New Police Order for Extensions

Thanks for the link Ubon Joe.

I entered Thailand on November 14, 1997 with a Non-Imm O visa and have been on stay permit extensions ever since.

I have maintained the 800k as far back as I remember and don't plan to go down to the grandad 200k but I want to get out of this new obligation to report to Imm with an updated bank book showing 800/400k every three months.

Ubon Visa.jpg

You would have to ask immigration about it and show proof you have been on continuous extension of stay based upon retirement since October of 1998.

I assume they could say that you can use the grandfathered numbers and keep 50% of it all year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Thanks for the link Ubon Joe.

I entered Thailand on November 14, 1997 with a Non-Imm O visa and have been on stay permit extensions ever since.

I have maintained the 800k as far back as I remember and don't plan to go down to the grandad 200k but I want to get out of this new obligation to report to Imm with an updated bank book showing 800/400k every three months.

Ubon Visa.jpg

You have to do a 90 day report, so what's difficult about taking your updated bank book with you each time.

I did my extension yesterday using a Foreign Currency Account with plenty in it. The IO said 'See you next year' when he handed the passport back.

43 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You have to do a 90 day report, so what's difficult about taking your updated bank book with you each time.

But the 90 day report might not be in sync with the 3 months written on that notice.

Another thing to consider is that 90 day reports can be done online or by mail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

But the 90 day report might not be in sync with the 3 months written on that notice.

Another thing to consider is that 90 day reports can be done online or by mail.

Thanks Joe, and yes, I shall be in that same situation this coming year. Luckily my IO is only 30km away, next to Macro!

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Thanks Joe, and yes, I shall be in that same situation this coming year. Luckily my IO is only 30km away, next to Macro!

Which imm office. Its sad that in los various office can apply their "own rules".

A 60km round trip to show bankbook seems ridiculous.

Curious to know what would happen in someone dipped below the 800k in the 3 month post. You have valid permission of stay. Could imm office just void it? Perhaps question for ubonjoe.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Which imm office. Its sad that in los various office can apply their "own rules".

A 60km round trip to show bankbook seems ridiculous.

Curious to know what would happen in someone dipped below the 800k in the 3 month post. You have valid permission of stay. Could imm office just void it? Perhaps question for ubonjoe.

My IO is in Phitsanulok, and as I said, next door to Macro and close to Tesco, so the 60km round trip is one I do at least once a week.

I am unsure whether immediate voiding of your extension would happen if you went after 3 months and your 800k had dipped below, and I do not intent to try to find out. I got my permission to stay yesterday until 7th Dec 2020. I asked, and was told, that my Mrs will have to do a TM30 when I return from UK on 14th Dec.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That has been discussed many times before since the order went into effect in March.

They could cancel the extension due to you not meeting the conditions for your extension of stay.

But would they for a small amount below the 800k or 400k baht when doing 3 month check that is not required in the police order.

• Like 1

For the record I received a similar bank book check card to show the 800k is intact after 3 months from my immigration office in Kanchanaburi about 4 weeks ago on my renewal of extension to stay.

Insisting I go in person too. Thankfully I can do my 90 day online as my round trip is 320 Km.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:41 AM, Moonlover said:

In the O/P's situation I would, most certainly push for 'grandfathering'. Why on Earth allow immigration dictate to him what he can and cannot do with his own money?

Yes, I intend to go to Imm Ubon asap and tell them that from now on I intend to be an Extension grandad and there is no need to show them my updated bankbook every three months.

That's why I wanted the Thai translation as it will thus be easier to deal with them and make my claim.

I never thought of claiming Extension grandad re the bank account and always kept well over the required 800k and still intend to but this bank book check show thing is just too much as we're going to live 100 km from Ubon.

And Saltire says he was told to report in person !! Cannot even send the TGF on a shopping trip to town and do the chore then ?

That picture I posted is a piece of paper stapled to my passport when I got my one-year extension approved on 21OCT19.

My next 90-day is 17DEC19 whereas three months from 21OCT19 is 21JAN20 so the dates don't match. And anyway Ubon has also told me that from now on I must do my 90-day reporting online. I'll let the TGF do it.

I'm very happy now living with my TGF and have invested a lot of Baht in her (houses. land, car). We intend to marry as soon as I get the document needed from my Embassy. But considering the increasingly difficult stay conditions for farangs in Thailaand I regret not to have retired in SAmerica before knowing my present TGF years ago. I had actually thought at one time retiring in Ecuador (I speak fairly good Spanish).

I have a pension and keep Euros in the bank for a Back-to-Belgium Plan B if they ever start requiring Heath Insurance for extensions as I'm too old to get one.

Thanks to everybody for your postings. It makes TV forum a must read for me.

• Thanks 1