So many great monthly deals on AirBnB

17 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Multiply a hotel room cost times 30

then the cost of an equivalent Airbnb 

starting to see the reason now?

Read the reviews , do your homework, I’ve had nothing but great stays 

Thats a big problem most guest dont read 

On 11/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, sandyf said:

I had booked 4 nights in HCMC and when we arrived found that there were no towels in the apartment. I contacted the host which wasn't easy as there was no information on how to use the internet.

I would have bought a towel, and a data SIM for my phone.

Much cheaper and more convenient than paying again.

My last hotel in HCMC (Booking.com) the air-con did't work (no cold air coming out), reported it to the front desk ........ nothing. Took it apart, and the filer was totally clogged, rinsed it in the shower and it worked perfectly (5 minutes of my time).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My last hotel in HCMC (Booking.com) the air-con did't work (no cold air coming out), reported it to the front desk ........ nothing. Took it apart, and the filer was totally clogged, rinsed it in the shower and it worked perfectly (5 minutes of my time).

Same in Thailand never clean it, 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, everyone is full of good advice. It was getting late in the evening in a foreign country with nothing happening and I had to make a judgement. There were other problems coming to light that influenced the decision.

I wouldn't normally have booked a property without any reviews but it was an emergency booking because the original booking had been cancelled by the host at the last minute, not the first time that has happened either.

People that had traveled with us were booked into a hotel virtually next door to the original booking causing a problem with the rebooking and even more so when we run into problems on arrival.

Hosts need to be held to account for their actions.

• 7 months later...

I was an early adopter (as a tenant) of Airbnb.  Booked places in USA, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain.  Some were good experiences, some bad, a few terrible.  My conclusion after many experiences is that I prefer booking with hotels now mainly because with reputable hotels (3 or 4 stars) you usually know what to expect and what you can require.  Sure, there will be bad experiences from time to time, but I found Airbnb to be way more variable in terms of quality than hotels are.

Edited by JTXR