Changes in domestic passenger screening at Suvarnabhumi

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Not anymore, last year their scanners were behind the automatic passport control....i had a half full bottle of soda in my bag and they found it. They asked me very politely about it and when i took it out they let me drink it, no problem at all...i also expected them to be at the gate as before.

Which terminal?  

I go to SIngapore often and it is always at the gate, but maybe it's different in another terminal that I haven't used.

2 hours ago, justin case said:

if thai want to learn, go to singapore...  the x-ray machines ARE AT THE GATE... so you get a quick search where you have to take your plane and not EVERYBODY in a few under manned lines all at once

I agree this is quicker but personally I don't like it.  Normally I know exactly how long I need to leave to get from the lounge to the gate and time my dash accordingly.  I don't like the unknown of a security check in between.  The uncertainty - and the need to allow for it - costs me at least one gin and tonic.

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

tWhich terminal?  

I go to SIngapore often and it is always at the gate, but maybe it's different in another terminal that I haven't used.

Not sure, i guess terminal 1, is that for air asia? The gates have a whole row of large tree's inside above the sofa's.

21 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Two security checks is rediculas. 

The article is about introducing a SINGLE security check on the domestic concourses.

17 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I have stopped wearing a belt, wear sandals and remove watch and every piece of jewellery before getting to the X-ray grotto, once through and everything back in place, going to the boarding gate another queue for another search, some how the first search 

did not find anything untoward means  nothing,

so a further search of the same bag is needed without removal of jewellery or computer removal,

this search is the one that annoys me as it is a waste of time, cursory looking

at best, so why bother.

AFAIK there's no secondary carry on bag check and pat down at the gate in the DOMESTIC concourses at Suvarnabhumi which this article is about. Some foreign carriers or TG flights to certain INTERNATIONAL destinations will have the secondary check at the top of the ramp to comply with either that airlines regulations or the regulations of the destination country.

20 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

A military wallah runs the airport! No wonder it's a shambles! The military mindset is completely inappropriate for managing a business.

The Thai military mindset, Sunnyboy2018, is unfit to run anything - including the military, and the country itself.

2 hours ago, justin case said:

if thai want to learn, go to singapore...  the x-ray machines ARE AT THE GATE... so you get a quick search where you have to take your plane and not EVERYBODY in a few under manned lines all at once

Ah yes, wonderful Changi airport.... where arriving passengers from Thailand and certain other destinations have to go through a full-on carry on baggage x-ray and body scan right at the top of the jetway BEFORE one can even set foot on their hallowed carpeted hallways.

I mean I love rugby and the scrums are exciting but that is a bloody shambles.

• Like 1

And back to the original complaint in this thread....

2 days ago I flew from CNX via BKK to final destination overseas. Both flights on TG. Domestic flight was schedule to land in BKK 16:35, international flight scheduled to depart 17:50.

Checked in at international part of CNX airport, passport control in CNX. Landed about 5 minutes late. Going through the CIQ gate have to go through security check (standard - happens in most airports when connecting flights) and continued to the gate for international departure. No problems at all.