Look what happened when a gas tanker driver had a little snooze!

webfact

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Is this the USA?  There is no gasoline here (been there - asked for it - had to learn a new term - perhaps the writer should also). 

IS this The UK? There is no petrol here either. Perhaps he should have written narm manh tanker instead so as not upset our linguistic sensibilities!

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

IS this The UK? There is no petrol here either. Perhaps he should have written narm manh tanker instead so as not upset our linguistic sensibilities!

But benzene is understood here - gasoline is not.

6 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I wonder if this news- bulletin would have been as light- hearted, if the whole thing would have blown up and killed a bunch of people! 

....aaaaaaaaah...mai bpen rai....

Just like the LPG fire at Petchaburi road in 1990. 90 people perished.

http://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/horror-lives-on-after-deadliest-traffic-accident-in-thai-history

15 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Just like the LPG fire at Petchaburi road in 1990. 90 people perished.

http://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/horror-lives-on-after-deadliest-traffic-accident-in-thai-history

And has anything changed regarding testing of heavy vehicle drivers for competence, drugs, alcohol - nope, past history gone and forgotten. 

6 hours ago, 30la said:

What are you waiting for, when you think you are doing something against these irresponsible ANIMALS?
The only luck is that nothing more than material damage has happened!
I really don't want to imagine the situation after such a truck explodes!
All vehicles carrying dangerous substances must be prohibited from passing through residential areas!

This one is about the same size and actually melted part of the bridge above.

Lots of energy in the black gold.

67c1622f05944f1c010f6a706700dad4.jpg

12 hours ago, webfact said:
what happened when a gas tanker driver had a micro sleep. 

He drove his vehicle into three story premises in the Wiang sub-district of Chiang Saen

So when the authorities arrived, did they take him upstairs and tuck him in so he could get a good 8 hours before going on his way? 

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The article said 'gas tanker', not 'gaz tanker'. And 'gas' is a commonly used abbreviation for gasoline in the US. So nothing wrong with the article.

As I'm a french man, gas in french is written gaz; oki ? and ก๊าซ in thai language ( "kache"  , because the letter "g " doesn't exist in thai  ) 

Can you understand ? ..........and if possible avoid to be narrow-minded ;
which is not an US word;
in " US " you write " blinder " ...

What is " US " ? USA maybe ?

I thought we must write in english not in american language ....:jap:

19 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It's not a gaz tanker, it's a fuel or benzine one 

This is a gaz tanker 

P1020323_rd_22_truck_ISUZU.JPG.353ba2b060a1bbb4146281f732233df7.JPG

In some countries around the world 'gas' refers to gasoline.  (AKA Petrol in some countries).  Other countries qualify their products as propane, natural gas etc.

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

As I'm a french man, gas in french is written gaz; oki ? and ก๊าซ in thai language ( "kache"  , because the letter "g " doesn't exist in thai  ) 

Can you understand ? ..........and if possible avoid to be narrow-minded ;
which is not an US word;
in " US " you write " blinder " ...

What is " US " ? USA maybe ?

I thought we must write in english not in american language ....:jap:

I do not think that I am the one who is being the narrow minded one here. Having lived in a number of different countries, I am, cognisant of the fact the not all users of English, especially when it is their 2nd language will use or even be aware of correct Queen's English. (As we often choose to call it)

And I whilst I'm aware that we are we required to use English on the forum, there is no rule that says it must be perfect. (Thank goodness for that in many cases)

Therefor tolerance towards the linguistic shortcomings of such persons (just as I am being with you right now) would avoid a lot of unnecessary bickering amongst members of the forum.

Just as an aside, if you want plenty of examples of appallingly bad English, don't have to look any further than this forum. It's often a case of 'hark who's calling the kettle black'.

Have a nice day.

Archived