Noisy Cocks

vickersvc10

Just behind my estate (the Diana on Soi Bukhao) there is an area occupied by what look like squatters huts. In addition to people living there it houses quite a large number of very noisy cockerels. They really disturb the peace, and often start their dreadful racket before sunrise.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on what can be done about this? The Diana management have complained to the police, to no avail. Also, isn't there the danger that they might be carrying bird flu? Maybe there is a readily-available poison I could chuck into the area? HELP!

Just behind my estate (the Diana on Soi Bukhao) there is an area occupied by what look like squatters huts. In addition to people living there it houses quite a large number of very noisy cockerels. They really disturb the peace, and often start their dreadful racket before sunrise.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on what can be done about this? The Diana management have complained to the police, to no avail. Also, isn't there the danger that they might be carrying bird flu? Maybe there is a readily-available poison I could chuck into the area? HELP!

Cocks can be trouble in the morn.

what can be done about it?

lets see...

* close your windows

* wear earplugs

* get used to it [trust me, after a few weeks you won't even notice them]

* move [and then move again when a karaoke bar moves in downstairs, and then move again when...]

* go back to the sanuk free zone you came from?

I really wouldn't poisen them. Behind our condo is a sort of squatters village with many cocks. I was told by the man who has the little shop next door that some are hugely valuable fighting cocks. While I loathe the idea of the fighting aspect :o , they are worth many many baht. If you killed the Muhammed Ali of the cockerel world, your life would'nt be worth much.....................................

I can only dream of noisey cocks waking me at sunrise....

im always awake long before then because of the neighbours noisey dogs barking all night! :o

As the others have said, you'll just have to live with it and thank your lucky stars it isn't that karaoke bar instead. :D

As for poison, forget it! Any anononimity (dang, really will have to sort out that spell check) was blown once you went to the estate management and if the cocks start mysteriously drooping :o the trail back to you is laid.

Go to the squatters, buy the birds, chop off their heads and ask the squatters to cook them up for you !

Or return the favour by buying/acquiring some very noisy dogs, and early in the morning get them to start barking their heads off when ever the roosters start squawking. If any of the dogs mysteriously disappears or takes ill, make sure some of the roosters do the same.

Or just bear with it, after awhile you'll get used to them.

Trust me, I have a very active airport across the street from my tent. Helicopters, transport aircraft and fighter jets landing and taking off all day and night, less than 200 meters away.

It gets to the point where you hear them, but your mind recognizes the noise and ignores it. I sleep pretty good at night, yet at 04:50 when my coffee maker starts perking, it is enough to wake me up !

Once again some people forget where they are. You'll just have to get used to it or move, Your options are VERY limited. I do agree though, that some of the roosters have NO idea what time it is. :o

I'm in the same 'hotel' cocks in the morning are the least of your problems,its the bugs at night which are more of a pest, big buggers too, but as they say TIT, and as I have hens at home, the cocks dont bother me, maybe favourite if they are that bad is get another hotel

I'd like to see where these cock fights actually take place, and just have the winner served up :o

I know where you mean: Behind 'De Luks' Apartments on Soi Xzyte next to Diana Estate.

The good news is that this shanty village (the land really) is on the cards to be bought-up by developers. (See how badly it floods after rain!).

Until then, there is no solution to noisy cocks, believe it or not you will get used to it, but it takes a while. Your brain will just adjust.

For those of you who advised he'll "get used to" the cocks crowing, you must sleep much more soundly than I, or have more tolerance (toleration?)

My first apartment in Bangkok, was on Sukhumvit Soi 26. EVERY morning, waaay before 6am, the charming roosters across the street would start their racket. No way I could sleep through it unless I closed the windows, turned on the air con, and played music on the stereo. The apartment was nice and cool, had big trees around it and I loved sleeping with the windows open, except for those stinking roosters!

Living downtown in a major metropolis of what, 6 million people, and I can't sleep because of roosters crowing! It's almost laughable now, but not at the time...

Just behind my squatters shack is an estate that is occupied by what looks like a large number of rich farangs.They really disturb the peace, and often start their dreadful whining shortly after moving in.

I can not understand why some of the farangs are so unhappy.They stay in a nice room with a bed and pillows.They have air conditioning, TV, WC, a pool,and food when ever they are hungry.

I have no money, no education,and no where to go.I want to work but have no opportunity.My family sleeps in the dirt.The dirt turns to mud when it rains.I worry about snakes,rats,and mosquitos biting my children at night.I did not choose this life I was born into it.

We are happy to have some roosters as they help me make money so I can at feed my family.I am sorry that my roosters make such a big problem for some of the farangs.Please don't poison my roosters vickersvc10,How will I take care of my family?

...try trading places with the squatters for a day...................