How much costs with house property via company?

parafareno

The usual annual expense is the annual Balance Sheet and to file tax returns. I pay a fee to a lawyer of 15,000 baht plus about 2000 baht tax charge. I have heard 10,000 fees for other lawyers. This is not the actual buying costs, but annual company papers. 

You also need to factor in the possibility that at some stage Pattaya City Hall might ask you for 10 years of back-taxes. Don't ask me how they calculate the tax payable, I can see no sense to the calculation.

And if you're buying in a gated community there will be annual maintenance fees to pay. These can be anything from a few hundred Baht a month up to five or six thousand.

Make sure your lawyer does due diligence on both matters before handing over any money.

Land and Property tax only applies if the house is not your primary residence. 

More of a concern for me would be buying at the right, very best low price, so there is hope to resell one day, if I wished to. Thousands of homes for sale and deteriorating or costing maintenance. MS>

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

Land and Property tax only applies if the house is not your primary residence. 

Not according to the other Tax thread running.........

Owner-occupied residences are exempt from building and land tax (only for the first property, the second or more properties are not automatically exempt). Not regarded as owner occupied is a situation where a foreigner owns a property through a Thai juristic entity (Thai limited company) and uses the house as his holiday home or residence. If the land and buildings or any other improvements are owned by a company and used for residence by the foreign director the company is required to pay building and land tax, irrespective if the company receives any income (rent) out of it .

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/property-tax-land-and-building-tax

since the OP was asking about running costs i/m guessing the Ltd company situation would apply to him

10 hours ago, parafareno said:

are there still many burglaries in pattaya in houses?

7 years ago it was really bad....

It depends where you live and how good your house security is. No different from back in the UK really, there are always opportunists looking for a chance to enter your house and knick something valuable if you make it easy for them.

The cost Depend of your accountant and your auditor, and what activities the company has.

Count around 15k baht for the auditor's annual report and tax statement.

Count around 6k baht to 12k baht for accountant – i.e. 500 baht to 1000 baht a month – if no other activities in the company, but owing a property.

Expect to probably pay a few thousand baht extra for little tax and semi-annual tax-report.

It is however very advisable to have other activities in the company limited than just ownership of one property leased out to a major shareholder.

Archived