Thailand Post handling eight million parcels a day

webfact

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

They have do to sonething as their service must be being eroded by the likes of Kerry and others that have exploded over recent years.

Absolutely right regarding Kerry. A far more superior service, quicker than EMS and cheaper most times. We use Kerry for all parcels within Thailand now after problems with Thailand Post.  

4 hours ago, manchega said:

I have, every 5th or so parcel does not quite make it, sometimes not tracked leaving country of departure sometimes reaches BKK, but dissapeared is dissapeared, I ask relatives not to send anymore

If you can track them they must be registered, at least, so searches can be started and, if lost, some compensation paid!

How did your searches go?

I have posted before about this experience. My Mother sent me a parcel containing a book from UK, normal post. I did not know she had sent this and so nothing was said. 3, yes, 3 months later it turns up. Had been sitting in the back of a sorting office in Bang Saphan Noi!!!

I have had Christmas cards never arrive or again taking months to arrive.

Thailand Post is an absolute joke!!! 

4 hours ago, manchega said:

They also have a habit of not delivering parcels from abroad, opening, and demanding tax be paid on anything and everything.

These <deleted> holes are thieving watsits

If duty has to be paid that is because Customs has determined that based on an examination of your package and advised your local post office for your area.  You would then have been advised of the duty payable based on official rates with a breakdown of the charge.  If you disagree with the amounts you can request a re-assessment. 

If you have items sent here that attract duty, that is no one's problem but yours and it sure doesn't mean that they are "<deleted> holes are thieving watsits".

24 minutes ago, Redline said:

I have had hundreds of dollars of stuff come up missing-either way, good tpeople see someone doing their job

Did the sender of the "hundreds of dollars of stuff" bother to spend a couple of dollars to send it registered so it could be tracked?

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

A box of nine kilogrammes from an EMS counter in Robinson Sukhumvit Soi 19/Bangkok to Nong Khai took six days at B 1'146.

If you'd walked 5 minutes down the road to Thailand Post's Nana office you could have had it sent properly at the proper Thailand Post rates!  

The "EMS counter" in Robinson's is not Thailand Post, all it does is collect mail, take it to the real Post Office when it's convenient to them and charge you extra for the privilege!

3 minutes ago, Redline said:

Once it left the USA, it was no longer trackable 

If it was really sent trackable/signed for USPS it would be trackable all the way to your door in Thailand, that's the point of it!    If the sender sent valuable items without doing that, don't blame Thailand Post!

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

If it was really sent trackable/signed for USPS it would be trackable all the way to your door in Thailand, that's the point of it!    If the sender sent valuable items without doing that, don't blame Thailand Post!

Except it disappeared after it left the USA-maybe someone had a bad day and threw it overboard ???? but it was likely stolen in Thailand 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:24 PM, Just Weird said:

If you'd walked 5 minutes down the road to Thailand Post's Nana office you could have had it sent properly at the proper Thailand Post rates!  

The "EMS counter" in Robinson's is not Thailand Post, all it does is collect mail, take it to the real Post Office when it's convenient to them and charge you extra for the privilege!

Not shown on the App - so how could I know ........ 

23 hours ago, Redline said:
On 10/31/2019 at 2:28 PM, Just Weird said:

Except it disappeared after it left the USA-maybe someone had a bad day and threw it overboard ???? but it was likely stolen in Thailand 

"...but it was likely stolen in Thailand".

Why do you say that, doesn't the US have thieves?  Did you ask for an investigation when it went astray, that's what you do when tracked items go missing, don't you?

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:
On 10/31/2019 at 2:24 PM, Just Weird said:

Not shown on the App - so how could I know ........ 

What wasn't shown on what app?

I have sent 2780 orders overseas with regular Thailand post since late 2016. Delivery rate on time about 95%. About 4% longer than estimated and 1% non delivery ( so my buyers say but who knows if they are all honest )

Nothing ever late or missing when sent to northern European nations.

Very occasionally something is late or lost to the USA.

Worst countries to ship to are 

1) Italy ( often painfully slow )

2) Australia   mostly on time but quite often very slow

3) Canada. ..when working ok bit industrial action and slow customs checking meant that I had to suspend shipping for 6 months until they got their problems sorted.

If selling online buyers always seek redress from sellers and give a negative review when various postal services screw up.

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why do you say that, doesn't the US have thieves?  Did you ask for an investigation when it went astray, that's what you do when tracked items go missing, don't you?

Yes, it left the USA.  It was investigated, and just one of three times posts never made it from there to me.  In my entire life in the USA, I have never had a missing post, nor anyone I have known there ????

28 minutes ago, Redline said:
19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, it left the USA.  It was investigated, and just one of three times posts never made it from there to me.

