Dengue ‘can be contracted from infected sexual partner’

rooster59

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A useful medical journal article from the Journal of Travel Medicine on the topic from earlier in 2019 -- the basic conclusion, transmission via sexual contact possible, but rare, and that transmission method deemed a negligible public health problem.

Sexual transmission of DENV is hence plausible, with this first report of a probable female-to-male sexual transmission. No other reports of sexual transmission exist. Given that in the past decade hundreds of travellers with dengue viraemia have returned to Europe or other non-endemic countries,912 and with only one probable case, sexual transmission of DENV remains a negligible problem.

In conclusion, even if dengue PCR can occasionally be found in semen or vaginal secretions, reports on sexual transmission are extremely rare. Sexual transmission of DENV has no public health significance.

https://academic.oup.com/jtm/article/26/3/tay157/5259064

7 hours ago, Truthhurts said:

Have a walk around the sexpat areas. Desperation doesnt begin to describe the punters

Walk around the Mall and see the old men married ( to a woman over age 35) and looking like a walking zombie.

Give me the sex pat area And young women because I am not dead yet.  ????

I have had the pleasure of Dengue, not sure how many others have, but i am certain all who have had it would agree last thing you want to do or even able to do while being sick with Dengue is to have sex.

One can hardly move, eat or breath let alone bang or ride anyone

10 hours ago, Truthhurts said:

Have a walk around the sexpat areas. Desperation doesnt begin to describe the punters

If any desperation it was before arriving in Thailand. Punters now relaxed and happy. You should try it some time.

11 hours ago, Truthhurts said:

Not at all. I see happy , laughing,  joyful,  people having a great time. Great fun. I suspect you are just projecting your own moral construct as a form of wish fullfiment...

4 hours ago, BestB said:

I have had the pleasure of Dengue, not sure how many others have, but i am certain all who have had it would agree last thing you want to do or even able to do while being sick with Dengue is to have sex.

One can hardly move, eat or breath let alone bang or ride anyone

I got it a couple of months ago it certainly knocks the wind out of your sails 

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What a fantastic and ground breaking piece of news. You can also catch a cold from your partner if you have sex with them. Would be better to list the things you can´t catch that way.

You mean you knew while the scientific and medical community remained in ignorance? How long have you known and how did you make your discovery? More importantly, perhaps, why did you not share your insight?

In case you did not know, you can catch a cold from anyone, sexual partner or not. Catching Dengue sexually is a completely different process.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I got it a couple of months ago it certainly knocks the wind out of your sails 

Same here and in my case, it seemed to be clearing but had paved the way for other things that dragged on and on.

3 minutes ago, todlad said:

You mean you knew while the scientific and medical community remained in ignorance?

When did I post I knew that, and who says they remained in ignorance?

How long have you known and how did you make your discovery?

Never heard of it before, and who says I made the discovery? I thought it stand who made that in the article.

More importantly, perhaps, why did you not share your insight?

What´s important with that? How can I share something when when I didn´t knew it or discovered it?

However, I do not think it´s something fantastic. I also know that a cold can be transferred the same way. Last but not least, I believe it´s more important to list the safe things than one single unsafe.

So, now I answered your questions. Can you now make an effort and answer mine. ???? 

46 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Can dengue fever be transmitted via blood transfusions? If so transmission via bodily fluids seems feasible. Hepatitis can be tranmitted via intercourse.

I think, seeing the virus is in your blood I think it would be possible 

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/dengue-transmission-22399758/

RE - A senior Thai official said it was possible to contract dengue fever through sex after Spanish authorities said a patient, 41, was found to have got the disease from his homosexual partner’s semen.

* Oh Lord, Since i'm in the donor category and not the recipient then i'm safe - Thx ... :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

Actually incorrect if your boyfriend was gay and you were giving. You would still be a virgin from 1 end????

Yes and I suppose technically if your new bride-to-be only gave bjs and took it up the back passage before she met and married you, she would be a virgin on the wedding night.

5 hours ago, newatthis said:

Yes and I suppose technically if your new bride-to-be only gave bjs and took it up the back passage before she met and married you, she would be a virgin on the wedding night.

Absolutely ????

can only hope she turns out to be a she instead of a he to explain lots of back door action. ????

Archived