OH SO MANY have come here to find love in all the wrong places.

MisterBleach

First time to Thailand from Vietnam via Tommy Tours, two weeks of Women and Weed,

not knowing if I would live to ever return.

But always remembered how the Girls treated me like a King 24/7, not just in bed,

in every way they gave me a feeling of being "Home", if you understand what I mean.

Finally returned after being thrown under the bus, by almost all the American Crazies.

Found and fell in love with a Northern Farm Girl, gained big Family when we married,

took her back to the USA, to meet my Family, then returned to Thailand.

During this time we gained two sons, after which I had a Health Problem come up.

I returned to America alone, to a VA Hospital, where I spent 10 Years overcoming many problems.

Long story short, been in Thailand for the last 13 Years, ex-wife and family still close and loving.

Both Sons grown, with one living with me, Helping me with all the things I need to stay and live

here.

Bottom Line: If I had not taken a chance, to allow myself to fall for this Girl,

How many Blessings would I have Missed ?

And after most of my Family and Friends in the states, have passed on,

who would I have to take care or help me, as I get older ?

Just remember No body is perfect (Except Jesus), and Love takes Understanding both ways.

As time goes on, Doors open and close, If you never enter one, you will never Know what was

on the other side.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

With no recreational activity? Pull the other leg, it's got bells on.

The first time I came here in 1993 I was working 12 hour night shifts around BKK.

The second time from 1994 to 1997 I was based in BKK and working in Issan and my patch was 255,000 sq km. Leaving BKK after lunch on a Monday and returning on a Friday afternoon clocking between 55 and 60 hours a week.

Of course I had some time to play but after being driven 1,500 to 2,000 km a week I sort of got tired, Friday and Saturday nights were party time, but other than that I was in Thailand to work.

I really don't care which of your legs has bells on but I was here to work and playtime was a bonus.

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling after I had posted, again.

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Some of us actually came here to work and kept coming back as more work appeared.

I continue to come here since 2008 for affordable housing-the food and simple living..

Of course I enjoy looking at the cuties but I tried to P4P but it was a empty exp, at least for me

If I went out to get a good steak and it was <deleted>, I am smart enough not to order it again

I dont pay for love, I earn it, the Thai gals dont like that response and Its Sangson and ginger ale for me

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I give the op a few weeks before he cracks, goes out on a bender and wakes up in tears after he realizes that Dao, a 36 yr old BJ queen from Soi 6 is not really in love with him. :whistling:

... He resorts to self flagellation to get over his self disgust and starts another thread on ThaiVisa, this time giving us the benefit of his wisdom that these women are only in it for the money and don't really love you !!!... :passifier:

Poor chap.. gotta feel sorry for him really.  ????

Dao?!!! She told me her name was Lek..(my achy breaky heart) and her poor sick buffalo...sidenote for a sick buffalo it sure seems to be getting on...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

The first time I came here in 1993 I was working 12 hour night shifts around BKK.

The second time from 1994 to 1997 I was based in BKK and working in Issan and my patch was 255,000 sq km. Leaving BKK after lunch on a Monday and returning on a Friday afternoon clocking between 55 and 60 hours a week.

Of course I had some time to play but after being driven 1,500 to 2,000 km a week I sort of got tired, Friday and Saturday nights were party time, but other than that I was in Thailand to work.

I really don't care which of your legs has bells on but I was here to work and playtime was a bonus.

Fair enough. Your first post did sound a tad self-righteous, which is why I responded the way I did.

I worked hard too, but that was my escape from a miserable marriage.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 8:07 AM, MisterBleach said:

After living with a couple of wives, and also various girlfriends, during the past years, I have come to Thailand to be single.

My best advice to anyone who might read this is that love is pain, and that relationships can go bad, and almost inevitably do.

I think this is the only advice you can give considering your track record. 

You can actually have friends and sexual intimacy with partners without the need to be in "love"

You can also have a girlfriend and not live together.:thumbsup: 

I came here to chill by myself and to study and to write, and to contemplate.

Yes, contemplate and study is the right path for you.  “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”

10 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

During this time we gained two sons

Long story short, been in Thailand for the last 13 Years, ex-wife and family still close and loving.

Both Sons grown, with one living with me, Helping me with all the things I need to stay and live

here.

Bottom Line: If I had not taken a chance, to allow myself to fall for this Girl,

How many Blessings would I have Missed ?

And after most of my Family and Friends in the states, have passed on,

who would I have to take care or help me, as I get older ?

"Gained" two sons, does that mean step sons or biological sons?

You have lived many more years here than I.

Thank you for your story and inspiration

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Fair enough. Your first post did sound a tad self-righteous, which is why I responded the way I did.

I worked hard too, but that was my escape from a miserable marriage.

Working in Thailand 4 times was a bonus to make up for the crappy jobs around the Arab Gulf, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Working in Thailand 4 times was a bonus to make up for the crappy jobs around the Arab Gulf, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

If required to work in the countries you mention, slashing my wrists may have been a viable alternative.

My consultancy work took me to South Africa, Indonesia, the USA, Thailand, New Zealand and Malaysia. It's why I retired to Thailand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If required to work in the countries you mention, slashing my wrists may have been a viable alternative.

My consultancy work took me to South Africa, Indonesia, the USA, Thailand, New Zealand and Malaysia. It's why I retired to Thailand.

I spent 25 years in the RAF boy and man starting in January 1960 and with them I went to Bahrain, Norway twice, Libya 4 times and 3 months in Gibraltar. On to Singapore ( mustn't forget Bugis street or the trip around the Tiger brewery), Malaya for a holiday, Hong Kong for a weeks holiday. Back to the UK then off to Germany and I was based by the Dutch border, Belgium a few times then back to the UK and discharge in 1984. That was the first 25 years briefly.

Slashing my wrists or cutting my throat never did appeal to me.

More later.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:18 AM, ChakaKhan said:

I give the op a few weeks before he cracks, goes out on a bender and wakes up in tears after he realizes that Dao, a 36 yr old BJ queen from Soi 6 is not.......

....a complete woman. That should confuse his issues somewhat!

Edited by UncleMhee