Video: Granny mown down by fleeing motorcyclist

webfact

Not a good thing and she obviously should have looked but has anyone even seen school kids being taught how to cross a road!

The stuff I see on a daily basis on "non busy" scares the hell out of me. Just not in their mindset to look.

My apologies when people believe it's a Thai bashing post, but It isn't.

Whenever there's an accident people just ride, or drive away. Where's the feeling of guilt?

But have you seen anybody who just stops and says that he/she did something wrong and waits for the consequences?

Fleeing the scene of an accident seems to be Thai folks sport/ hobby. 

No one has commented that on the video she broke into a shuffling run part way across the road. This is a pretty good indicator that she SAW the bike and tried to beat it across the road. No traffic followed it so she could have waited 5 seconds and crossed safely- a tortoise could have sprinted quicker than her. Having broken into the run she was then looking towards oncoming traffic, not taking the bike into account. This doesn't take anything away from the bike rider though- who should have stopped.

People here are always in too much of a hurry to consider stepping back a bit and taking a safer approach.

12 hours ago, owenm said:

If you watch the video, on impact it looks like LH side mirror goes flying. I agree grandma should have checked to her RHS again before the crossing. The MB rider should also have been more alert at conditions in front of him and slowed down. 

... and the most recent thumbprints (from doing rarely done adjustments) will still be on the plastic glass

This was probably on a quiet soi (by the looks of it). Presumably. the motorcycle was over speed and the lady misjudged.

This was exactly my point re the daredevil farang video posted a few days ago (20 minute video, red bike) who IMO put many people, vehicle or pedestrian, at risk with his Go-Pro, Risk-Taking, Show-Off video.

For some people, it is difficult to comprehend an oncoming vehicle when above normal speed.

won’t be long to catch this piece of excrement, we can live in hope of some small justice ( what a delusional dick I am haha ????). Nice clear pictures of side and back of rider, and plate.
my guess is a regular route for this trash too.

21 hours ago, NightSky said:

The video shows the poor grandma running out into the road in front of the motorbike.

im glad she is ok, could have been much worse.

i doubt the motorcycle was at joint fault unless speeding.

He is at fault for not stopping.

21 hours ago, GarryP said:

She didn't appear to recheck to her right before crossing the road. Motorcyclist should have stopped but I would say granny caused the accident.

"Look right, look left and look right again. If all clear, quick march."   

are they taught this.....as we were taught in school ??

Dont think so !!

33 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thai drivers are the most selfish, thoughtless, brainless, dangerous, set of dummies I have ever experienced; aided and abetted by lazy, inept, greedy Keystone cops!

"Thai drivers"!!!

Every time I drive in my home country (22 hours of flight from Thailand), I say the same thing about my home country drivers.

It's far from exclusive to Thailand.

As is a typical deadly trait of Thai drivers, and in this case pedestrians, absolutely zero sense of the need of judging or evaluating vehicle speed. I see this behaviour daily, they see the vehicle but make no attempt to process the speed, if it's somewhat far away they think there is no concern. Stunning.

54 minutes ago, wcoast said:

in this case pedestrians, absolutely zero sense of the need of judging or evaluating vehicle speed.

I was knocked down by a motorcycle taxi in a similar manner to this accident , except my wife said I did a 180 degree back flip  the accident was caused by me running out between parked cars on a quite busy road without looking properly..why because her brand new motorcycle with side car was rolling down the hill about to crash into parked cars.

Always look before you leap !

23 hours ago, neeray said:

"Thai drivers"!!!

Every time I drive in my home country (22 hours of flight from Thailand), I say the same thing about my home country drivers.

It's far from exclusive to Thailand.

Is your country Canada?  I have driven from Calgary to Vancouver and met only consideration and politeness over there.  Can you imagine what Thais would do to the etiquette at four-ways?

Archived