White House adviser tells lawmakers Trump Ukraine call raised national security concerns

webfact

31 minutes ago, Becker said:

Trump is a traitor - simple as that.

By definition of the law no but betrayal of the constitution yes 100% opportunist yes criminal yes immoral yes unsuitable for the job as president yes 100% qualified for impeachment and removal imo yes 100% the republicans need to flush this guy and field a normal candidate like Mitt Romney and maybe Christian Nielsen as vp salvage their party and reputation give us an alternative.the adviser has indeed put his future at risk by telling the truth about a very powerful wealthy mentally ill viscous man who has built his life on destroying others

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Can't believe how many people don't understand the function of the President and the authority he has.

and the responsibility to use that power for the good of the people.

As for a Lawyer of the defendant attending investigations, imho that will be a rather undesirable event, and potentially create a way to gain intelligence to pressure those who are willing to make a truthful statement to make a desired statement. 

It would be sad if the justice system were to go the way some European countries are struggling with, as even lawyers are being liquidated to pressurize witnesses to make desirable statements.

Also, in Analogy:
Imagine an investigation where the lawyer of a suspect has to be attending the finding of the truth and of proof and failing Counsel's attending those internal deliberations,  where he would get to know all that prosecutors know, the criminal cannot be tried. 
Sounds like nonsense to me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jchfriis said:

"By the way that officer took an oath to obey the president."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the oath was to defend the Constitution, not obey the president.

Here is the oath that full time service men and women swear to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Uniformed_Services_Oath_of_Office

Text of the Oath.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[1] The oath is for an indeterminate period; no duration is specifically defined.

You are correct. However there is additional Oath on the same link which states this, and the National Guard officers do indeed state that   "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States"

Officers of the National Guard of the various States, however, take an additional oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___

against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ on which I am about to enter, so help me God.[3]