Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

Google has a new satellite map of Pattaya! :D

What is the Rayong date of November 28 all about then? I thought that the decision would be then, but if a court needs to give a date for the survey, will this be before then or after this date?

Regards

Justin

Good question. Anyone know if the survey has been scheduled?

What is the Rayong date of November 28 all about then? I was originally told the judege so many mouths to gather information and decide our case. That was who the date of Nov. 28 came about.

But this is not quite the facts. The judge can take more time if necessary. :o

Have they stopped to work now , about that 14m levell, or how is situation now?

The Supreme Court, "therefore, gives an order to amend the order of the Administrative Court of First Instance. That the Defendant No. 2 shall cease the construction performed, under the Work Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2007, on the part exceeding 14 meter height.”

They would not dare to defy the Supreme Court of Thailand

Have they stopped to work now , about that 14m levell, or how is situation now?

That the Defendant No. 2 shall cease the construction performed, under the Work Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2007, on the part exceeding 14 meter height.”

They would not dare to defy the Supreme Court of Thailand

Some mystic ability there i think. :o

They are pouring concrete on a floor level that is what seems ca. 14 m

No more iron rods for a next level gazing into the sky.

Hope it stays that way for the next 50 years.

I count 16 Cement trucks on site all belching out fumes - Ah the smell is almost intoxifying. What a joy to see the final floor being laid

Personally I will settle for 10 years - I think that is at least a reasonable time scale to finish with all the legal wrangling, appeals etc

Getting ready for that all-night, open air disco & karaoke, are they? :o

I do understand Tony of "Tony's Disco" has bought a sizeable amount of floorspace in the Jomtien Complex. No word, though, whether he's planning to re-instate his gym, or if it will be a another disco.

I do understand Tony of "Tony's Disco" has bought a sizeable amount of floorspace in the Jomtien Complex. No word, though, whether he's planning to re-instate his gym, or if it will be a another disco.

Is that the best rumours you can come up with?

Opening act will be Elvis of course

I can confirm this is correct :D

I can confirm this is correct :D

If it is correct at least it's opposite the Police Station. And will be nice to have a disco close by to go dance the nights away!

If I understood my source correctly (a Jomtien bar owner), Tony bought (not leased) a substantial amount floor space on the ground floor at the back (i.e. not facing the water) of the main Jomtien Complex tower building itself.

I was also informed that the four-floor shop-house complex between the Jomtien Complex towers and Thappraya Road is similar to a condominium block: they can be 49% owned by farang. I think the basic price for a single-width unit is B3.5million, although I think location influences the price. Supposedly, the 49% allocation has not been used up, so if you know (or are?) a farang wanting, for some reason, to own a townhouse/shop house, this might be of interest?

If I understood my source correctly (a Jomtien bar owner), Tony bought (not leased) a substantial amount floor space on the ground floor at the back (i.e. not facing the water) of the main Jomtien Complex tower building itself.

I was also informed that the four-floor shop-house complex between the Jomtien Complex towers and Thappraya Road is similar to a condominium block: they can be 49% owned by farang. I think the basic price for a single-width unit is B3.5million, although I think location influences the price. Supposedly, the 49% allocation has not been used up, so if you know (or are?) a farang wanting, for some reason, to own a townhouse/shop house, this might be of interest?

That is also correct. Tony bought a substantial floor space at the back of the Jomtien Complex towers and intends operating a disco/night club/entertainment complex there, no need for the BIB to worry about noise. :o

That is also correct. Tony bought a substantial floor space at the back of the Jomtien Complex towers and intends operating a disco/night club/entertainment complex there, no need for the BIB to worry about noise. :o

In fact what he has bought might be the huge white elephant which was originally built as a supermarket and has never been occupied, inside the Jomtien Complex shophouse area. I know for a fact that a sale of this went through recently and the former owners' representatives wouldn't tell me who had bought it or why, so I am putting two and two together here.

If Tony bought anything there for a new disco it must be in the Jomtien Complex shop house area. There is no way you could have a disco inside Jomtien Complex Condo as the noise would be to much for the residents and security would be unmanageable in the condo with all the people arriving and leaving the disco in the middle of the night.

