Flying domestic without a passport

15 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What would they have done if you didn't have a Thai drivers license? Denied you flying to BKK to go to the Aussie Embassy to renew your expired passport? Then how would you renew your passport or even worse, if you had lost your passport previously and needed to go to BKK to get a new one?

Dunno

15 hours ago, problemfarang said:

why? I stayed in Dusit Thai Hua Hin, without showing my passport but my wife's was enough.. 

OP said hes with his wife not alone. Also any ID showing his name and face, will do

That's often my experience too.When I stay in "decent" (ie first class hotels) a photocopy of my relevant passport pages has always been sufficient.Occasionally I have used a Thai DL but think they prefer the passport photocopy.

As it happens I always keep my original passport in my back pocket.Perhaps childishly I'm always interested to see what I can get away with.

I has a similar problem. Wanted to fly to Chiang Mai while my passport was being renewed at the US Consulate. I checked with the airport in Loei (they didn’t fly to Chiang Mai but I figured if the Loei airport said yes then we could go to Udon Thani and catch a flight from there. I had a laminated copy of my passport page and the Loei airport wouldn’t accept it. I then showed them my California drivers license and they said yesterday  I could use it to fly.

So, I took the chance and went to Udon Thani (which flies to Chiang Mai) and was flatly refused to fly anywhere -with the copy of my passport page and drivers license. The moral of the story-maybe you can and maybe you can’t. It really depends on the individual in charge at each airport. The airline in question is Nok Air.

Do you have a picture of passport in your phone OR is someone

available to get your passport take picture and send to you? 

I think is ASIA it would be difficult. Your passport is checked three

times by the time you get on the airplane.

Forgot my Passport crossed into Mexico from US no checks going into Mexico. We flew in four seat Cessna from Las to the border I realized in the air I left Passport in rental no turning around. Passport is required to come back in.

Being a US Citizen with DL and a copy of passport that was emailed to me. After a very long talk they said ok.

Unfortunately don’t think it will happen here...