Report to Immigration with proof of the 800K after 3 months.

giddyup

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

You will still have to show bank book after 90 days AFAIK.

where is that shown as its only 400,000 and can immediately withdraw the money after the extension is stamped in the passport

1 minute ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'm thinking...reporting every 45 days sometime in 2020...1 million baht in a Thai bank...and worthless Thai healthcare insurance valued at 1 mil inpatient...500k outpatient...

You heard it here first...be a good boy scout now...

We can all make wild guesses.

6 minutes ago, steve187 said:

where is that shown as its only 400,000 and can immediately withdraw the money after the extension is stamped in the passport

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, however I believe the 800 K put into the bank two months prior to the extension being granted, has to be left there for three months after it is granted, before 400 K can be drawn down.

17 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, however I believe the 800 K put into the bank two months prior to the extension being granted, has to be left there for three months after it is granted, before 400 K can be drawn down.

i was replying to a post about 'married, yearly extension

19 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i was replying to a post about 'married, yearly extension

OK, sorry, my misunderstanding!! 

PS. Just to increase my knowledge on such matters, on a married extension, can the 400 k be accessed right after the extension has been granted?

A report after the date stamped on the piece of paper given at extension renewal time wasn't an issue for my friend. He was overseas on a holiday at the due date and reported when he got back which I think was a couple of months later, not a problem. When I did mine on time it was totally routine, a quick look at the balance, " see you next year " was the smiling response from the young lady. I was in and out in a couple of minutes as there was no-one even queued at the retirement desk.

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

From memory I think I did a copy of my book, front passport and latest visa page and the original paper with date they gave me. Maybe others will also confirm.

Correct.........:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

I asked and they insisted I need to go in person, and yes its just to see the passbook which again you have to update on the same day day. It's the 320K round trip that gets me. I am not in Pattaya so here we go again with different offices requirements.

If you are not living there in January, make sure you also file a TM30 when you do go to Jomtien Immigration for the 90-day bank account show and tell.

1 hour ago, banglay said:

Do you have to photo copy your updated bank book proof of money page ?  or do they just check the original bankbook ( No copy needed) ?? I'd hate to waste 10 baht on a copy I do not need lol

Just been 20 minutes ago, need copy of updated bank book page. Just a cursory look by immigration officer before adding mine to an existing pile.

45 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just been 20 minutes ago, need copy of updated bank book page. Just a cursory look by immigration officer before adding mine to an existing pile.

and that same pile will be put in a box never to be looked at again. ????

OR, if it has a blank side, it will be given out to other applicants to print their <deleted> on. ????

Either way, it's all show like everything here. ????

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

OR, if it has a blank side, it will be given out to other applicants to print their <deleted> on. ????

But it's the old story, not worth the hassle to not comply and make life even more difficult for yourself.

10 minutes ago, thequietman said:

This is true.

Most offices maintain these "records" for 5 years, then they are destroyed.

Archived