Marriage or retirement visa

Hello guys  looking for some advice here marriage or retirement visa ..im currently here on a 30 day entry i will get another 60 days from immigration as i did last year for family ..but now want to move here permanent  i will be going back to europe in april as indid last year ..then coming back in july to stay   im married and retired  even tho i go back to work for 2 months to yop up my low pension   so is it easy to do or does a anyone recomend a company that can do it which would be better retirement....marriage..  anyone any idea of costs ... open to suggestions..

Where in Thailand will you be applying for your extension? It does vary slightly, for example with the combination method mentioned above. Also which country in Europe, they mostly still issue Embassy income verification letters? 

You will get more accurate answers. 

I have always used retirement extension, but since I have never got married, not much choice. 

Edited by jacko45k

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A non-o visa can be issued for marriage to a Thai or retirement.

During the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage or retirement.

A extension of stay based upon marriage requires 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

A extension based upon retirement requires 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months to apply and then for 3 months after the application and then 400k baht for the rest of the year. Or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The extension based upon marriage requires some more paperwork and a 30 day wait after the application is accepted before you get the one year extension stamp.

I am on my 12th extension based upon marriage and can say they are not that difficult to do.

You can do either one yourself without a problem.

Do you have a link as to what documentation is now needed for an extension of stay based on marriage (for a Non I "O" visa holder)  ? when I asked TV's search engine it could not help.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

What costs am i looking at for initial visa and they yearly ..are they the same ...it the paperwork all easy enough to get hold of that they require ..tks mate 

For a non-o visa needed to apply for an extension of stay the fee is 2000 baht.

For the first one year extension and all others after that  the fee is 1900 baht.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Here is my list of the requirements. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Joe, you got the same list of document requirements for an application at Savannakhet for an application for a non immigrant 'o' based on retirement?...I'm a bit confused for the 800k money seasoning requirements, if any (thai bank or overseas OK?), confirmation of citizenship from the embassy other than passport, etc...

27 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

Joe, you got the same list of document requirements for an application at Savannakhet for an application for a non immigrant 'o' based on retirement?...I'm a bit confused for the 800k money seasoning requirements, if any (thai bank or overseas OK?), confirmation of citizenship from the embassy other than passport, etc...

No but the same thing is being discussed in this topic.

I am super confused and I have asked the same question on several different threads and have not gtten a straight answer. I keep seeing people quote that you can get a non o visa for retirement. Here inthe USA on thebThailand EMbassy website under the visa section the non o lists this visa type is for visiting family or non chartiable work no refeference is made for retirement. Is that correct or not? If it can be used for retirement can some show me the documents needed to apply for retirement version of this type visa? 

11 hours ago, Dan O said:

I am super confused and I have asked the same question on several different threads and have not gtten a straight answer. I keep seeing people quote that you can get a non o visa for retirement. Here inthe USA on thebThailand EMbassy website under the visa section the non o lists this visa type is for visiting family or non chartiable work no refeference is made for retirement. Is that correct or not? If it can be used for retirement can some show me the documents needed to apply for retirement version of this type visa? 

You cannot get one in the US. The embassy and the 3 official consulates will not issue one. About 3 years ago the embassy ordered the honorary consulate in the US to stop issuing them as well.

If in the US about the only option is to get a single entry tourist visa and then apply for change of visa status to get a non-o visa entry at immigration here.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:15 AM, jacko45k said:

Where in Thailand will you be applying for your extension? It does vary slightly, for example with the combination method mentioned above. Also which country in Europe, they mostly still issue Embassy income verification letters? 

You will get more accurate answers. 

I have always used retirement extension, but since I have never got married, not much choice. 

I was going to try in phetchabun where i live 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

No problem to do it there. Just check with the office there to find out what their specific requirements are.

Yes mate thanks. But because I only came in on 30 days and only got 2 weeks left apparently a visa is required before they can issue one ie should have come in on one the reason I didn't I left it till late because I always use a company in Paris who do a the leg work for me and not expensive. But when I contacted they told me they no longer do visa with Thai embassy.. Any others but having to much trouble with the place so left me short on time to get one.. also as the IO pointed out I would not have enough time in now which to apply for one.. Having to look at other options mate   thanks anyway 

37 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Yes mate thanks. But because I only came in on 30 days and only got 2 weeks left apparently a visa is required before they can issue one ie should have come in on one the reason I didn't I left it till late because I always use a company in Paris who do a the leg work for me and not expensive. But when I contacted they told me they no longer do visa with Thai embassy.. Any others but having to much trouble with the place so left me short on time to get one.. also as the IO pointed out I would not have enough time in now which to apply for one.. Having to look at other options mate   thanks anyway 

It can be done when you at least 15 days remaining on the 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Paris only accepts online applications now using the e visa site. I assume some agents have to registered to do it for their customers.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

It can be done when you at least 15 days remaining on the 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Paris only accepts online applications now using the e visa site. I assume some agents have to registered to do it for their customers.

Thanks mate ...