Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very enjoyable Owl, keep it going. 

Lots more pics please (avoid adding personal pics of you/family as there'll always be someone with rude comments).

Incidentally which province are you in exactly (apologies if you already stated). Assuming it's Nong Khai.

Although I'm closer to Nong Khai, the village is in Udon Thani province.

10 minutes ago, roo860 said:
14 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

isaan have at foreign, <deleted> place live. i has living 4 year now and newer before no has eat thats same bad, all food have tottally big <deleted>, isan food not have thai food and normal. all have big <deleted> and human no can eat, only thai monkeys idiot eat eweryday <deleted> grass,<deleted> wery bad fish,all food could or raw,or half-raw, all food wery bad taste. normal thai food have 500 x better south than isan food have ewer. all peoples have idiots or little stupid, and IF borrow somethink newer not go back or go back broken. has destroy my hammer drill 2 pcs, now, hammer drill not have cheap 8000 B pcs and has borrow and destroy 2 pcs, and no tell me has broken, same many toold,ladders no newer go back to home if someone has borrow, expensives good guality ladders cost 5000 B but i no can use because have somewere at village. same many many tools and others parts, monkeys idiots no newer pay back or give me back my tools. i no borrow anythink now to monkeys idiots. womans not care husband, o matter what husband say wifes no hear husband newer, if need help somethink newer not help .

Bloody hell, if that's what it does to you, I'll stay away!!

????????

Stay away? Looks like I'd better leave tomorrow after living here for thirteen years!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

isaan have at foreign, <deleted> place live. i has living 4 year now and newer before no has eat thats same bad, all food have tottally big <deleted>, isan food not have thai food and normal. all have big <deleted> and human no can eat, only thai monkeys idiot eat eweryday <deleted> grass,<deleted> wery bad fish,all food could or raw,or half-raw, all food wery bad taste. normal thai food have 500 x better south than isan food have ewer. all peoples have idiots or little stupid, and IF borrow somethink newer not go back or go back broken. has destroy my hammer drill 2 pcs, now, hammer drill not have cheap 8000 B pcs and has borrow and destroy 2 pcs, and no tell me has broken, same many toold,ladders no newer go back to home if someone has borrow, expensives good guality ladders cost 5000 B but i no can use because have somewere at village. same many many tools and others parts, monkeys idiots no newer pay back or give me back my tools. i no borrow anythink now to monkeys idiots. womans not care husband, o matter what husband say wifes no hear husband newer, if need help somethink newer not help .

Did the monkeys kill your dog already?

1 hour ago, Oxpilot said:

You are planting avocados from seeds? I have heard that they will not bear fruiot when planted from seeds. It didn't make sense at the time. 

Well the seeds for my potato tree didn't work either. Must be something to do with Thai soil. 555.

Edited by SteveK

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Well the seeds for my potato tree didn't work either. Must be something to do with Thai soil. 555.

Unless the potato `tree` was a bit of a joke.????.No most soil can not be used for potatoes.Close to Chiang Mai it can be done.To hot in the daytime most other places.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

If you're anywhere north of Nong Khai you're in Laos!

I drive on highway 211 North, according to the sign, from Nong Khai while staying in Thailand all the way home. It's a little twisty here and there yet follows the Mekong on the Thailand side of the river. I never cross over the river to Laos. It's definitely not south, unless I'm going to Nong Khai, and definitely not Laos. Try staying on topic and not deflecting.  We have mapaholics now on the forum? Show me where I stated true north or as the eagle flies.  Besides, I wasn't quoting to you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Oxpilot said:

You are planting avocados from seeds? I have heard that they will not bear fruiot when planted from seeds. It didn't make sense at the time.

They will bear fruit but it will take at least 7-9 years ... I graft onto seedlings from a very heavy bearing tree and they fruit a year or two later .. I live in Northern NSW ... bushfire smoke heavy again today

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SniperSpider said:

I drive on highway 211 North, according to the sign, from Nong Khai while staying in Thailand all the way home. It's a little twisty here and there yet follows the Mekong on the Thailand side of the river. I never cross over the river to Laos. It's definitely not south, unless I'm going to Nong Khai, and definitely not Laos. Try staying on topic and not deflecting.  We have mapaholics now on the forum? Show me where I stated true north or as the eagle flies.  Besides, I wasn't quoting to you.

Public Forum......And, I was thinking the exact same thing when you wrote north of Nong Khai. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bannork said:

No need to be so touchy, you're in a public forum, anyone has the right to reply.

No I am not touchy, just correct?  Highways with odd numbers go north and south, even numbers go east and west, the same as in many countries.  It is ok to correct someone if you are indeed correct.