In Trump-Nixon impeachment comparison, Pelosi raises specter of resignation

webfact

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Most of the conspiratorial allegations about Burisma, the Bidens, and crowdstrike stem from John Solomon. It turns out that Solomon was allowed to bypass the usual editorial checks and sent his pieces directly to the Publisher of The Hill.

Here's a link:

Jimmy Finkelstein, the owner of The Hill, has flown under the radar. But he's played a key role in the Ukraine scandal

"While Solomon has received significant media attention for his work at The Hill, Finkelstein has stayed out of the headlines, despite having himself played a crucial role in the saga. 

Beyond his relationship with Solomon, Trump, and Giuliani, Finkelstein was Solomon's direct supervisor at The Hill and created the conditions which permitted Solomon to publish his conspiratorial stories without the traditional oversight implemented at news outlets." 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/18/media/jimmy-finkelstein-the-hill-ukraine/index.html

Source CNN ????

"Stay on impeachment" – Jeff Zucker ????

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sondland has today given testimony under oath of his knowledge that Trump was holding military aid to Ukraine conditional on the Ukrainian President announcing an investigation into Biden’s son.

He also stated under oath that this was a quid quo pro.

The case against Trump is building nicely.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Source CNN ????

"Stay on impeachment" – Jeff Zucker ????

When you haven't got facts, malign the source.

And your nonsense about Zucker was a quote of his in relation to getting the news for that day. Not a general policy statement.

Just now, bristolboy said:

When you haven't got facts, malign the source.

And your nonsense about Zucker was a quote of his in relation to getting the news for that day. Not a general policy statement.

It is the CNN manifesto....being piped in 'live' into all the anchors' earpieces.

We call this Veritas...that means the truth ????

22 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Man the irony of CNN finger-pointing at The Hill after all the stunts they've pulled over the last couple of years is hilarious. 

This is one way to insulate yourself from the information contained in a well-researched article. Maybe Jeff Zucker had a hand in this article, too?

How a D.C. News Site Amplified Dubious Ukraine Claims

he whistleblower complaint released Thursday details how a familiar Washington, D.C., news site called the Hill helped amplify dubious claims made by a senior Ukrainian official, which preceded similar allegations later made by U.S. President Donald Trump during his July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The Hill interviews helped propel the claims into the conservative media in the United States and into the president’s Twitter feed, although the source cited by the news outlet, then-Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, has since walked back many of the allegations. The original articles remain on the Hill website without an update or retraction.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/26/how-a-dc-news-site-amplified-dubious-ukraine-claims/

Edit: Apparently, The Hill is no longer standing by most of Solomon's Ukraine articles. At least, I couldn't find them on his page at The HIll

https://thehill.com/author/john-solomon

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sondland has today given testimony under oath of his knowledge that Trump was holding military aid to Ukraine conditional on the Ukrainian President announcing an investigation into Biden’s son.

He also stated under oath that this was a quid quo pro.

The case against Trump is building nicely.

wait...what...I thought it was bribery....no, extortion....no, a mafia shakedown.....wait....

From Sondland's mouth"

Trump: "I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO! TELL PRESIDENT ZELENSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING!"

27 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I have heard all of Sondland's "presumptions".

I also understand that Trump isn't going to tell an underling like Sondland everything in advance.

How sad it must be for you to latch on to anything with a glimmer of hope...only to have it

dashed on the rocks.... and having to grab another piece of driftwood. Give it up. Trump

is here to stay.

I get what you're saying. "The absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence." Where did we hear that line of reasoning before?.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don't think you understand how funny I think it is that you have been all for investigations into people you dislike for political purposes, even creating your very own authoritarian signature of "Nothing to hide, Nothing to fear" yet when the shoe is on the other foot - its such a horrible thing.

It perfectly encapsulates liberalism in all its ironic and hypocritical glory. 

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

wait...what...I thought it was bribery....no, extortion....no, a mafia shakedown.....wait....

From Sondland's mouth"

Trump: "I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO! TELL PRESIDENT ZELENSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING!"

This was the statement that Sondland elicited from Trump after Sondland was told to stop communicating about Trump's motives by email and go to the phone instead. Not suspect in the least.

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Some of the trump supporters are down rite delusional imo trump got spanked today 

Thats not opinion , its a fact !

Impeachment is now a stone cold certainty , be interesting to see how the Republicans in the senate react to public opinion during the run up to the trial.

13 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Impeachment is now a stone cold certainty , be interesting to see how the Republicans in the senate react to public opinion during the run up to the trial.

Well unfortunately public opinion will need to move much more for there to be a chance of conviction. But I agree impeachment by the house is a definite. 

