Are Thais smarter than us?

Lacessit

38 minutes ago, Thian said:

And Isan kitchens are great? There are mosquito's, cockroaches, snakes and so on.....i'm very happy with our european kitchen.

How can you define the greatness of a kitchen by comparing outfits like Isaan kitchen with european kitchen regarding the facts of mosquitos, cockroaches and snake?

I always thought that what you get into your house had to do with what the nature offers in combination with how soild the roof, ceiling and outer walls were built.

Glad you are happy, but based on that comment you just cemented that they are probably far more intelligent than we previosly could imagine.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You might as well claim monkeys (or fish) are more intelligent than humans as they never work at all.

Technically, ALL animals are more intelligent than humans.

We're the only species that pay to live on this planet. ????

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Daft as a goldfish but crafty as a fox sums up a lot of bar girls as I remember them, or do they all have degrees these days?

I'm fairly sure they could produce one if asked. Nice illustration.

It can be they are smarter than us???? I don't personally like to hear anyone in my near circles described as smart because I then have a tendency to stiffen up and be careful. However I don't know how smart is defined / analyzed in other countries but where I come from and when I grow up smart was an indication that the person could be a deceiver and half criminal. Now if you say better at school, work, and be wise then its another story????

4 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

It can be they are smarter than us???? I don't personally like to hear anyone in my near circles described as smart because I then have a tendency to stiffen up and be careful. However I don't know how smart is defined / analyzed in other countries but where I come from and when I grow up smart was an indication that the person could be a deceiver and half criminal. Now if you say better at school, work, and be wise then its another story????

There are two types of intelligence, maybe more. Logical and emotional intelligence. IMHO Thais have a lot of the latter. One only has to look at the networks they create to see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

And Isan kitchens are great? There are mosquito's, cockroaches, snakes and so on.....i'm very happy with our european kitchen.

This is a typical Thai outdoor kitchen. Easy to work in, no need for aircon. My Thai GF cooks in it for me and her family.

There's a fair few houses and restaurants that burn down due to accumulated cooking oils in the exhaust ducting. Not going to happen here.

IMG20191029182429.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would say I've learnt from Buddhism.

Christianity always taught me to do what was right and moral, no matter what, epic fail.

Buddhism has taught me to take the middle path, not care too much about anything or anyone, and it really works.

Christianity is a religion, Buddhism is a philosophy. That's why the theistic religions tend to look down on it as a refuge for damaged people. They do tend to forget it was them that did the damage in the first place.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You might as well claim monkeys (or fish) are more intelligent than humans as they never work at all.

Im not working. Am I smart, or am I a fish ???? 

I love that description. Here I am, just lollin around the warm water, waiting for some babe to throw some Hokkaido buns into the canal here, hey look there is a croissant, nope, its 6 inches away, ah, here is a hunk right near my nose, gurlump, ah, yummy, I think Ill have a dump now........

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This is a typical Thai outdoor kitchen. Easy to work in, no need for aircon. My Thai GF cooks in it for me and her family.

There's a fair few houses and restaurants that burn down due to accumulated cooking oils in the exhaust ducting. Not going to happen here.

IMG20191029182429.jpg

Looks a bit to clean for a true Isaan kitchen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Anything that involves boiling or steaming in an enclosed kitchen is fine. Start frying, and it stinks the whole room out.

We have a good hood and filters that go in the dishwashingmachine every few weeks...no stench here, the kitchen also has 2 doors and 2 windows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

IMG20191029182429.jpg

OMG, and where does she have to cut/wash.?? This is a condo kitchen, Isan kitchen is much bigger than this. And the doors are locked for the rats? 

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Q: "5/ Thais are master manipulators. How else could a semi-literate girl from Issan persuade a much older foreign male to shell out their life savings on a dream house and car, when they can barely communicate?"

A: 'Tis a mystery.

Hmmmm.....jpg

Does she need money?  I was thinking about several deposits.....is a cheque OK? 

There are two types of intelligence, maybe more. Logical and emotional intelligence. IMHO Thais have a lot of the latter. One only has to look at the networks they create to see that.

I like your topic and the many replies..well worth a read!

I think I agree with you on the amazing ability of the Thai to create social and emotional networks-I would give them an 8.5 out of 10 for this.

Edited by Odysseus123

IMG20191029182429.jpg

Nothing to worry about there.....well,  except for the asbestos in the roof.   But don't worry if you old like me, we don't have long to go anyway! 

Uhm...the fact that Thailand has a lot of females in top management position says nothing about their intelligence. Probably has more to do with women's position in Thai society.

Not to insult you, but I'm not sure Thai women compare well with the rest of the world in terms of intelligence.

Edited by Bassosa

1 minute ago, Bassosa said:

Uhm...the fact that Thailand has a lot of females in top management position says nothing about their intelligence. Probably has more to do with emancipation.

Not to insult you, but I'm not sure Thai women compare well with the rest of the world in terms of intelligence.

Yes, you correct sir.