Charlize Theron: Gender-neutral awards categories should be introduced 'soon'

snoop1130

Charlize Theron: Gender-neutral awards categories should be introduced 'soon'

2371911040907583907_4825992.jpg

Theron's child is being raised as a girl after she first introduced her to the world as a boy

Actress Charlize Theron has said she hopes it won't be long before awards shows have gender-neutral categories.

The Oscar-winner was speaking ahead of Sunday's Hollywood Film Awards, and said "let's hope soon" when asked when such awards should be introduced.

The idea has already been implemented by MTV, which scrapped the best actor and actress categories at its Movie & TV awards, opting for an overall best actor prize in 2017.

Earlier this year, British singer Sam Smith told fans they now identify as non-binary and uses the pronoun they/them, leading more people to call for changes to traditional awards categories.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/charlize-theron-gender-neutral-awards-categories-should-be-introduced-soon-11853813

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Earlier this year, British singer Sam Smith told fans they now identify as non-binary and uses the pronoun they/them, leading more people to call for changes to traditional awards categories.

Gender neutrality? Sooo yesterday already.

I am going all out and declaring my species neutrality. I now wish to be addressed as it/that.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Actress Charlize Theron has said she hopes it won't be long before awards shows have gender-neutral categories.

Probably about the same time as she no longer gets called an actress in the media ... or the same time as when her child, sorry, the child of non gender specific they/them Charlize Theron, starts getting treatment from their shrink for being totally confused about their enforced sexual identity.

what a nutter ......

19 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Species neutrality, what a great idea.

Can I be called Rover?

No. British car names are not allowed or before you know it, we'll have a whole lot of Austin Allegros, Vauxhall Vivas and Humber Super Snipes on here bickering about mpg, cheap tires and the local driver's total lack of spatial awareness.

50 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

How did Mr. Minor manage to get away with his 'brand neutrality' then?

SEV522%20(214).jpg

Good find there sir!

47 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

I could not be an Allegro though because if I were then I would insist on being called a Mark 3 version and the word 'Mark' is not fluid enough to suit everyone's needs.

In other words, it sounds too butch.

That and your cv joints would be rubbish.

13 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

You'll probably find the Thai inlaws have been doing that for years already ????

Good point indeed. Maybe the Thai's are on the cutting edge here with this species-neutral 'farang' and they're not being rude or derogatory at all.

That will upset a fair few on here though. Almost heresy, no?

• Haha 1

I finally found out how to upload photos . A very appropriate comment, a “man” giving birth even though legally male is ridiculous, maybe we need to apply common sense a little more.A1096823-1B62-4A8A-8030-7505CA3DB7CC.thumb.jpeg.fd797f52e8bda8db7ae097a31016df7f.jpeg

Edited by PJPom
Adding
  • Like 2