5 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

It’s not even over yet.

The corroborating testimony continues to build.

Hence the resort to attacking witnesses, attacking the press and of course regurgitating already debunked conspiracies and/or the very same fake accusations Trump was trying to bribe the Ukrainian’s into announcing a baseless investigation into.

Trump’s supporters demanded the investigation move to open hearings, they then demanded the impeachment vote be made early before the witnesses had chance to speak and before the articles of impeachment have been determined.

Brace yourself for the GOP to start begging for an end to the hearings and an early vote.

Pelosi is smart enough to get all the evidence out there before she decides when the vote shall be, in her good time, not Trump’s and not McConnell’s.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well unfortunately public opinion will need to move much more for there to be a chance of conviction. But I agree impeachment by the house is a definite. 

As amplified on this thread , the diehard Trumpsters wont be swayed by facts, that is a given.

However I feel that those of independent mind will lean strongly against Trump in ever increasing numbers. Its hard to see any other outcome given the pathetic attempts by the White House to defend the POTUS.

Attempting to discredit witnesses , clumsy attempts at pedantics and ' but but Biden ' nonsense may satisfy some , but aes previously noted , they are fanboyz already.

I can see a lot of pressure coming to bear on the Republicans in the Senate , and they are fully aware how loyal Trump would be to them ( lol ).

Will enough jump ship to boot him out , most unlikely , but enough to seriously undermine his re-election , very possibly.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

From Sondland's mouth"

And you think trump tells the truth? He can say what he wants, doesnt mean its the truth. His actions say otherwise.

Rudy acts on behalf of trump and the evidence is rudy demanded the statement of investigation as a quid pro quo.

Why Barr hasnt charged rudy is beyond me, well not really.

Nunes makes me laugh. He wastes all his time talking about bidrn and the WB. Both add nothing to the investigation.

Yet after sondland says everyone knew i failed to here him ask for rudy pompeo mulvany or bolton. I understand what he is afraid of.

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Public opinion is moving and in the right direction.

It did move before but recently not really. Personally I would be surprised if it ever gets to 60 percent favoring removal. But even that wouldn't be enough to break the republican senate wall. 65 to 70 percent then you're talking. 

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Buddy, I don't have to do jack, especially when the subject deserves its own topic. If you want me to talk to you about it then make a thread.

In which case, don't make claims if you can't back them up.

Link: Fox News, CNN Legal Analysts Nail The Significance Of Sondland Testimony On Trump

"CNN’s chief legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin and Fox News’ senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano both agreed in separate broadcasts on Wednesday that European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s congressional testimony in the House impeachment inquiry may prove damning to President Donald Trump."

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Public opinion is moving and in the right direction.

Certainly is:

From one of your approved sources ????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/wisconsin-poll-shows-drop-in-support-for-removing-trump/2019/11/20/e8afa260-0bd1-11ea-8054-289aef6e38a3_story.html

Ohhhh....wait....must be a counting error....Trump rigged it....the computer had malware on it.....

reality: it's a swing state so huuuuuge public sentiment moving with Trump and against a sham impeachment that is getting nothing of the people's work done.

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Nunes makes me laugh. He wastes all his time talking about bidrn and the WB. Both add nothing to the investigation.

Yet after sondland says everyone knew i failed to here him ask for rudy pompeo mulvany or bolton. I understand what he is afraid of.

He has a right to be afraid, the term ‘everyone knew’ with names attached is testimony under oath of a conspiracy.

In terms of an impeachment ‘conspiracy’ is simply an indication of the breadth of the criminality, but in any subsequent criminal indictments ‘conspiracy’ is an extremely serious offense.

The problem for Trump and those named is the number of people and what each has to lose.

More specifically, what the first to cut a deal has to not lose.

The rats are about to start feeding on each other.

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Certainly is:

From one of your approved sources ????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/wisconsin-poll-shows-drop-in-support-for-removing-trump/2019/11/20/e8afa260-0bd1-11ea-8054-289aef6e38a3_story.html

Ohhhh....wait....must be a counting error....Trump rigged it....the computer had malware on it.....

reality: it's a swing state so huuuuuge public sentiment moving with Trump and against a sham impeachment that is getting nothing of the people's work done.

When was that survey, reported yesterday, undertaken?

Before yesterday’s Sondland testimony

and before FOX started hedging it’s bets and letting their commentators spell out how bad Sondland’s testimony was for Trump.

The impeachment conviction will depend heavily on public opinion and the goto source of news for millions of Trump supporters has started telling the truth about Trump’s crimes.

Stay tuned.

Archived