Pelosi says Trump has admitted to bribery as impeachment probe intensifies

webfact

5 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

This is an unfolding sequence of events and many of the assertions made are going to be fought over - and made more or less obvious. So this is really not about you are or I winning an argument against one another, its about whose assertion are going to prove correct or incorrect. You are going to argue with any fact I give you, so wait let's see how others argue those facts. So in that sense this all about the future. The future of a U.S. President and the future of the United States of America for that matter. it's not about the past. So time will tell who is right and who is wrong. 

Or you could say that trump should not stop people from testifying so that we all get to hear all the evidence then a decision made on all the facts.

or are you afraid of that.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it's in the inquiry phase but in this case there is very little doubt that it's headed rather quickly to articles of impeachment being drafted and likely passed by the house. 

Just as quickly to be dismissed in the senate. For added fun Mitch can string this out into the dem primary season. Watch some red state dems begin to squirm. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I look forward to you calling our assertions that the Senate will not convict.

I would love to make an avatar bet with you so I can own your soul on this one when you are proved absolutely wrong. Loser has to use avatar of winners choice for 5 years.

Just now, Cryingdick said:

Just as quickly to be dismissed in the senate. For added fun Mitch can string this out into the dem primary season. Watch some red state dems begin to squirm. 

And there i was seeing trump supporters saying the dems are dragging it out.

easy to fix, trump just has to say that all can testify, would be over in a flash.

Just now, Sujo said:

And there i was seeing trump supporters saying the dems are dragging it out.

easy to fix, trump just has to say that all can testify, would be over in a flash.

The dems are dragging it out. So why wouldn't the reps do the same thing when it is politically convenient for them to do so?

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I would love to make an avatar bet with you so I can own your soul on this one when you are proved absolutely wrong. Loser has to use avatar of winners choice for 5 years.

Would you like all evidence, both for and against, so you can make an informed decision. Or not?

46 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

That is an interesting comment considering that there is extremely strong desire by the Ukraine and aslo amongst Democrats and some Republicans in the USA that are neo-conservative and think like deceased John Mccain, or recently fired  National Security Advisor John Bolton, and a vast amount of US foreign policy bureaucrats in opposition to Trump, who would like to see Ukraine admitted into Nato.

That would mean that the United States would have a clear "Responsibility to Protect" in the event of further incursion by Russia into Ukraine. Russia would retaliate either in Ukraine or elsewhere in the world should the United States allow membership of Ukraine into NATO. As they see this as directly in their backyard and a threat to Russia. See how easy wars can start? And you think Trump is the bad guy. Funny.

So is that why he told Ukraine u will get ur money soon as u investigate Joe biden and his son for me ?

Just now, Sujo said:

Would you like all evidence, both for and against, so you can make an informed decision. Or not?

My idea was simple if the senate acquits I win if they don't the other guy wins. Other than that I really don't need you to do anything for me. I will extend the bet to you if you want it.

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Admitted what? They have a transcript of the call. There is absolutely nothing illegal that took place. His presidency has been nothing beyond normal conservative policy, with the exception of trying to NOT carry out a neo-con neo-liberal foreign policy of the Bush II- Obama years. This has the State department and intelligence service fuming. And sadly we now see that THEY think they run the show. They don't.

There is indeed a transcript of the call but neither you, I nor anyone outside of Trump’s Impeachment have seen it. The transcript has, for reasons yet to be explained, been hidden away in a high security Intelligence Service server.

The ‘summary of telephone call’ released by the WH is in the first instance a brief summary, secondly it was sanitized before release and thirdly it carries an explicit ‘Caution Note’ on the first page.

I urge you to read that caution, you’ll then realize the size of the hole in your argument.

