Taco Bell inaugurates fourth Thai outlet at Samyan Mitrtown

snoop1130

Taco Bell inaugurates fourth Thai outlet at Samyan Mitrtown

By THE NATION

800_0b650881a9db7b1.jpg

Taco Bell, the Mexican restaurant chain, today (November 5) opened its latest outlet in Thailand at Samyan Mitrtown.

Chalermchai Mahagitsiri, president and chief executive of Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited (TTA), who is also a director of Siam Taco Co Ltd, says Taco Bell always wants to be where the customers are. 

The fourth Taco Bell outlet is expected to become one of the favorites among visitors to the complex as well as university students and office workers in the Samyan area, he added.

The restaurant is located on the ground floor, opening daily from 10 AM to 10 PM.

Taco Bell Corp, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands Inc, is a world-famous Mexican-inspired restaurant chain. There are currently 500 Taco Bell restaurants in nearly 30 countries outside the United States, in addition to over 7,000 restaurants across the US, amid continuous expansion in international markets.

Siam Taco Co Ltd is a joint venture company between TTA and CM Capital (owned by the Mahagitsiri family) to operate Taco Bell restaurants in Thailand.

TTA has grown from its beginning in 1904 as a shipping service company to a global strategic investment holding company with presence throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa.

Listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, TTA is a diversified investment holding group with primary interest in shipping, offshore service, agrochemical and investment which includes food retail.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30378090

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-05

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I like Mexican food but not this guff. My first, and last time, I tried Taco Bell and it just tasted of sodium. I felt miserable after eating it. 

It tastes salty with a very strong old tomato powder flavour. And half the staff run away when they saw me coming, won't go back...

There are endless fast food companies in the US and around the world. Do they have to hookup with a chosen family group to get into Thailand? I just wonder if there is some sort of cartel that controls what comes into Thailand and who gets control of it. Besides the rich families that partner, also I wonder if these companies pay tributes to the top of the pyramid here in order to get in.

Archived