EU agrees Brexit extension but sets no date as UK squabbles over election

rooster59

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

That would be the most stupid deal. 

Norway pays to EU without being a member. No say at all but following EU decisions. 

Anyway I don't expect anything intelligent from Farage. ????

the EEA members that are not members of EU, eg Norway, formally have the option to say no to new directives

3 minutes ago, William C F Pierce said:

It was a non binding Advisory Referendum which was passed by law signed off by the Queen. An information leaflet that said the result would be honoured is denying that the law of it being advisory didn't count. The final decision is down to the MPs not the electorate of a referendum. The same politicians that are negotiating now, were campaigning in the rederendum that the UK would have all the same benits that they have now. People were lied to and they know it. No Government is going to get a deal that is better than the one than the one the UK has already got by being in Europe.

The Brexiteers are are all trators to the memory of the UKs 3 Greatest Prime Ministers. William Gladstone (who won the most General Elections [4]) said in 1887 when the UK was a Great Empire that Britain was a part of Europe. Winston Churchill in 1946 call for a United States of Europe and Margaret Thatcher help to create the single market for the free movement of goods. Yes Brexiteers are the real taitors to the UKs real history. Led by Nigel Farage the Anlo German who is so proud to be British he travels everywhere on a German Passport.

I admit to being on 4 marches on Parliament so far for a Peoples Vote that is "Binding" by law. Along with many other people I write to MPs to keep the pressure up to do this. More and more people want this vote and the momentum in the country is now overwhelmingly against Brexit. Over 200 Opinion Polls since 2017 consistantly show a large majority of people are now against Brexit. The way things are going there will 2 Election next year. A General Election and another referendum. The only people that want to push Brexit through against the present will of the people, are the Big Money Political Carpet Baggers. They don't care even though over £1.2 Trillion of British Buiness has already moved to Europe. That is why the value of the Pound is so low.

Very well said - we must have passed each other in Parliament square along with those wonderful and peaceful 1 million credits to the decency and tolerance of the Great British people. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

None of which happened of course. I appreciate that Brexiteers don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

None of which happened ? Really ?  

So Macron is right : what do you need an extension for? Remember B. Johnson counter-letter?    

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "brexit party hymne européen""

Edited by Opl

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

None of which happened ? Really ?  

So Macron is right : what do you need an extension for? Remember B. Johnson counter-letter?    

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "brexit party hymne européen""

That's the Brexit Party Ltd. whose proprietor one Nigel Farage wants No Deal Now or extension but not Liar Johnson's 'Surrender Deal'. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11694875

Edited by beautifulthailand99

50 % of farmers backed Brexit now they are whinging......

https://www.nfuonline.com/news/eu-exit/eu-exit-news/nfu-statement-on-uk-eu-brexit-deal/

NFU President Minette Batters said: “The NFU is pleased to see that the UK and EU negotiators have come to an agreement on the terms of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, which might pave the way for an orderly Brexit and the avoidance of leaving without a deal.

“However, we must remember that if this deal is agreed by UK and EU Parliaments in the coming days, it only determines how the UK withdraws from the EU and does not determine the long-term future of the UK’s and EU’s relationship.

“It is vital that government has a long-term aspiration to ensure that British farming standards are not undercut by an ambition to open up British markets to food which would be illegal to produce here and that there is free and frictionless trade with the EU in the long term.

“We have had precious little reassurances on these issues so far and we look to government to be clear about its ambitions for British farming, which provides affordable, safe home-grown food produced to some of the highest standards in the world.”

And now the fishermen whinging as well - pesky facts - don't they realise the British People just WANT BREXIT DONE

https://nffo.org.uk/news/withdrawal-agreement-and-beyond.html

32 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I think it should be obvious to any thoughtful person, that Britain - at this point in time - is better off in the EU, as brexit is like swallowing junk food. Appears tasty, but not beneficial.

However, staying in the EU without seeking to overhaul a creaking political system - which it is becoming - would be an abrogation of duty by the next UK government. I would hope that brexit has focused both the UK and EU that radical changes must be put in place if the Union is to move forward in today's global environment. 

Or in a few decades there won't be a sustainable human environment - owing to global warming, and the USA's declination to change anything in their country to better the world. Republicans, including Trump, are ostriches.    

profoundly sensible post.  Thank you!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vogie said:

I would suggest you are incorrect. Brexit is a cause, a democratic one at that. Whether you or anyone else agrees with it is immaterial, the majority of the country voted to leave the EU and by our own MPs undermining PM Johnson it gives him very little scope to get the deal we so rightly deserve. Johnson is infact fighting this particular battle on two fronts, the EU and his own parliament with both hands tied around his back.

Labour have voted against Mays deal, voted against Johnsons deal, voted against a no deal and Will vote against a GE, is there anything else they can vote against. Our parliament is no good to man nor beast at the moment, it needs cleansing of the self righteous hypocrites we have for MPs at the moment.

And here is the defination of a traitor, it does fit the MPs that are working behind Johnsons back. They are certainly betraying the Brexit cause.

plural noun: traitors
  1. a person who betrays someone or something, such as a friend, cause, or principle.
    "he was a traitor to his own class"

If UK fails to leave again the Tories will be annihilated at the next election.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The electorates voice will be heard in due course. If UK doesn't leave next week the Tories will be annihilated when the time comes.

I'm very sure you are wrong. 

Labour will vote for a General Election when a no deal is off the table. 