If Tony bought anything there for a new disco it must be in the Jomtien Complex shop house area. There is no way you could have a disco inside Jomtien Complex Condo as the noise would be to much for the residents and security would be unmanageable in the condo with all the people arriving and leaving the disco in the middle of the night.

If the disco is at the *rear* of the complex (facing the shophouse complex) with no access to the condo lobby, I don't see where the Jomtien Complex Condo owners would have much objection. I don't think much noise would transfer upwards very far through the structure itself, definitely not as far up as the condo units -- don't they start on the 5th floor? Maybe if some owners left their entrance doors (which face the rear) noise could enter that way? <shrug>

If the disco is at the *rear* of the complex (facing the shophouse complex) with no access to the condo lobby, I don't see where the Jomtien Complex Condo owners would have much objection. I don't think much noise would transfer upwards very far through the structure itself, definitely not as far up as the condo units -- don't they start on the 5th floor? Maybe if some owners left their entrance doors (which face the rear) noise could enter that way? <shrug>

I'm not sure if there is an access to Jomtien Complex Condo from the rear, maybe there is.

Anyway, anyone who lives in a condo knows that you can hear any loud noise from most other units in that condo. If there is construction work going on in another unit it can be heard in most other units. I had a friend who lived in Centre Condo, 12th floor, Hollywood disco was across the road, one block away, and you still could hear that all night.

I don't live there so am not bothered, but don't think the owners in Jomtien Complex Condo would let that happen, they do seem to care about what's happening to their condo.

I'm not sure if there is an access to Jomtien Complex Condo from the rear, maybe there is.

Anyway, anyone who lives in a condo knows that you can hear any loud noise from most other units in that condo. If there is construction work going on in another unit it can be heard in most other units. I had a friend who lived in Centre Condo, 12th floor, Hollywood disco was across the road, one block away, and you still could hear that all night.

I don't live there so am not bothered, but don't think the owners in Jomtien Complex Condo would let that happen, they do seem to care about what's happening to their condo.

Noise will probably affect side unit owners, but not those only with a sea (or View Talay 7) view. I repeat, the unit Tony has bought is a big, 4 storey separate building, originally built as a supermarket, and it is not in the residential block of Jomtien Complex, but in the retail area behind it. However it is separated only by a road from the residential blocks and there will be noise - lots of it.

I wonder if they (The Regatta) have heard what went off at the meeting and survey for VT7 yesterday.

Maybe they know something that we don't know yet.

Or maybe like View Talay they are going to go ahead and throw good money after bad on a developmnt that appears to be contrary to the Thai law

Can we discuss Regatta on this thread? Just asking! :o

I wonder if they (The Regatta) have heard what went off at the meeting and survey for VT7 yesterday.

Maybe they know something that we don't know yet.

Or maybe like View Talay they are going to go ahead and throw good money after bad on a developmnt that appears to be contrary to the Thai law

Can we discuss Regatta on this thread? Just asking! :D

Do you want your bottom slapping?

Yes, please, sir! :D

I thought that would bring a smile to your face

Interesting to note that a certain Mr. Skittles is viewing this Forum as I write.

I wonder if he will leave a comment

Or

Oh my goodness the sun is setting over the (finished) shell of VT7 and I swear that is a fat porky I see flying along the horizon

Mr. Shaft and his lacky Mr. Skittles are always lurking! :D

EE Lad there's nowt like a good lurk to get the blood flowing

Aye, laddie! Ya never know when Mr Shaft and Mr Skittles will pursue ya! :o

My apologies Mr. OhdLover

I understand you understand Dutch - however double Dutch can flummox lot on em given half a chance - know what I mean nudge nudge nods as good as a wink to a blind skittle

Am i wrong here? The View Talay Project 7 building is the one that can now only go to 14m?

That means presumably that there will be no 27th floor?

I only ask because on the website............Bahtsold dot com someone is trying to sell a condo off plan on the 27th floor?

Edited by Manchester

My apologies Mr. OhdLover

I understand you understand Dutch - however double Dutch can flummox lot on em given half a chance - know what I mean nudge nudge nods as good as a wink to a blind skittle

No need to quote all quotes if you want to keep this topic readable. If you want to be a comedian (which I would seriously not recommend), try your family and friends first or start a website instead of boring people who are interested in what's going on with VT7.