Tenants from Hell! Thai woman posts warning about US man and his Thai girlfriend

rooster59

Tenants from Hell! Thai woman posts warning about US man and his Thai girlfriend

mess1.JPG

A landlady went on Facebook with pictures and a video to complain about a foreigner and his Thai girlfriend who rented her condo in Bangkok. 

There was trash everywhere and the loo was filthy. And the couple had disappeared leaving an electricity bill for 4,000 baht. 

She said the man was a US passport holder and she named him along with the nickname of his Thai girlfriend. She was concerned that someone else would rent to them. 

mess2.JPG

Thai media said that the couple had rented for five months. 

The post was on the Facebook page of Kulisara Udorn who mentioned Grene Condo in Suthisarn. 

She said she went to the police. They filed a report but would not take action saying that this was a matter for the civil courts to deal with. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-02

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, madmen said:

And this is exactly why 2 months rental is the norm. Ive had a similar experience so any farang demanding less than 2 months i tell them to keep walking

exactly,  and if you respect the owners property you will most certainly get your deposit back. 

Problem being if the tenant tries to avoid paying the last month or two and tells you to keep the deposit. 

She said the man was a US passport holder and she named him along with the nickname of his Thai girlfriend. She was concerned that someone else would rent to them. 

The US renter should file a defamation lawsuit against the landlady. I realize the landlady is upset, but the cleanup work has surely been paid for with a security deposit. If not the case, then som na na.

5 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

The US renter should file a defamation lawsuit against the landlady. I realize the landlady is upset, but the cleanup work has surely been paid for with a security deposit. If not the case, then som na na.

Bet she didn’t,t do the TM 30 when they arrived!

18 minutes ago, madmen said:

And this is exactly why 2 months rental is the norm. Ive had a similar experience so any farang demanding less than 2 months i tell them to keep walking

2 months plus 1 security = 45k roughly, big clean up bill!

Something not quiet right with this story to me that just looks like the emptied the bin bags all over the floor, maybe she was refusing to give back the security deposit Id like to hear the other side of the the story

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Something not quiet right with this story to me that just looks like the emptied the bin bags all over the floor, maybe she was refusing to give back the security deposit Id like to hear the other side of the the story

There's always two sides to a story,unfortunately most cases we only here one side.

Nothing here looks seriously damaged. At worst a 500 baht cleaning bill. Who knows what happened. Maybe they just really didn't mind the trash everywhere, or perhaps she entered the condo right after they had accidentally misplaced something away and had emptied everything in the place looking for it. I remember doing something similar when my wife accidentally threw away my passport while cleaning.  I was mighty angry and just started dumping trash everywhere.

It could be the 2 were slobs, but that is still not a reason to go public. This kind of mess can easily be cleaned in an afternoon. All the mess is on the floor. I don't see any damaged furniture.

34 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

So if you are happy to live in s--t then evrybody should be the same??????.

Does your working television sit on top or next to your non-working television???

Probably not accurate. I can believe they might not have paid their electric bill which might have caused the lady to dump a few trash containers on the floor and make the accusation. It says the loo was filthy but we see no photos. Could it be a little hair in the sink? 

It says the guy was a US passport holder. Isn't it normal for landlords to get a copy of the first page for ID purposes? If so she could easily track him down. 

On the good side it looks like there are a couple of surgical gloves on the floor in the first photo so she won't get her hands dirty cleaning the place up. ????

43 minutes ago, madmen said:

Except the article specify they rented for 5 months. 

And to the condo owners....this is why I'm ok with not living in your condo and paying two months down, two months security for something like 80k. Moved into a cozy apartment I think it was less than 10k move in Inc first month. 650m from MRT. Many middle class business people stay here during week rather than commuting home.

Our place is quite tidy.

Owning to let a condo is imo pretty dumb idea here, especially as foreigner. Keeping a place back home and letting it out even worse idea.

After the real estate bubble bursts you'll have more to worry about than dirty floors. Prices will drop and renters will double and triple up.

48 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Why ? A filthy pig is a filthy pig in any country. If you were on the receiving end would you like it ?

23 minutes ago, daoyai said:

It looks kind of staged, just some dry trash spread on the floor, notice the cabinet doors and walls look clean.... an hour os sweeping would clean this place... I smell a fraud.

that's what I thought when I seen the pics …. there's a sweep dustpan already there, a disposable coffee cup rolling around, it just doesn't look like the pigs there were real pigs.  imo

Yup, definitely staged, all the trash is relatively clean and easy to sweep up.

Where is the Pepsi or Coffee stains or the half eaten noodles or som tam ??

Either the tenants tried to stage some protest ( without actually doing any damage ) or the landlady has a beef with the tenants and created this “ show “ ( again without damaging her own property ) .

Who knows ??, but more to this story than she is telling.

2 hours ago, madmen said:

It's a lottery. I have no security deposit with my landlord. However, he and his agent know I take care of his property.

IMO once a tenant has established they are going to look after a property as if it was their own, after 1 or 2 years tenancy the landlord should start cutting them some slack.

I'm a bit suspicious of the photo, it has a staged feel. Although a 4000 baht electricity bill is definitely cause for complaint.

2 hours ago, Gumballl said:

What?! Beside the fact that I have no idea how people can live in this dirt, what will not come at the last day, I think you have no idea where a security deposit is for. 

No mention at all in the OP article of if the landlady had a first/last/security deposit she was holding from the tenants. I'd imagine it would be pretty rare for a Thai landlord here to NOT hold at least a month security deposit, if not two.

In that case, presumably, she had plenty of money from the tenants to clean up the mess they left. But as others have mentioned, there's a reasonable question of WHY they left the condo in the condition like that... As usual here, only one side of a story.

Archived