New UK passport and stamp transfer.

Hi all,

I currently have a multiple entry non o Visa from HoChoMinh in my passport with an extension of stay valid until the beginning of December this year. I need to get a new passport as it's nearly full. Once I have my new English passport, am I able to just go out of the country and take both passports with me and use my Visa in my old passport and get stamped in on my new passport? Or should I got to immigration upon receiving my new passport and have the current stamp transferred over before leaving?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can leave the country showing both passports and they will transfer you current permit to stay stamp to the new one and stamp you out in the new one.

Then you will use both passport on entry to the country to use your visa in the old passport.

As long as your enter on or before December 10th you will get a new 90 day entry from it.

• Like 1

Take the new and old passports to your local immigration office together with the embassy letter, make the usual photocopies and take a photo or two of yourselff just in case...immigration will then transfer the stamps as well as any reentry permits. Should be no fee. Better to do it properly rather than assume the IO at the airport will do the right thing. 

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe,

I think this is what I will try. :)

You can leave the country showing both passports and they will transfer you current permit to stay stamp to the new one and stamp you out in the new one.
Then you will use both passport on entry to the country to use your visa in the old passport.
As long as your enter on or before December 10th you will get a new 90 day entry from it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Take the new and old passports to your local immigration office together with the embassy letter, make the usual photocopies and take a photo or two of yourselff just in case...immigration will then transfer the stamps as well as any reentry permits. Should be no fee. Better to do it properly rather than assume the IO at the airport will do the right thing. 

Unless on a long term extension of stay many immigration offices tell people to use both passports on departure from the country and will refuse to do  the stamp transfer.

Many people on a visa entry have wasted at trip to immigration to have the stamps transferred due them turning them away and telling them to do it when leaving the country.

• Like 1