Non-O Single Entry visa

Hey everyone,

I currently live in Thailand and stay here with a Non-B visa. Next month, in December, I'm going back to Europe for the holidays and in January I'd like to return to Thailand with a Non-O visa, based on being married to a Thai.

I contacted the embassy in my homecountry and they said for a single entry Non-O visa they require a return ticket, if I have a one-way ticket I need to be able to show my yellow tabien baan housebook or "government proof of address".

Last month my wife and me got married but we didn't get around to apply for the Tabien Baan yet. Is there another document that I can use as proof? Would the 90 day address report paper be valid? 

Is it just easier/faster to apply for the yellow Tabien Baan? We have about a month of time before we leave. I live with my wife but we don't have a rental/lease agreement because the house is owned by her aunt if that changes anything.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn't find a relevant enough result.

All tips or advice are very welcome! Thanks!

• Confused 1

If you have a non-b and have been working and paying taxes in Thailand then your tax card shows your adddress or you could get a certificate of residence from the tax department. Do you have any water electric utility bills in your name which are mailed to your address?

Are you sure they are not asking for a copy your wife's blue tambien ban and/or her ID card. I have never heard of a embassy or conulate asking for your yellow tambien ban.

I am sure a a one way onward ticket to a nearby country would be accepted instead of a return ticket.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, userabcd said:

If you have a non-b and have been working and paying taxes in Thailand then your tax card shows your adddress or you could get a certificate of residence from the tax department. Do you have any water electric utility bills in your name which are mailed to your address?

The tax card/certificate from the tax department is a good idea, thanks. Water, electric and other utilities are in my wife's name. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure they are not asking for a copy your wife's blue tambien ban and/or her ID card. I have never heard of a embassy or conulate asking for your yellow tambien ban.

I am sure a a one way onward ticket to a nearby country would be accepted instead of a return ticket.

They specifically asked for a copy with translation to English of my yellow tambien ban to prove that I reside in Thailand. I'd prefer to stay in Thailand and just use a one-way ticket, if possible.

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

why not just go to savannakhet and obtain a multi entry non imm 'O' vusa, no financials required

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think with the ME visa you have to leave the country every 90 days? I'd prefer to just get a single entry and get my stay extended for a year every time. Since I'm flying back home anyway, I thought I might as well apply for the visa there.

1 hour ago, Cyclenshaven said:

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think with the ME visa you have to leave the country every 90 days? I'd prefer to just get a single entry and get my stay extended for a year every time. Since I'm flying back home anyway, I thought I might as well apply for the visa there.

during the last 30 days of any entry that the multi entry non imm visa gives, you can extended for 60 days or 1 year.