‘We’ve got snow!’ Switzerland reminds Thais

snoop1130

‘We’ve got snow!’ Switzerland reminds Thais

By THE NATION

800_68cb7d91f368683.jpg

Switzerland Tourism, citing a significant increase in the number of Thai visitors, is keen for more and is plugging the winter season and snow activities in particular.

It announced this week it will collaborate with the Ski and Snowboard Association of Thailand to promote both tourism and sports and make Switzerland the top choice of Thai travellers within three years.

Switzerland Tourism executive vice president André Hefti said the country had seen had seen seven years of continuous and steady growth in the number of Thai guests.

Thais spent almost 250,000 overnights in Switzerland last year, up from 100,000 in 2012, particularly enjoying the travel by train, bus and boat. Sales of Swiss Travel Passes increased by almost 400 per cent. 

The highlight of Swiss public transport, and one that can be experienced year-round, is the Grand Train Tour. Covering 1,280 kilometres, it combines the most beautiful panoramic lines into one unique route, and passengers can board at any given point. There is no prescribed direction or duration. 

A 2019 APAC Snow Brand survey in March among 2,200 people from 11 Asian countries including Thailand defined “snow holidays” as a trip of at least two nights to a snow-mountain destination with skiing or snowboarding and other activities.

Japan is the top winter destination for Asian travellers, with 65 per cent of respondents having had a snow holiday there in the last three years, followed by South Korea (34 per cent) and Switzerland (24 per cent).

The good news for Switzerland was that 93 per cent of Thai travellers are looking to plan a European snow holiday in the next three years, and Switzerland is their top choice.

The young generation of Thai snow-sports enthusiasts is going to the upcoming Youth Winter Olympics in Lausanne. They had a chance in spring to visit Switzerland and try out the slopes and get familiar with the city, which has such warm-hearted connections with the people of Thailand through the royal family.

Hefti invited prospective visitors to check out www.MySwitzerland.com to see videos about tailor-made itineraries and the legendary Swiss quality and hospitality.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30378148

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-07

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Unfortunately Switzerland is so extremely expensive that I cannot imagine to spend holidays there. There are many other nice places on this world which are also nice and much more affordable.

Obviously you're not Thai, it is extremely affordable for the hiso Thai nowadays. Why do you think they are keeping the baht at such overvalued rates. 

4 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

Obviously you're not Thai, it is extremely affordable for the hiso Thai nowadays. Why do you think they are keeping the baht at such overvalued rates. 

I am not a Thai and I am not a Hiso. Most of us are not Hisos.

I don't think that Switzerland could only live from Hisos.

Btw...the Swiss Franc is also overvalued. The reason is the financial chaos in the world. It is very likely that we will see an economic crash soon. This crash will be worse than all what we have seen before.

Canada has snow, but also it takes at least 20 hours to fly from Thailand to

Canada, for at least 1000 US dollars, then staying is not cheap, eating is not cheap

unless you live at McDonalds. Getting anywhere in the country is expensive,

the Canadian dollar is cheaper than the US dollar however.  Plus even today it is near 0C

and lots of snow in the Rocky mountains., 

Geezer

• Like 1

I believe at this very moment there's a Thai soap opera on television every night that is partially filmed in either Austria or Switzerland (can read some German signs in villages and such). The country itself is portrayed in this Thai soap as some fictional Thai-speaking country with some Thai leadership. I can understand why such a developed country can be inspiring for the Thai public. I think miss Davika Hoorne is one of the leads.

• Like 1