EU grants UK a Brexit extension until 31 January 2020

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Your considered assessment.

"Unfortunately, under this (and May's) "agreement", the EU will control the iron and the UK will end up becoming a flattened, singed and steaming pair of Y-fronts. "

But what did I vote for?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But what did I vote for?

Are you now trying to say that your assessment of leaving

"Unfortunately, under this (and May's) "agreement", the EU will control the iron and the UK will end up becoming a flattened, singed and steaming pair of Y-fronts. "

is not how you imagined it would turn out.

At the end of the day those that voted to leave have to accept what they get whether it is Trump in Y-fronts or not.

But what do I know you could be a closet remainer stirring the pot.

41 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The Lib Dems and the SNP are offering to help Boris get his December election.  Because Johnson is forever on the backfoot he may well go with that.  Probably know later today.  With their plan he would just need a majority and they would give him that.

Everybody wants an election as soon as possible but nobody trusts Boris an inch.

No10 just confirmed that they would accept a Lib Dem/SNP amendment to get their election in December.

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Are you now trying to say that your assessment of leaving

is not how you imagined it would turn out.

At the end of the day those that voted to leave have to accept what they get whether it is Trump in Y-fronts or not.

But what do I know you could be a closet remainer stirring the pot.

This is not an assessment of leaving, it is my view on what the present withdrawal agreement will mean for the negotiations that are to follow it. Yes, it is not how I imagined it would turn out, although I thought that a complete mess was on the cards, due to the complex web that the EU has stealthily woven over the years; that and all the interference and lack of goodwill since the referendum.

But why should leavers have to accept anything, when remainers can't even accept the result of the referendum?

Closet remainer? Right. 

2 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

But there was no vote cast for a no deal Brexit causing widespread calamity. Brexit has not been cancelled, a calamitous Brexit has. It is baffling how many times you need this pointing out. 

The MP’s are elected to do, rightly or wrongly, in this case rightly what they believe to be in the best interests of the country, not pander to 17 million people who had no clue of the consequences of what they were voting for. 

Wow, A 'Ficker than us' and a 'Not a no deal' in the same post! Where do i start...

When Cameron returned empty handed having been publicly humiliated by Brussels it, in effect was the EU signalling 'NO DEAL' & calling UK's bluff in the mistaken belief that;

a) We wouldn't dare hold a referendum &

b  ) We wouldn't dare vote to leave &

C) They (EU) were far too big & powerful for upstarts like us (or any other wayward desenters among their subverted member states, something they still fear!).

Enter St Nigel of Thanet & fast forward to yesterday...

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Citation?

Anyway, how can you possibly have 'electoral fraud' during a referendum? They are two distinctly different breeds of political sacred cow.

Wow, who'd expect somebody to post on a subject about which they clearly know so little. The referendum is covered by electoral law. Fraud during a referendum is known as electoral fraud. For a citation, there have been numerous links posted on here, but try looking up the Electoral Commission, they are the ones who described the fraud as "most serious".

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

In my country, nationalists putting all problems on the back of the EU also exist.

Their linear speech seems to be yours.

Fortunately, they are a small minority, even more at your Brexit show.

You seem confused.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The European Union on Monday agreed a 3-month flexible delay to Britain's departure from the bloc and grants UK a Brexit extension until 31 January 2020

Because the poncing EU wants UK to stay and their dosh, l guess the remainers will want Euro instead of £ next so they the remainers minority can watch it crash with the rest of the 27 EU ponces.

4 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

But there was no vote cast for a no deal Brexit causing widespread calamity. Brexit has not been cancelled, a calamitous Brexit has. It is baffling how many times you need this pointing out. 

The MP’s are elected to do, rightly or wrongly, in this case rightly what they believe to be in the best interests of the country, not pander to 17 million people who had no clue of the consequences of what they were voting for. 

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

Brexits coming home.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

It was a play on Johnson's quote (as you well know).

Just an immature reply to a very immature post.

We have discussed a 'turn of phrase' previously.

Now, let's hope we can have a more mature period leading up to the election.........  ????

9 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Now, let's hope we can have a more mature period leading up to the election.........  ????

I don't remember discussing a "turn of phrase" but don't expect a more mature approch whilst certain Brexiteers (not yourself) continue to post.

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The Lib Dems and the SNP are offering to help Boris get his December election.  Because Johnson is forever on the backfoot he may well go with that.  Probably know later today.  With their plan he would just need a majority and they would give him that.

Everybody wants an election as soon as possible but nobody trusts Boris an inch.

So who do you trust? The mps who reneged on their constituents in the referendum?

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

So who do you trust? The mps who reneged on their constituents in the referendum?

That cuts both ways. Kate Hoey, long time MP for Vauxhall. Vauxhall voted 78% remain. Lab voters nationally voted 65% remain. Hoey has consistently voted pro Brexit. To cap it all, during the debate on banning foxhunting, the MP for VAUXHALL voted pro foxhunting. Representing her constituents? Yea right!

43 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

And let's direct that at the current shower in government as well.  I suspect each side will promise the world and deliver nothing.

14 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Well certainly not those who promised that Brexit would be the easiest deal ever or the fantasy amount on the side of the bus or "We will leave on the 31st October deal or no-deal" or Europe needs us more than we need them or...……  The list is endless.

The MPs not prepared to take us over the cliff are the one's protecting their constituents who fell for all the blather and lies in the first case.

Archived