Are Thais smarter than us?

Lacessit

Time seems to mean nothing to Thais. When one thinks of all the time pressure we put ourselves under with appointments, completion dates etc. it is no wonder we get stressed. I remember an aphorism from somewhere, " The only person who can put pressure on you is yourself".

Thai women are definitely smarter, they have the ability to keep your in the dark about near everything that is going on around you till the last minute, then hit you up when you don’t have time to think of other options.

Then if you dont go their way your in strife in a major way.

33 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

We didn't lose it, we granted independence to them.

The empire wasn't viable after the the two world wars that broke us financially

You gave Australia to the convicts...…..Convicts 1  Empire 0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

1 avoided colonisation........ would  have been better off  with it, they just bow  to whom ever demands it

2 Huh Chinese own a  lot as do Japanese

3 They are lazy period

4 Yeah no system at all for support, great plan just have sprogs and make them pay for your old age, dont set up a system where you pay in all your life and get something back later

5 mater manipulators , comical, some ole  slapper cons a trusting foreigner, thats not manipulation its deceipt lies and whatever

6 Ignore the sugar and msg and chemicals in the food?

7 wow......just wow, have they patented this genius idea  yet?

8 extractor fans?

9 scooter  lanes many are not for scooters they just use them, if their driving skills were zero theyd be fine on the normal roads

10 Thai waste  pipes out of their bogs are ridiculously small 2.5 inches  yet the waste  pipes are 4 inches  + a properly designed system copes  just fine

If we are  batting out of  our league why didnt Thailand land on the  moon, invent a myriad of  useful  things we  all rely on daily  etc etc etc

They can use a bat  we  wield nuclear weapons, no contest

I hardly think that wielding nuclear weapons is a sign of intelligence, just the opposite. Anyway 'we' don't wield them some parts of the military do and 'we' don't make them some scientists do. You couldn't make a television or a cell phone, most have no idea how their car works, you couldn't even make a cup if left to your own devices, you couldn't make iron or bronze so most are dummer than people 2,000 years ago, could you make an iron age roundhouse? could you survive on just a plot of land using primitive farming tools, could you even make fire without matches? No.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I hardly think that wielding nuclear weapons is a sign of intelligence, just the opposite. Anyway 'we' don't wield them some parts of the military do and 'we' don't make them some scientists do. You couldn't make a television or a cell phone, most have no idea how their car works, you couldn't even make a cup if left to your own devices, you couldn't make iron or bronze so most are dummer than people 2,000 years ago, could you make an iron age roundhouse? could you survive on just a plot of land using primitive farming tools, could you even make fire without matches? No.

and did those "smart "  Thais  make  any of those  things, nuclear  will deter  any attack from a bat wielding country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

could you make an iron age roundhouse? could you survive on just a plot of land using primitive farming tools, could you even make fire without matches? No.

we dont have to , thats what smart does for  you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I hardly think that wielding nuclear weapons is a sign of intelligence

disagree, so much has come out of the understanding of that...........but not by Thais

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Who are you referring to as 'us'? There are r**ards all over the world, especially in England where I am from. 

If you look at Thailand's accomplishments throughout history you will see literally nothing that shows inventiveness or ingenuity. They are one of many nations around the world that hasn't really created anything that is used on a global scale, except maybe Red Bull or Thai cuisine. 

Don't know about that, they certainly have the rest of the world interested in their women.

31 minutes ago, Thian said:

Almost all the large companies in thailand are run by Chinese....

And Isan kitchens are great? There are mosquito's, cockroaches, snakes and so on.....i'm very happy with our european kitchen.

Cockroaches and snakes are absorbed into the menu. Extra protein. Geckos take care of the mosquitoes.

Anything that involves boiling or steaming in an enclosed kitchen is fine. Start frying, and it stinks the whole room out.

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always say 'yes', then never actually get around to doing whatever I said 'yes' to.

That's far more Thai, eliminates all contention and bad feelings.

So you're saying you've got smarter by using a Thai approach? I rest my case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The only reason Thailand wasn't colonised was because it was used as a buffer for the two Empires.

It was nothing to do with any kind of power.

In WW2 the Allies bombed all around the palace (without killing the Royal Family) as a warning not to side with the enemy again.

Thais should be taught this and then they would have more respect for the Brits in particular

Yes, that great! We shall all have respect for the Brits, because you are one. Sadly, I do believe that many of your fellow countrymen, will thinks that you lower their already tarnished reputation with your "silly, I am the almighty" comments. Any country that has to use weapon the gain respect from people they are not even in war with, is not worth any.

Thais will also tell lies about things that we think are morally reprehensible i.e. child has cancer or family member has died, just to get cash

As I do believe I stated before. You just seem to hang with all the wrong people. Why not get some friends you can trust and stop getting all hairs stuck to the same brush.

Western cultures had industrial revolutions that pushed everybody away from the farms into the cities.

This never happened in Thailand and thus many people families have land that they can grow basic foodstuffs off and live a very basic subsistence lifestyle

Yes, and many people are happy with that and their life. Why you just not stop looking down on them and let them live their worryless lives?

Very apathetic people too with the feudal mentality still evident.

Sakdina still reigns supreme.

I'm British and have studied my history at great lengths.

We would never have allowed as a nation of people to be subjugated like this.

It took 1000 years of toil and innovation.

Take a look at your post above, and then take a look at what your home country allows today. I would say that´s the opposite of innovation and zero evolution. 

• Haha 1