Extra day added to year-end holiday

snoop1130

Extra day added to year-end holiday

By THE NATION

800_12d9093ac179e71.jpg

The Cabinet has approved December 30 (Monday) as a public holiday, adding an extra day to the year-end break which will now be running from December 28 (Saturday) to January 1 (Wednesday) or a total of 5 days, a source said.

However, government agencies providing necessary or emergency services to the public will stay open on that day, according to source.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377856

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-29

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

government agencies providing necessary or emergency services to the public will stay open on that day,

They can stay open round the clock but still nothing will get done if my friend's experience at Sattahip's police station yesterday is typical.  He's an ex-policeman UK and very organised; consulting the police web site for all the necessary documents for his journey.  He tried Monday; the chief was in Bangkok.  He returned Tuesday and experienced utter rudeness, total incomprehension and contrary information to the Central web site.

What a shambles this country is when the police are a bye-word for incompetence and corruption!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

They can stay open round the clock but still nothing will get done if my friend's experience at Sattahip's police station yesterday is typical.  He's an ex-policeman UK and very organised; consulting the police web site for all the necessary documents for his journey.  He tried Monday; the chief was in Bangkok.  He returned Tuesday and experienced utter rudeness, total incomprehension and contrary information to the Central web site.

What a shambles this country is when the police are a bye-word for incompetence and corruption!

Did your ex copper pal take a Thai speaking friend with him! How many UK police chiefs speak Thai I wonder, I reckon they weren’t impressed by his former job!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChipButty said:

So in Thailand we have 366 days in the year? 

As do most other countries and cultures in 2020. It is a leap year in the Gregorian calendar, the generally accepted standard for offical purposes around the world.

The Chinese and Islamic, Christian and Buddhist communities in Thailand also use variations of lunar calendars to fix some festivals, so there is plenty of choice as to how many days in any one year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CLS said:

Thailand had last 25 public holidays.

This year already 28 days. (Bangkok and Nonthaburi)

If they keep this pace they run out of days in 77 years.

I agree I never seen anything like it soon there will be more holidays than working days 

5 days New Year Holiday (Dec 28 - Jan 1) .... does employers have to pay for the new added day.....

Thai New Year 6 days ( In our Village @ 10 days give or take a few beers/Thai whisky) ....... 

i was born too early.....and missed all the benefits....

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Nope. He means every country will have 366 days next year. You aren’t comprehending based on your answer. 

Every four years it's like that ...It's called leap years 

My answer was any year regardless of whether next year will be leap year ...

When it comes to adding days off, Thailand is again first in the class. :cheesy:

9 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I thought the government wanted to lower the road carnage ......???

Nah!! Only the Government type workers and Company workers get the time off. The plebs don't get paid so work or get <deleted> and crash their cars/yutes etc and die. No problems