Get Extension Of Non-imm B Or A Tourist Visa?

I'm a U.S. citizen with a one-year non-immigrant B visa with multiple entry. I first entered Thailand on this visa on 9 April 06, and my latest 90-day stamp expires soon (before 9 April). I had planned to return to the U.S. to get a new one-year non-imm B but have had to delay my trip.

Can I get an extension of this non-imm B visa at Suan Phlu (i.e., without leaving the country) -- ideally a 90-day extension, but if not maybe 30 days? If not, can I change to a tourist visa at Suan Phlu? Or should I (and can I) just travel to the Cambodian border, exit, and return and get a tourist visa-on-arrival stamp?

I've been searching websites of Immigration, Thai embassies, and Sunbelt but can't get a clear answer. Any advice would be appreciated.

with a one-year non-immigrant B visa with multiple entry...my latest 90-day stamp expires soon (before 9 April)...Can I get an extension of this non-imm B visa at Suan Phlu (i.e., without leaving the country) -- ideally a 90-day extension, but if not maybe 30 days?

The most you can probably expect is a 7-day extension if you show a confirmed flight reservation out of Thailand during that period.

You don’t mention the expiration date of your visa, ie the date stamped on your visa after the text “This visa must be utilised before...”. If that date has not yet passed, you can do one more border run and get 90 days permission to stay upon your entry into Thailand. It is this visa expiration date that matters in this context, not the expiration of your last entry stamp.

...can I change to a tourist visa at Suan Phlu? ...

No.

...should I (and can I) just travel to the Cambodian border, exit, and return and get a tourist visa-on-arrival stamp?

No, as a US citizen you cannot get a visa on arrival. But you can do a border run and you will get a visa-exempt 30-day permission to stay.

--

Maestro