Pelosi says Trump has admitted to bribery as impeachment probe intensifies

webfact

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Golly what if the Ukrainian President says he was absolutely unaware of any hold up of any funds, and what if the Ukrainian fired prosecutor is on sworn court testimony that he was fired precisely over Joe Biden and his son regarding his investigation into Burisma.... I mean what if?

And you still haven't answered why the Republicans haven't called on the fired prosecutor to testify?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Hes leading the inquiry so it kind of does matter. Hes been lying his ass off for the last few years about Trump non stop yet all of a sudden were supposed to take everything he and the others are saying as fact. 

And exactly when did a base Trump supporter become opposed to lying?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Certainly no one is asking you to take what Schiff says as fact. He's not a witness, is he?

Yeah he is a witness. He is a witness as to how much he or his staff coached the disgruntled Leftist operative AKA the so called "whistleblower" with regard to his statement, who on his staff contacted him in advance of his statement etc etc. All of this will come up if this circus makes it to the United States Senate. Where Schiff will be called as a witness. And if he is trying to pull a James Comey twisting of the facts: "I did not leak to the press, I gave the document to my friend a professor and asked him to leak it to the press" or as in "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" like Bill Clinton, I mean if it comes out that HE did talk to the whistleblower in a call set by his staff (even though he did not know the name at that time), or he gave his staff marching orders, etc etc, as far as crafting the statement, ---- and if he did it's gonna come out......again maybe I am just so wrong....but otherwise ...its gonna be pretty tough for him. He will probably be out of congress. And maybe indicted for conspiracy to remove the president of the United States of America. I mean that is what that is isn't it? But hey....let's just let it play out ????

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And you still haven't answered why the Republicans haven't called on the fired prosecutor to testify?

They already have a written statement from him that is part of Ukrainian court record. They don't need to. And they can't compel someone from Ukraine to come to the United States can they? But you already have a statement from Ukrainian President and the written testimony, so what is your point here... Do you not believe the sworn testimony of the Prosecutor, do you think the Ukrainian President is a liar? Because that is right where you are at. By the way do you think that the Democrats will let him testify? I mean that is a pretty big can of worms about Biden that is gonna get opened up do ya think?

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

They already have a written statement from him that is part of Ukrainian court record. They don't need to. And they can't compel someone from Ukraine to come to the United States can they? But you already have a statement from Ukrainian President and the written testimony, so what is your point here... Do you not believe the sworn testimony of the Prosecutor, do you think the Ukrainian President is a liar? Because that is right where you are at. By the way do you think that the Democrats will let him testify? I mean that is a pretty big can of worms about Biden that is gonna get opened up do ya think?

Have you done any research into the career of Victor Shokin? Not one to inspire confidence in his probity. 

Am I saying that the Ukrainian President is lying?  What are his choices? How would Trump react if the Zelensky said he felt Trump was extorting his cooperation? We've seen how Trump reacts time and time again when he's contradicted. You think considerations like that are cast aside? Especially from a country that is depending on the US to defend it from the Russians and with an American President who is inclined to minimize Russian transgressions and to maximize his affection for V. Putin. If Zelensky did feel Trump used extortion, he'd be a fool to say so.

22 minutes ago, atyclb said:

are you sure mueller was disconnected from the respirator long enough for him to say all that?

Haha. Mueller gave the most convoluted gobbledygook I ever heard for his reasoning. You could see the pain on his own face while he said it. He turned out to be nothing more then an old man who was a front for Democrat operative prosecutors who tried their best with no case available to them to prosecute. Mueller looked ashamed....of course who knows, but he oughta be ashamed!

8 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Yeah he is a witness. He is a witness as to how much he or his staff coached the disgruntled Leftist operative AKA the so called "whistleblower" with regard to his statement, who on his staff contacted him in advance of his statement etc etc

what you knew what you are talking about. what if?

"The New York Times first reported the whistleblower reached out to a committee staffer after unsuccessfully trying to raise concerns internally.

Patrick Boland, a spokesman for the committee and its chairman Adam Schiff, said in a statement that committee staff advised the individual to obtain counsel and approach the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG), which the whistleblower did. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-impeachment-inquiry-whistleblower-contacted-house-intelligence-committee-staff-before-filing-complaint/

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Have you done any research into the career of Victor Shokin? Not one to inspire confidence in his probity. 

Am I saying that the Ukrainian President is lying?  What are his choices? How would Trump react if the Zelensky said he felt Trump was extorting his cooperation? We've seen how Trump reacts time and time again when he's contradicted. You think considerations like that are cast aside? Especially from a country that is depending on the US to defend it from the Russians and with an American President who is inclined to minimize Russian transgressions and to maximize his affection for V. Putin. If Zelensky did feel Trump used extortion, he'd be a fool to say so.

So based upon your Sherlock Holmes assessment of the interior of the Ukrainian President's psyche the President of the United States should be impeached? Sure let's see how that plays out.

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

what you knew what you are talking about. what if?

"The New York Times first reported the whistleblower reached out to a committee staffer after unsuccessfully trying to raise concerns internally.

Patrick Boland, a spokesman for the committee and its chairman Adam Schiff, said in a statement that committee staff advised the individual to obtain counsel and approach the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG), which the whistleblower did. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-impeachment-inquiry-whistleblower-contacted-house-intelligence-committee-staff-before-filing-complaint/

Ignore that his lawyer called for a "Coup" in 2017, and ignore that he may have a connection to Biden and everything will be ok. As I said time will tell

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:
27 minutes ago, atyclb said:

are you sure mueller was disconnected from the respirator long enough for him to say all that?