So, it had been sent tracked/signed for and as it never turned up you would have been compensated, yes? 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, Just Weird said:

So, it had been sent tracked/signed for and as it never turned up you would have been compensated, yes? 

Thailand doesn’t track USPS parcels, at least not then-they would be responsible-that would it happen here ????

On 10/30/2019 at 4:40 AM, bluesofa said:

Yes, perhaps the glitches might be ironed out over time with this new tracking page - it's just not updated anywhere as often as the old one.

Dunno, Kerry seems OK to me.

You can see where it is and once the delivery guy has your parcel. At least they call you to say they're coming and check you're at home.

I'M WITH YOU..... 100%..... KERRY is giving the 'Thai Post' a run for their money......... I almost think that is the reason for this NEWS article........ Thai Post has lost many customers to KERRY, INCLUDING ME...... If you are voicing your opinion on here I hope you have experience to back it up..... I average 10-15 parcels a month to all parts of Thailand.... With Kerry even (outside) UBON from Pattaya is second day (90%).... I've been sending parcels in Thailand for years and used EMS for safer delivery and Tracking and never lost a parcel... A few years ago the Thai post installed video monotoring in all their facilities and cut way down on on theft (Just as Thai Airways has done)...... So now days it isn't so much about theft but more about 'timelieness' and 'tracking'.....

I am speaking with much experience when I say that KERRY has made THAI POST work on 'Improvements' and I appreciate KERRY giving the POST 'competition...... Thank you KERRY.....

If you haven't tried KERRYS then give them a try.... (Go to thier location office if possible - Better than Family Mart or 7-11 locations)..... and 'show some appreciation' for THEM running competition with the POST........

8 hours ago, Redline said:

Thailand doesn’t track USPS parcels, at least not then-they would be responsible-that would it happen here ????

"Thailand doesn’t track USPS parcels..."

Yes, it does, if they are sent using USPS's tracked/signed for service that most people would use for items worth "several hundred dollars".  If it wasn't tracked after leaving the US what would be the point of the USPS offering the service?

On 11/2/2019 at 2:58 AM, Redline said:

Yes, it left the USA.  It was investigated, and just one of three times posts never made it from there to me.  In my entire life in the USA, I have never had a missing post, nor anyone I have known there ????

In the USA....... I also have never had a 'lost' a single mail item.....................

May I ask what year this lost Item happened?????  Recent years Video Surveilance in 'Baggage Areas' has improved greatly.............. And mail travels as 'Baggage' internationally........

In Past Years I had two occasions of things stolen out of my baggage on Thai Airways...... But before they installed all the 'Videos'............

On 11/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, Denim said:

I have sent 2780 orders overseas with regular Thailand post since late 2016. Delivery rate on time about 95%. About 4% longer than estimated and 1% non delivery ( so my buyers say but who knows if they are all honest )

Nothing ever late or missing when sent to northern European nations.

Very occasionally something is late or lost to the USA.

Worst countries to ship to are 

1) Italy ( often painfully slow )

2) Australia   mostly on time but quite often very slow

3) Canada. ..when working ok bit industrial action and slow customs checking meant that I had to suspend shipping for 6 months until they got their problems sorted.

If selling online buyers always seek redress from sellers and give a negative review when various postal services screw up.

I Oz if it's going to the outback maybe they hold it until the 'Flying Doctor' gets a call out.

????????

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, it does, if they are sent using USPS's tracked/signed for service that most people would use for items worth "several hundred dollars".  If it wasn't tracked after leaving the US what would be the point of the USPS offering the service?

You must be really bored ???? 

13 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

In the USA....... I also have never had a 'lost' a single mail item.....................

May I ask what year this lost Item happened?????  Recent years Video Surveilance in 'Baggage Areas' has improved greatly.............. And mail travels as 'Baggage' internationally........

In Past Years I had two occasions of things stolen out of my baggage on Thai Airways...... But before they installed all the 'Videos'............

About 6 years ago, and a few documents as well 3 and 4 years ago.  I send everything fedex or ups now, but very expensive 

11 hours ago, Redline said:
On 11/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, Just Weird said:

You must be really bored ???? 

No, just really curious about a situation that seems unlikely, but why would I seem bored, especially, when you've posted exactly the same number of comments as I have about your "missing hundreds of dollars worth package"?

Excuse me for responding to your post in a public forum, I thought that was the point of a forum.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, just really curious about a situation that seems unlikely, but why would I seem bored, especially, when you've posted exactly the same number of comments as I have about your "missing hundreds of dollars worth package"?

Excuse me for responding to your post in a public forum, I thought that was the point of a forum.

Enjoy ????????????

Archived