Toon Bodyslam’s hospital charity run raises B36mn

webfact

Toon Bodyslam’s hospital charity run raises B36mn

By The Phuket News

1572236248_1-org.jpg

Artiwara ‘Toon Bodyslam’ Kongmalai (centre, in white shirt) with Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana (left of centre) and supporters point to the heavens before startng the ‘mini marathon’ from Laguna Grove yesterday afternoon (Oct 27). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The charity run led by Thai rock celebrity and now running sensation Artiwara “Toon Bodyslam” Kongmalai held over the weekend has so far raised more than B36 million for five public hospitals in southern Thailand, including Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town.

As of this morning (Oct 28) the Kaokonlakao Foundation reported that the fund-raising had reached B36,756,474. (See website here.)

The foundation this morning also posted a thank you to all people who took part – altogether some 13,000 people, the organisation noted.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/toon-bodyslam-hospital-charity-run-raises-b36mn-73391.php#oDfev05i7RzLkvxh.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-28

2 hours ago, Scot123 said:

My first thought was "I wonder how much of that will evaporate into greedy officials". 

exactly.  once went to see a famous thai band perform at a brewery-restaurant and police were there in charge of accepting entrance payment. amazing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Good man, good cause, well done...????

Yeah this dude does a lot of that sort of stuff. Impressive. Rather than sitting around and bitching about the state of the world, he does something.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Good man, good cause, well done...????

Yes seems to have a good hart and a Saint compared to our crew of Bob and Co. What I think people are expecting is very little of it to reach where it is needed most but disappearing into greedy officials who most likely will see it simply as free cash. Its very sad their greed knows no depths of low.