Bank Transfer Scam?

Just a heads up for anyone else who may be in a similar position.
I recently sent my wife a little under half a million baht from the U. S. To Thailand.
A few days after the transfer. Someone claiming to be from her bank called and said that my company had requested that the funds be returned. My wife has a decent brain and called me. But I wonder how many people would actually believe it and send the money into some scamers account?
Oddly this last transfer had a heck of a time even leaving the
U.S. I was told by my banker here that just his branch they had half a million dollars stolen via transfer fraud. So who knows maybe the scam is alot bigger than just the Thai side of it.
Never had a problem before. This particular account I use has a history of sending quite alot of money to Thailand and other countries.
I'll follow through with a notification to my bank here. Will also have her go and talk to her branch manager in Thailand.

Many criminals don't carry a gun and wear a mask to rob a bank...they use a keyboard and and learn how to avoid cyber security.

No 1 reason for not jumping on the Bit-coin band wagon...do not trust "digital currency"!  The internet cloud is a place for thieves to rob people and businesses and go undetected.  ????