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

Yes, your posts are positively saturated with the wisdom of age....:coffee1:

A President of the United States is elected. Bureaucrats and the party out of power do not like the incoming policy. The FBI and the CIA combine to actually try and remove him. An acting director of the FBI is on record along with acting DOJ as having discussions about using the 25th amendment. Then they deny they are serious. So here is my truth - nope never heard of that in my lifetime. call me a liar or call me stupid I don't care. I have on national TV ex-CIA director, and EX-FBI director being paid by news channels to constantly berate the current President. Never saw that in my lifetime- call me old and dumb its ok. A sitting Speaker of the House accuses the President of literally (and she puts in writing for our Armed Forces to see) of being a Russian stooge - a manchurian candidate, a guy working for Putin directly - compromised. The Speaker of the House did that. My God I thought, need to get to the bottom of that - that's dangerous, but it turns out to not be true. Never saw that in my life, never - maybe I have no wisdom and missed it. A whistleblower law - well that pertains to departments in the Federal Government so that Fraud waste or abuse can be reported. It does not apply to the President of the United States. I never saw that before - again what do I know? Maybe it happens all the time that political parties do this - NOPE sorry its new - then again maybe I am a silly old man who knows nothing. Calling for the makeup of the Supreme court to be changed to be stacked - to move the Justices to other parts of the USA to weaken the conservative lean of the current court, no one suggested this since the 1930s. Didnt go over well. Not enough votes? Hey lower the age to 16 - hey that's new. Weaken the strength of the ability of the United States to control its own border. Gosh they taught me in school that Nations with weak borders have a difficult time of it. No? Sorry, just me being an old stupid idiot, but truthfully, and gosh only trying to tell the truth - never heard of that in all my years either. Its all new. How about all DEM candidates suggesting they will send Federal agents to order Americans surrender their semi-auto rifles, sorry this is new to me - not new to you? OK you think its a good idea how many rifles are there how many confiscations? How much potential for dead law enforcement agents or citizens in the event of such a happening? How about if only 1% refused? yer okay with those numbers?  Wow its a new world. I am just a frightened old man.  Have at it. I have no wisdom to offer

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

My idea was simple if the senate acquits I win if they don't the other guy wins. Other than that I really don't need you to do anything for me. I will extend the bet to you if you want it.

I dont think the senate will convict. But that doesnt mean you win. If they do convict it doesnt mean i win.

It means the country loses either way as the evidence already shows trump guilty.

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A President of the United States is elected. Bureaucrats and the party out of power do not like the incoming policy. The FBI and the CIA combine to actually try and remove him. An acting director of the FBI is on record along with acting DOJ as having discussions about using the 25th amendment. Then they deny they are serious. So here is my truth - nope never heard of that in my lifetime. call me a liar or call me stupid I don't care. I have on national TV ex-CIA director, and EX-FBI director being paid by news channels to constantly berate the current President. Never saw that in my lifetime- call me old and dumb its ok. A sitting Speaker of the House accuses the President of literally (and she puts in writing for our Armed Forces to see) of being a Russian stooge - a manchurian candidate, a guy working for Putin directly - compromised. The Speaker of the House did that. My God I thought, need to get to the bottom of that - that's dangerous, but it turns out to not be true. Never saw that in my life, never - maybe I have no wisdom and missed it. A whistleblower law - well that pertains to departments in the Federal Government so that Fraud waste or abuse can be reported. It does not apply to the President of the United States. I never saw that before - again what do I know? Maybe it happens all the time that political parties do this - NOPE sorry its new - then again maybe I am a silly old man who knows nothing. Calling for the makeup of the Supreme court to be changed to be stacked - to move the Justices to other parts of the USA to weaken the conservative lean of the current court, no one suggested this since the 1930s. Didnt go over well. Not enough votes? Hey lower the age to 16 - hey that's new. Weaken the strength of the ability of the United States to control its own border. Gosh they taught me in school that Nations with weak borders have a difficult time of it. No? Sorry, just me being an old stupid idiot, but truthfully, and gosh only trying to tell the truth - never heard of that in all my years either. Its all new. How about all DEM candidates suggesting they will send Federal agents to order Americans surrender their semi-auto rifles, sorry this is new to me - not new to you? OK you think its a good idea how many rifles are there how many confiscations? How much potential for dead law enforcement agents or citizens in the event of such a happening? How about if only 1% refused? yer okay with those numbers?  Wow its a new world. I am just a frightened old man.  Have at it. I have no wisdom to offer

I think you hit the nail on the head with....liar, stupid, silly old man that knows nothing.

trump in a nutshell, and those that defend him by blaming biden.

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I dont think the senate will convict. But that doesnt mean you win. If they do convict it doesnt mean i win.

It means the country loses either way as the evidence already shows trump guilty.

Nobody wins here. The United States is being damaged. Seriously damaged. 

