Thai Baht Rates

Can anyone please explain to me what is going on with the Thai baht?? If you go to the BBC web site or to any forex site outside Thailand the exchange rate is only 62 to 63 baht to the pound sterling. Yet in Thailand this morning Thai banks are offering 68 to 69 baht. I transferred funds in sterling last week and I recieved 67.8 baht. My bank in UK only offered me 61 to send it in Thai baht from UK. I would like to know why there is such a difference. Is there manipilation from outside Thailand with the Thai baht?????

Can anyone please explain to me what is going on with the Thai baht?? If you go to the BBC web site or to any forex site outside Thailand the exchange rate is only 62 to 63 baht to the pound sterling. Yet in Thailand this morning Thai banks are offering 68 to 69 baht. I transferred funds in sterling last week and I recieved 67.8 baht. My bank in UK only offered me 61 to send it in Thai baht from UK. I would like to know why there is such a difference. Is there manipilation from outside Thailand with the Thai baht?????

You got a good rate. Where is the problem? Why would you want to have your UK bank to FIRST convert to baht and then send?

Just continue to xfer money like you already did. You'll get the best current rate. Simple.

You got a good rate. Where is the problem? Why would you want to have your UK bank to FIRST convert to baht and then send?

Just continue to xfer money like you already did. You'll get the best current rate. Simple.

Ohh I aggree... but out of curiosity I asked what rate I would get if i transfered the money in Thai baht instead od sending it in sterling. I was quoted 61 baht for 1 pound sterling