How Immigration and the Dept of consular affairs will check your O-A Health Insurance

This is news I think. 

So you know for a fact Jomtien is now requiring (Thai) health insurance for annual retirement extensions when the original visa was O-A? Really? How do you know that?

If so, so those with original visa O are not having that issue?

I don't think canceling the insurance to "save" money would ever really work or even be possible.  All the tgia policies I saw required the user to pay the annual premium up front.  There is no rebate or pro-rating if later one decides they do not want the insurance or want to cancel the insurance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I don't think canceling the insurance to "save" money would ever really work or even be possible.  All the tgia policies I saw required the user to pay the annual premium up front.  There is no rebate or pro-rating if later one decides they do not want the insurance or want to cancel the insurance.

People once again, posted their fantasy work around's all over the Internet. They have put stop to their ideas.

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I know the same way as I have been telling you since the published police order that it was going to apply to any O-A extension, no matter when the original O-A was issued. It's there in the police order. Some just refused to accept it and put there own interpretation on it.
No, it doesn't apply to Non O visas or extensions pertained from a Non O visa. It only apply's to 0-A visas or extensions of, past, present and future.
Right on key, we have another denial here. Post 112

Hmm.

You DID NOT answer my question!

Come on now. THIS IS SERIOUS.

You claimed people doing retirement extensions with original O-A visa at Jomtien are NOW being denied for lack of health insurance.

I ask you to expand on how you know that is actually happening, and you don't answer.

That is very fishy. So either  be more specific about your actual direct knowledge of these denials or admit you are writing fiction. 

• Like 2

Crazy how much of an effect / how many can fall through the cracks for example on the OX. 

Out of the country.. doesnt matter.. you have to keep the policy anyway, even if not here, just to stay valid for your visa.. AKA the mafia 'fck you, pay me' LOL

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If you don't believe me, either go there and ask or call them. I've no reason to tell you otherwise. It isn't only happening in Jomtien.
Sorry, if you think I am being elusive but I really cannot divulge any further.

Again you refuse to answer my direct question. 

Because of that I advise readers to await reports that are backed up better than your unsubstantiated insinuations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

So you will refute once again what I post and not make your own enquiry? You can at least now begin to understand why people that do have good information mostly cannot be bothered to post.
No matter, it changes nothing.
Good night

No.

The date has passed. 

We've heard the THEORIES before.

Now we await actual reports.

It seems to me that you insinuated that you had ACTUAL REPORTS of actual expat experiences at Jomtien.

But when directly pressed to CONFIRM that insinuation, you dance and dodge.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong about your THEORIES.

But please don't post as if you have actual experience reports when by now it appears quite clear that you don't.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

So you will refute once again what I post and not make your own enquiry? You can at least now begin to understand why people that do have good information mostly cannot be bothered to post.
No matter, it changes nothing.
Good night

As others also think, you are trying to upset people with your posts and be a big man. Correct information, backed up by personal proof is great, but not unsubstantiated innuendo. 

You can not divulge anymore, so mysterious!

As others. I will wait for proper reports of actual renewals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The police order clearly states in black and white at point 6 that Thai insurance is required for extensions of a non O-A.

I have not noticed any paragraph regarding grandfathering.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If you don't believe me, either go there and ask or call them. I've no reason to tell you otherwise. It isn't only happening in Jomtien.
Sorry, if you think I am being elusive but I really cannot divulge any further.

If you can only come up with a slimy answer like this then dont post at all...

• Haha 1