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I will try and break this down into a few sentences for those who cannot be interested in reading line upon line of garbage.......

If the house finds that trump should be impeached on the Ukraine or other "misdemeanours", irrespective of his other failings of theft, lying to the public and Congress and so on, then the recommendation for impeachment will go to the Senate.

Because the Senate has a Republican majority and these folk do not want to get offside with this scumbag, mainly because they want to keep their jobs and because they are looking after their own interests, irrespective of what is in the best interests of the country, they will not allow impeachment to proceed.

There you go, and this from someone who is not involved with American politics, but who holds in high esteem the values of; honesty, truth, integrity, doing what is right by people, looking after others' interests and following the laws of the land..........so you can see why I'm not a trump supporter!

There is a flaw in your logic.

There is an election next year, Republicans in the Senate have two tasks ahead of them; voting on Trump’s conviction and getting re-elected.

Their choice wrt the former will be very much in consideration of the latter.

If public support for Impeachment dictates they burn Trump, he’ll be ashes.

Which is precisely why Trump’s supporters want an early vote, they donor want the American public being given access to an explanation of Trump’s crimes.

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

Sure thank you for your comment.

No prob, appreciate that post. Your earlier posts had no basis in facts. At least the post i quoted of you had some reason to it, tho in paragraghs would be nice.

there is nothing wrong with an opinion if using facts. So no issue.

Just now, Sujo said:

No prob, appreciate that post. Your earlier posts had no basis in facts. At least the post i quoted of you had some reason to it, tho in paragraghs would be nice.

there is nothing wrong with an opinion if using facts. So no issue.

sure you must be right. Thank you. I have no facts. On the other hand, I will get back to you in a few weeks. Be here.

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

No subpoena was made. I wonder why. Mueller had nothing. Found nothing. He said so. He said NO CONSPIRACY. Is that not clear? He likewise did not say that he found Obstruction, and negative phrasings still do not find obstruction. such as I could not find lack of obstruction. It works like this, innocent until proven guilty in the USA. Two years, and Democrats praised the guy as God every day until he dropped his report.

Ask Roger Stone and Paul Manafort what they think of Mueller’s investigation.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There is a flaw in your logic.

There is an election next year, Republicans in the Senate have two tasks ahead of them; voting on Trump’s conviction and getting re-elected.

Their choice wrt the former will be very much in consideration of the latter.

If public support for Impeachment dictates they burn Trump, he’ll be ashes.

Which is precisely why Trump’s supporters want an early vote, they donor want the American public being given access to an explanation of Trump’s crimes.

With respect, there is no logic to that. The case would need to show that a High Crime or Misdemeanor actually took place. You are making an assumption that 25 Senators from the President's party would turn on him. That is a longshot. It would require a new development. a High Crime or misdemeanor, do you think they will find one? 

I cannot believe what i just heard.

i the first 5 mins Nunes says its a dem tv show, even though he requested it be in public, then talks about trade agreements, like thats relevant.

But then says dems colluded with the whistleblower. Geez lie much.

22 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

How so?

The principal that nobody is above the law is being enforced.

The Constitutional checks on the executive are being used to bring a criminal President who is acting against the US to heal.

This isn’t weakness, it’s isn’t  failure.

This is the best of America.

Nobody, not even the President, is above the law.

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I cannot believe what i just heard.

i the first 5 mins Nunes says its a dem tv show, even though he requested it be in public, then talks about trade agreements, like thats relevant.

But then says dems colluded with the whistleblower. Geez lie much.

Just recall Nunes waving that document he got from the WH at the news cameras while declaring he’d discovered important information in that same document that he must now take to the WH.

All you need to know about ‘Cowboy’ Nunes.

12 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

With respect, there is no logic to that. The case would need to show that a High Crime or Misdemeanor actually took place. You are making an assumption that 25 Senators from the President's party would turn on him. That is a longshot. It would require a new development. a High Crime or misdemeanor, do you think they will find one? 

OK let me put it this way.

If a massive majority of the American public believe Trump should be impeached from office, what way do you think Senators will vote?

24 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I strongly disagree what you see is a check and balance in action you see a democracy correcting its sielf healing a wound so to speak let’s all hope it leads to healing and not to an infection!

Archived