TM30...now the dust has settled

I'm trying to understand as best as possible this issue, specifically a couple of points. And for the moment, I just want to keep it to Bangkok.

1) Now we are a few months into the implementation, it 'sounds' like the issue of getting a password for the app has been smoothed out? Or am I mis-reading the situation?

2) I've heard reports from friends - those on non-immigrant B visas with extensions and work permits that they aren't being asked for the TM30 at all?

3) Last but not least, the way I understand the system working, it 'seems' possible that you can basically not do your TM30 reporting all year, so long as your last one is up to date before heading to immigration to get an annual extension (for all visas?).

Just trying to get peoples thoughts, thanks.

Hi,

Sorry to jump in here, my wife has been entering my stays online successfully and I'm due to renewal my marriage extension next week. Since we do this online I'm not sure what I need to do regarding paper to submit with my visa renewal. Can someone give me some guidance as I don't want to run into a problem when i visit Changwattana.

Thanks in advance.

James

1 minute ago, canadian said:

Hi,

Sorry to jump in here, my wife has been entering my stays online successfully and I'm due to renewal my marriage extension next week. Since we do this online I'm not sure what I need to do regarding paper to submit with my visa renewal. Can someone give me some guidance as I don't want to run into a problem when i visit Changwattana.

Thanks in advance.

James

I have done TM30 online and renewed my retirement extension last month ( Ayutthaya ).

Not sure if the online TM30 ’s were even checked at extension but they did ask for a copy of my gf’s ( as landlord ) ID and Tabian Baan, the regular form for TM30 was not filled in and no receipt was given so i am assuming that they checked the documents I supplied against the online reports ( or maybe not, who knows ).

I would recommend you go armed with the same docs you used for the online TM30.

OP

I did miss out a few reports of TM30 ( maybe 7 over a year and a half ) and when my extension was getting close just did the latest report online, which was 6 months out of date ( a little over the 24 hour ruling ????) and all went well.

Note, this was Ayutthaya immigration, hopefully you will receive the same leniency.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, canadian said:

Mine was done online too, we printed a screenshot but in the end they didn't even care to see it. Also Chaengwattana but was a non-B visa. Just print what you can, better to have it and not need it..

I've never done a TM30 (as far as I know of). I've been out of the country three times this year, and I've been out of Bangkok countless times. Just last week I went to do my yearly extension at CW and they didn't mention anything about the TM30. And i certainly didn't ask. 

My friend went to do his extension (back in April, I think). He said the first thing they asked for was a TM30. He paid 800 baht and he queued for a few hours. He said there was a booth with many confused foreigners around it paying their TM30 fines. I had a quick look for it last week but couldn't see anything. Admittedly, it was a quick look. 

Went to CW last week and saw that the B desks were orderly (no more folks milling about in front of them), and the numbers seemed to be moving about as quickly as the A (90-report) numbers.  Maybe fewer people surprised by the need for TM-30s or maybe more people doing them online, but the process didn't appear as chaotic as it did a few months ago.

• Like 1

OP, I can answer the last part of your post. I attended CW October 8 for annual extension based on retirement. I fly in/out los every 2 weeks along with many trips within los. I did ONE tm30 upon my last reentry to Thailand. Few days before Oct 8. After reentry from Saigon Oct 5.

Also to add....the io did not even ask about tm30. She processed everything.... Bank statements, letters etc then when got to my last doc, tm30.... Pushed it back and said "you keep"

• Like 2

CW stated, when they set up my TM30 reporting using the Section38 online app, that they only require us to notify them via TM30 when we exit and reenter Thailand. They do not require notification when we visit anywhere in Thailand and return home. They also stated that we should print out our TM30 from our online acceptance and keep a copy in our passports, along with our 90 day reports.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Estrada said:

CW stated, when they set up my TM30 reporting using the Section38 online app, that they only require us to notify them via TM30 when we exit and reenter Thailand. They do not require notification when we visit anywhere in Thailand and return home.

Is there any link to this regulation? Doesn't make sense to me as if you went to another hotel in Thailand you'd have a new TM30 done by the hotel. I agree with the o/p and follow those three points. So far I am just doing a TM30 once I renter Thailand or if I have been reported by a hotel somewhere else.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I can answer the last part of your post. I attended CW October 8 for annual extension based on retirement. I fly in/out los every 2 weeks along with many trips within los. I did ONE tm30 upon my last reentry to Thailand. Few days before Oct 8. After reentry from Saigon Oct 5.

Also to add....the io did not even ask about tm30. She processed everything.... Bank statements, letters etc then when got to my last doc, tm30.... Pushed it back and said "you keep"

Interesting. I did my 1 year extension at CW on October 7th. My TM30 was done Oct 2nd after returning from the US. I submitted the TM30 with all my other documents. She saw it and kept it without comment. 

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks - I’ve went to a few of the meetings where the head immigration honchos were there.

Someone asked if he could get access to his TM30 records. Were they going to keep a record of all TM30s especially for frequent travellers - what happens is somewhere along the line that a hotel/landlord etc forgets to do it, an i in trouble?

The answer from them was - we just want to see your latest one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Is there any link to this regulation? Doesn't make sense to me as if you went to another hotel in Thailand you'd have a new TM30 done by the hotel. I agree with the o/p and follow those three points. So far I am just doing a TM30 once I renter Thailand or if I have been reported by a hotel somewhere else.

You would only need do that if you had need to attend immigration for extension or RC etc. 

Not required for 90 day report. 

So as I posted I did ONE tm30 after I reentered los just prior to my annual extension.

By the rules of exit/reenter I should have done 20+

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You would only need do that if you had need to attend immigration for extension or RC etc. 

Not required for 90 day report. 

So as I posted I did ONE tm30 after I reentered los just prior to my annual extension.

By the rules of exit/reenter I should have done 20+

I largely agree with DrJack54.

Some additional comments:

- The only office that will EVER bother to check TM30 compliance is your provincial IO.

- When your TM30 is checked at a Provincial IO, they are only interested if a CURRENT one is on file.  So if you travel extensively in and out Thailand, it saves time/effort to not bother at all and only make sure that a current one has been filed when you visit your provincial IO.

- More specifically, TM30 compliance is ONLY checked by the Provincial IO when you require a service where your address is needed (e.g. an extension of stay or a residence certificate).

TM30 compliance normally will NOT be checked when you do 90-day reporting in person at the provincial IO.  Since you can do 90-day reporting on-line and TM30 is not required there, it would be odd that they would require it when you do it in person.  Note: This being said, when I did my very first 90-day reporting at SiSaKet IO to my surprise TM30 was asked, but I could show a print-out of my on-line TM30 report.  Most probably they asked it because it was my very first contact with the IO (a very pleasant encounter by the way), and they didn't see it in their database because I filed it only that same morning.

- Doing TM30 on-line is very very easy.  Registration and filing the 1st one is also not difficult with the right instructions/guidance.  TVF members are a helpful lot in case you need help with that.

- Indeed, not all provincial IOs check whether you comply with TM30.  However, the fact that there are many reports of TVF members that state they were not asked for TM30 when visiting their provincial IO, does NOT prove that it has not been checked.  When a TM30 has been filed e.g. because you stayed in a Hotel before visiting the provincial IO, or you did it yourself on-line, they will not bother asking you because they can see it in the IO TM30 computer database.