Bad news from Hong Kong - no more visas without HK residence

Hi.

Labour dept send me to Hong Kong, for first non-b visa as director of thai company (me already director, DBD docs updated), because i can't sign docs for work permit without non-b visa...

But i  was rejected today, at least non-b visas for HK residents only now.
So, embassy will make TR visa for me and advice to change a type in Bangkok.

Interesting, this might be due to the latest events happening in HK

Yes most likely you will get your non-b in thailand. But dont forget about 20K baht when your coming back here with TR visa

PS: might be a good idea getting a letter explaining the situation in thai from the thai embassy. 

good luck

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SymS said:

I thought changing the type of visa inside Thailand was not possible. Have the rules changed?

Quite a few people enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry and then covert to a non Imm O as a first step in getting a long stay extension, not sure about other types.

in those cases they don't actually walk away with a valid,, useable non Imm O visa, but they do get an entry stamp that implies they entered on a non Imm O visa.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:31 PM, Suradit69 said:

Quite a few people enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry and then covert to a non Imm O as a first step in getting a long stay extension, not sure about other types.

in those cases they don't actually walk away with a valid,, useable non Imm O visa, but they do get an entry stamp that implies they entered on a non Imm O visa.

I might get corrected on this, but I understood that you cannot apply for another Visa when the Visa you are holding is still valid. 

That would imply that you need to enter Visa exempt before you can apply for a new Visa in Thailand.

22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I might get corrected on this, but I understood that you cannot apply for another Visa when the Visa you are holding is still valid. 

That would imply that you need to enter Visa exempt before you can apply for a new Visa in Thailand.

A change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa can be done with a entry from a tourist or transit visa entry. That cannot be done with any other type of visa.

If on a visa exempt a non immigrant visa would be applied for.

• Thanks 1