Thailand’s ECI for the third quarter is expected to decline further

Thailand’s ECI for the third quarter is expected to decline further

economy1.jpg

Thailand’s household economic condition index (ECI) for the third quarter of this year is likely to drop further due to an ongoing global economic slowdown, which has impacted the domestic economy and employment, according to the Kasikorn Thai research centre.

The report said that a survey of economic conditions in October showed signs of increased layoffs, compared to July.

It said that the ECI for the last quarter of this year remains fragile and susceptible to further decline, despite the Government’s efforts to implement stimulus packages.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-eci-for-the-third-quarter-is-expected-to-decline-further/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-11-10

9 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Strange they're not through their economic difficulties, with the ingenious shop spend eat stimulus...:whistling:

I always have a chuckle when I see a retailer's advertising say something like "Due to popular demand, we are extending the sale". Or, "Sale was so successful, we're extending the sale".

What they're really saying is "it flopped" so we will extend it further to get more bucks in.

So when I read about "Eat, Shop, Spend" being expanded or extended, well, you know, I get a chuckle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BestB said:

How can that be when all i heard for the past 12 years is that Thailand was not affected by American financial crises, EU Financial crisis. Chinese Financial slow down and all over sudden all Thai troubles are due to global economic slow down?

we were too young to know the full truth then.

• Like 1

Shhhhhhhh! Don't mention the big White Elephant in the room "The Thai Baht". 

I saw a very interesting talk/interview about China and its false financial situation and the telltail signs of an in implosion. Thailand was mentioned as the police the elite/corrupt and military generals getting their money out of China before it crashed. As they predicted China's government steamed the money flow and as they predicted Chinese buying up gold and gems started and we saw Thailands exports jump in those commodities as they predicted it would. Now thailand is looking rocky so all that hot money from China may well find another helpful country and 1970's crash will look like a blip.