Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

It seems as if we are being 'homogenised',  & being steered slowly into becoming 'good citizens'.

Anyway, back on topic...????

The temperature has been disgustingly hot during the last couple of days, although it's 26°C at 05:50.( that's in the morning y'know) ????

I spoke with my sister in blighty on Tuesday, in her living room she's had a very fancy ( & expensive ????) gas fire installed.

It was turned on as the 'weathers a bit chilly'. ????

Edited by faraday
Syntax
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

It's true, our rights are slowly but surely being eroded away. 

I made a quip on Twitter a few weeks ago about my phone reception going to 5 bars from the usual 2 bars, immediately after getting the vaccine. That resulted in a 12 hour ban. The world is lost I'm afraid.

Have I misunderstood this? Twitter ban you for joking about mobile phone reception?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sotonowl said:

It's true, our rights are slowly but surely being eroded away. 

I made a quip on Twitter a few weeks ago about my phone reception going to 5 bars from the usual 2 bars, immediately after getting the vaccine. That resulted in a 12 hour ban. The world is lost I'm afraid.

I didn't think Twitter was a mobile phone provider here but live and learn I suppose. Anyway if I had gone to 5 bars instead of 2 my reception would be fading too ????

11 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

They're not a mobile phone provider mate. It was the fact I joked about my mobile phone reception getting better after the jab the they took exception to.

For the record, i'm in the UK and my mobile phone provider is Smarty who piggy back on the "3" network and are as cheap as chips.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm really sorry to appear so thick (stop laughing!) Are Twitter so thin skinned/sensitive that a global company can't accept a joke about the jab linked to a mobile network? It's not even directed at Twitter. Is this some kind of woke I keep hearing about?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm really sorry to appear so thick (stop laughing!) Are Twitter so thin skinned/sensitive that a global company can't accept a joke about the jab linked to a mobile network? It's not even directed at Twitter. Is this some kind of woke I keep hearing about?

To be honest I don't think they are. Maybe someone was having a bad day. I can be quite argumentative on Twitter and do tend to slate the wokey people and don't usually have any problems these days as I know how far I can go. I had a bit of a shock with this one though.

3 minutes ago, faraday said:
47 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Keep Ozzy Osbourne away from Owl, once he's got the taste for bats...

And that, dear readers is how 'a virus' ???? began.

Ozzy's not from Wuhan, he's a Brummie - almost as dodgy I know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Ozzy's not from Wuhan, he's a Brummie - almost as dodgy I know.

Used to go to  Brummidgeham town hall in the '70's..

Saw Arthur Brown &  I'm sorry to to say, The Mahavishnu Orchestra. ???? A Love Supreme????

Back on topic....????

Getting a bit windy now - not the Sator, I might add; temperature is 37© . ????️

Hope everything is here on the 'morrow....????

• Like 2

05:33 - 27©

Nice cuppa PG with Thai/Danish milk, sitting outside.

Morning's are getting much lighter now, & the rainy season may well come early, it seems.

???? Thought I had more to say, last night I did, but a can of Bud doesn't taste right in the morning.

Owl, what's da news???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

05:33 - 27©

Nice cuppa PG with Thai/Danish milk, sitting outside.

Morning's are getting much lighter now, & the rainy season may well come early, it seems.

???? Thought I had more to say, last night I did, but a can of Bud doesn't taste right in the morning.

Owl, what's da news???

Isn't the Thai/Danish only a UHT option, in a carton? For me it's an emergency option if I ever ran out of the pasteurised milk.

I had to look through a chink in the curtains to see if there was daylight - there is!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Isn't the Thai/Danish only a UHT option, in a carton? For me it's an emergency option if I ever ran out of the pasteurised milk.

I had to look through a chink in the curtains to see if there was daylight - there is!

Yes, it is UHT, but getting Chokchai in NBL is difficult, as often Makro no hab.

Which milk do you use?

????

Worried about the word 'chink' Mr Sofa, gotta be so careful these days. ( unable to elaborate) ????

• Haha 2