Section 38 hailed! Chinese man on five year overstay nabbed

rooster59

Section 38 hailed! Chinese man on five year overstay nabbed

Screen Shot 2562-11-14 at 6_18_33 PM.jpg

Image: Naew Na

A vinyl board displayed at immigration HQ yesterday hailed Section 38 - the law whereby a foreigner must have their whereabouts reported - as being behind the capture of a Chinese man. 

Naew Na called him Mr Lerng in their story, the board named him as Mr Tao, 64. He was pictured in shirt and shorts following his arrest in Loei, in Thailand's isaan region.

The board showed how he had travelled from China to Thailand.

Immigration deputy chief Pol Maj-Gen Chuchat Thareechat explained that the suspect had come into Thailand on a tourist visa in February of 2014. 

He had been given permission to stay until April of that year. 

Thereafter he applied to the UNCHR for refugee status but was denied. He claimed that he had been persecuted by the Chinese because he was a member of the Falun Gong religious sect. 

Naew Na said he was reported by a house owner because he had stayed for a long time and had no job and no apparent means to support himself. 

He was found to be on overstay of 2,024 days.

Maj-Gen Chuchat said he was following orders from the prime minister, deputy prime minister and head of the Royal Thai Police to arrest lawbreaking Thais and foreigners. 

The law states: 

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-16

17 minutes ago, steve187 said:

no mention of any forms being completed, just dobbed in  by a house owner, who thought be was dodgy, looking at the socks and sandals i can not blame the house owner

Did the house owner get fined for not filing the TM30?

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

He was found to be on overstay of 2,024 days.

Yeah! That´s the way to go! Next guy to the chopping block. Chinese, african, caucasian or tribal members. It doesn´t matter. Just free this beautiful country of the far spread overstay plague. The vaccin is called biometrics!

After that we can find a good amount of more overstayers with only TM30 and the hotline. Good job Thai Immigration. You bring the happy days back to Thailand.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Maj-Gen Chuchat said he was following orders from the prime minister, deputy prime minister and head of the Royal Thai Police to arrest lawbreaking Thais and foreigners. 

And here we have it. Make new rules then you will have new lawbreakers or simply make them leave as can't comply. One thing, if this guy is Falun Gong, he is still in for a surprise at home in China. Hopefully won't disappear and have his organs harvested. 

9 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

"The board showed how he had travelled from China to Thailand."

How could they possibly have explained this without the vinyl board? ????

IMG_20191116_112612.jpg

Yeah, I agree! Most strange of all, though. Why is Thailand almost in the same place as Australia? I call for fake news. He couldn´t possibly have been travelling that way.

A huge success for immigration, no doubt a SWAT team to apprehend the perpetrator.

TM30 is obviously a very effective tool.

And as mentioned, if he is Falun Gong and he is sent back to China there won;t be much of him seen again,not all in one place anyway. 

5 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Thai citizen's lack of (geographic) education?

No problem! As long as they do not need a pre-programmed GPS to find their way home from 7-11, they are okey in my book. ????

Do not ask for much, and much shall never be recieved.

He claim to be from the Falun Gong sect.

"In 2006, allegations emerged that many Falun Gong practitioners had been killed to supply China's organ transplant industry.[9][19] An initial investigation found that "the source of 41,500 transplants for the six year period 2000 to 2005 is unexplained" and concluded that "there has been and continues today to be large scale organ seizures from unwilling Falun Gong practitioners".[9] Ethan Gutmann estimates 65,000 Falun Gong practitioners were killed for their organs from 2000 to 2008.[20][21] Following additional analysis, the researchers significantly raised the estimates on the number of Falun Gong practitioners who may have been targeted for organ harvesting.[22] In 2008 United Nations Special Rapporteurs reiterated their requests for "the Chinese government to fully explain the allegation of taking vital organs from Falun Gong practitioners and the source of organs for the sudden increase in organ transplants that has been going on in China since the year 2000".[23]"

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

What is it with those boards , who looks at them then says ' Oh yes now I understand ' .

I love 'em.

I'd like to buy one for a spare white wall I have.

I wonder if Big Joke has any of his old ones to spare. 

They might even be collectors' items in a few years.

Rooster

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

IMG_20191116_112612.jpg

Bio metrics has been quiet for a week, needs some PR for expensive apparatus.

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

IMG_20191116_112612.jpg

At least they got all the colors and flags right. 

this is great, everyone must be reported.  of course they know they are breaking the law, and will likely continue to break the law........rejoice for sure!!!  they need a TM 30-minute.   Getting caught is good for these criminals, they will hopefully wake up and lead a better life.  if you take their side, then send them money.  lol.  i think no.  

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

this is great, everyone must be reported.  of course they know they are breaking the law, and will likely continue to break the law........rejoice for sure!!!  they need a TM 30-minute.   Getting caught is good for these criminals, they will hopefully wake up and lead a better life.  if you take their side, then send them money.  lol.  i think no.  

Lead a better life? In China? Maybe for a very short time.

Archived