Change Of Name

My wife has changed her name on her ID card but the passport is still in her original name. This has the settlement visa stamp in it.

The visa starts on the 5th May.

Where should we get the passport changed. I don't want to do it before she arrives as I am worried that, if the passport is lost, we may have problems getting the British Embassy to stamp the new passport.

Confused? I am

Si

You need to contact the embassy as the name on the visa must match the name in the passport.

If she changes the name in her passport in Thailand, she has to go to the passport office in BKK. They will use the same passport and just put a stamp on the 1st page called the amendments page, it should only take an hour, but she will need to take every ID she can get, ID card, household book, marriage cert and even your passport to proove you are her husband and she will use your last name.

When you do it is up to you, but you need to contact the embassy that issued the visa and let them know your intentions and they will advise you on what to do. Maybe they will just re-print the visa, but if the visa is a stamp and doesnt have her name on it, I dont think it will matter.

go to passport office at Bang Na, they will put a 1 page stamp in your wifes passport saying she now goes by whatever name or used to go by that name. Thats what they did in my wifes passport after we got married, they would not give her a new passport as still had 2 years to run on it. Anyway she got a new one a year ago, with new name no problems.

BB