Also the majority voted for leave but not knowing the outcome. 

The now people know. Let them decide. And that is what the parliament is going for. 

BJ is history already. 

Why not let Corbyn try. That can't be more worse than May and BJ did. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm very sure you are wrong. 

Labour will vote for a General Election when a no deal is off the table. 

Also the majority voted for leave but not knowing the outcome. 

The now people know. Let them decide. And that is what the parliament is going for. 

BJ is history already. 

Why not let Corbyn try. That can't be more worse than May and BJ did. ????

I admire your hope - take away the right wing foaming at the prospect of a Corbyn victory he talks a lot of sense unlike Johnson who just blusters, lies and obfuscates at every turn. Whilst popping up at Northern hospitals and schools all the time for photo ops. Oh and Judy has really let herself go - you can see them both worried about their tax liability under Labour. 

• Haha 1

Ladbrokes said betting odds indicated an election in 2020.

The reliability of British politics has rotted to an betting object in the eyes of the international stage. Maybe the EU should negotiate better with the bookmakers than with the current government.

Sad to see how the Brexit dispute has brought the UK down on its knees.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Ladbrokes said betting odds indicated an election in 2020.

The reliability of British politics has rotted to an betting object in the eyes of the international stage. Maybe the EU should negotiate better with the bookmakers than with the current government.

Sad to see how the Brexit dispute has brought the UK down.

December 12th is a useless date for so many reasons. Boris should just get on and start implementing his Queen's Speech - it got voted through and let see how many promises he can actually keep or the Acuri police report may come soon to see if he really is corrupt - Thai stylee over a bit of blonde skirt. . 

41 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If UK fails to leave again the Tories will be annihilated at the next election.

Not sure given the other options.  If the Tories kicked out Johnson and purged the dreadful cabinet they might just survive.  On the other hand if Labour dumped Corbyn and the Tories kept Boris then yes they would be annihilated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Not sure given the other options.  If the Tories kicked out Johnson and purged the dreadful cabinet they might just survive.  On the other hand if Labour dumped Corbyn and the Tories kept Boris then yes they would be annihilated.

Moves are afoot to do just that. Corbin isn't flavour of the month any more with Labour grandees.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

They only original Parliamentary Brexit Ref supporting Bigot Party laughed then at the Great Liar in Chief but they ain't laughing now.....

Barcley certainly  can justify  his  salary by  consistent clever and deflective waffling skill!

In the  face of  direct questions as to how the Belfast Agreement  can be preserved under deal for Brexit there is  no solution other than to allow  Northern Ireland to  accede to the  Republic . Ireland should  be a united  rather than a divided country at the will of  the  English.

Should Scotland  or Wales  choose to defer to dictate  let  England  refer to the  great wall of  Trump !

While the world shrinks  so does the mentality of  political idealism !

So strange that the  illegitimate successors of  Royal oversight are  anything  but  Angle in origin.

Johnston was originally a US american.  Barred in  his own country  from  the position he  holds  in the  Dis-UK !

13 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Farage will do the purging ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I think it should be obvious to any thoughtful person, that Britain - at this point in time - is better off in the EU, as brexit is like swallowing junk food. Appears tasty, but not beneficial.

However, staying in the EU without seeking to overhaul a creaking political system - which it is becoming - would be an abrogation of duty by the next UK government. I would hope that brexit has focused both the UK and EU that radical changes must be put in place if the Union is to move forward in today's global environment. 

Or in a few decades there won't be a sustainable human environment - owing to global warming, and the USA's declination to change anything in their country to better the world. Republicans, including Trump, are ostriches.    

while overhauling what you refer to as "a creaking political system",

do not neglect and forget to spend considerable effort in order to overhaul UK's political system,

in my view the Brexit process has shown that the need is manifest

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

More from St Nigel:

(& I note elsewhere that the Civil Contingencies act of 2004 has been mooted for Tuesday)

Your my favourite member now - standing up for your convictions and not buying the Johnson lies. 

It is also high risk for Mr. Johnson himself. Elections, unlike referendums, are not about binary choices. Mr. Cummings, insiders say, is naïve about the distinction. He and Mr. Johnson are gambling that Brexit voters will automatically back a Brexit prime minister, but in an election deep tribal loyalties and random political issues could throw all those calculations off course.

None of this has deterred Mr. Johnson yet. In the ruthless pursuit of personal power he has unleashed lies, rage and resentment without a second thought. He claims that after Brexit he wants to bring Britain together. It is yet another of his egregious deceptions. He is instead deliberately, selfishly and recklessly taking the country apart,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/26/opinion/boris-brexit-conservatives.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

thanks, that is mass media rambling,

however, nothing in that cut opposes or is not in line with what I wrote

what I wrote is correct, you go and check the treaty text in stead of offering msm <deleted>

those EEA members not being members of EU have the option to sa no thanks to a new directive,

that is an option not available to EU members

(and, its 28 not 27)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

what I wrote is correct, you go and check the treaty text in stead of offering msm <deleted>

those EEA members not being members of EU have the option to sa no thanks to a new directive,

(and, its 28 not 27)

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

(and, its 28 not 27)

It's the ignorance of people like you who will ruin UK. You starting again cherry picking telling that you have a choice to accept or deny EU laws or rules as a EEA member. 

I thought the Norwegian PM would have opened your eyes and mind. 

However it would afford intellectual flexibility to get the whole picture. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1