arrive next month, will use your cheat sheet too....

23 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Not 1st-hand info, but I know of an Australian guy who works within the mining field and for years, entered with tourist visa/exceptions to visit his wife & family in a quiet rural location.

6 months ago, he was told that no further tourist visa/exceptions will be issued to him on a regular basis and he had to get a years Non-O METV from Savanakhet in future.

I guess you meant a Non-O ME based on marriage? 

• Like 1