Haha. Mueller gave the most convoluted gobbledygook I ever heard for his reasoning. You could see the pain on his own face while he said it. He turned out to be nothing more then an old man who was a front for Democrat operative prosecutors who tried their best with no case available to them to prosecute. Mueller looked ashamed....of course who knows, but he oughta be ashamed!

sadly

his facial expressions reminded me of something called " early stage sundowning", something seen in icu patients and also of what i have seen among some nursing home patients.

5 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

So there you have it, you have read the Ukrainian President's mind and therefore he must be lying, and so the Prosecutors statement that also must be a lie? after all it doesn't really fit your narrative does it. And as for facts, you haven't disputed a single one. Other then to mind read. 

Common sense man. common sense?

Who is lying? the man who has being caught in thousands of lies, or exemplary military  hero who has never being caught in a lie and fought and bled for this country?

Who is lying? the prosecutor of the most corrupt country whom the world was trying to have removed, or the career US  diplomats with an unblemished record?

Who is lying? The politician of one of the most corrupt country in the world , or the trump supporter who contributed millions to trump inauguration committee but was forced to tell the truth under oath?

Common sense man. common sense?  I know asking common sense from a trump supporter? Where is my common sense?

12 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Ignore that his lawyer called for a "Coup" in 2017, and ignore that he may have a connection to Biden and everything will be ok. As I said time will tell

And if you have evidence of him plotting anything illegal to carry out his coup, it should be reported to the appropriate authorites. And ya gotta love that wonderfully vague "he may have a connection to Biden".

17 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

The corrupt prosecutors lawyer claimed his client was innocent , NO!! we certainly can't ignore that. It is certainly something that lawyers never do and need to be taken very seriously   

41 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

And can you send a link where he says this?  Or was it Fox news?

The hold up of the aid is already proven by the Pentagon and the Appropriations committee

This is from a Ukrainian news source: 

https://www.unian.info/politics/10697631-zelensky-slams-russian-propagandists-over-question-about-talks-with-trump.html

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

Here's part of what that  Zelensky said, It's taken from your article.

"We can talk about support. Asking is definitely not about Ukraine. Ukraine is a new, strong country, asking nothing from anyone.

It doesn't exactly correspond to reality, does it? Hmm, why do you think that is?

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

Golly, so the topic of Biden comes up in this phone call with the Ukrainian President and that isn't what this is about? The fact that the Democrat National Committee had operatives in UKraine in 2016 purposefully asking Ukraine to interfere in US politics, and also interfered in Ukraine politics which was - the subject of the call - is not what this about either? Hmmm OK so its just about Trump asking about these things so he is a bad guy? But it can't possibly be about the subject of the call? So this doesn't seem like a shady attempt to run cover for the real scandals? That is something that can't be seen by you? Because this can't possibly be about Joe Biden and his son, and can't possibly be about the Democrat national committee running operatives to Ukraine? Right OK if you say so. Wait and see. 

Fake news again. 

Trump's request was about the Ukrainian hacking debunked conspiracy theory, not about alleged DNC operatives. 

18 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

He need to declare war to a minor country for distraction. 

That is an interesting comment considering that there is extremely strong desire by the Ukraine and aslo amongst Democrats and some Republicans in the USA that are neo-conservative and think like deceased John Mccain, or recently fired  National Security Advisor John Bolton, and a vast amount of US foreign policy bureaucrats in opposition to Trump, who would like to see Ukraine admitted into Nato.

That would mean that the United States would have a clear "Responsibility to Protect" in the event of further incursion by Russia into Ukraine. Russia would retaliate either in Ukraine or elsewhere in the world should the United States allow membership of Ukraine into NATO. As they see this as directly in their backyard and a threat to Russia. See how easy wars can start? And you think Trump is the bad guy. Funny.

10 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Here's part of what that  Zelensky said, It's taken from your article.

"We can talk about support. Asking is definitely not about Ukraine. Ukraine is a new, strong country, asking nothing from anyone.

It doesn't exactly correspond to reality, does it? Hmm, why do you think that is?

Read it again it's pretty clear. Clear to all except those who wish to hide the truth in word play. I can find you about one hundred more sources if you would like. But I am tired of your game. As I said wait and see.

Bribery is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not offer.

Sounds like the shoe fits in the case of Trump the briber.

He was aiming to give (instead of withhold) something of value (U.S. military aid to Ukraine) in exchange for some kind of action (the Ukraine investigation of the Bidens) that the recipient would not otherwise offer.

Though extortion also sounds applicable:

Extortion...involves the verbal or written instillation of fear that something will happen to the victim if they do not comply with the extortionist's will. Another key distinction is that extortion always involves a verbal or written threat...

In the United States, extortion may also be committed as a federal crime across a computer system, phone, by mail, or in using any instrument of interstate commerce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion#United_States

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Fake news again. 

Trump's request was about the Ukrainian hacking debunked conspiracy theory, not about alleged DNC operatives. 

Read again, it had to do with allegations of DNC in Ukraine. The requesting of interference by Ukraine by the DNC. Do you want to dispute with me that the DNC had someone in Ukraine? The Democrat National Committee? Do you want to dispute that? I am getting tired of repeatedly pulling up sources.

Archived