POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

After further thought, I would prefer not to be considered further. Please delete my name as a contestant.

I don't know what went into Gecko's decision.  Of course it might be anything.

I will tell you ( all )  that after reading the very trite combination of banter, bravado, and bs that this "little bit of fun " has produced , MOSTLY BY JUST A FEW MEMBERS,  I can no longer even think of what to compare this to.   

OPENING  another thread which excludes others  is really the icing on the cake.   Many of my posts are meant to be humorous ,  in a satirical way , since there is often truth in humor.

I have some strong opinions which i realize are subjective and do not try to convert anyone.

Usually I keep them  to myself.   But as I have said before,  a boasting hypocrite is where I cannot stay silent.  Unfortunately  "contests"  tend to create a rare phenomenon :   the cream sinks to the bottom and something very bad rises to the top. 

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

I don't know what went into Gecko's decision.  Of course it might be anything.

I will tell you ( all )  that after reading the very trite combination of banter, bravado, and bs that this "little bit of fun " has produced , MOSTLY BY JUST A FEW MEMBERS,  I can no longer even think of what to compare this to.   

OPENING  another thread which excludes others  is really the icing on the cake.   Many of my posts are meant to be humorous ,  in a satirical way , since their is often truth in humor.

I have some strong opinions which i realize are subjective and do not try to convert anyone.

Usually I keep them  to myself.   But as I have said before,  a boasting hypocrite is where I cannot stay silent.  Unfortunately  "contests"  tend to create a rare phenomenon :   the cream sinks to the bottom and something very bad rises to the top. 

The other thread does not 'exclude' other members, read the posts and if you like one, then like it, if you don't, then don't. There has to be some way of separating contestants from non-contestants and that thread is simply a platform for contestants to gather likes, not votes, but likes. Sorry if you see things from another perspective, but I guess that's what makes the world go round.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

After further thought, I would prefer not to be considered further. Please delete my name as a contestant.

Hey Gecko jump into the muddy waters and let the sharks nibble your toes for a bit of fun.

Look at my profile, I've made 3 posts all year and am not a contender.

Anyway a blind man can see a mile away who the winner is and it isn't you, me or VF.

Vote for Gecko.

Do Not vote for Sipi.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

You missed off number 5.  Scottiejohn 

- Vote Scottie for POTY

You've forgotten the basics: pure malt Scotch whiskies

-OLD PULTENEY

-ARRAN

-KNOCKANDO

-ARDBERG

-DALMORE

-CAOL ILA

-Lagavulin

-Glenfiddish

and the best ( for me ) JURA ....

Maybe Scootie will have my vote , even I stopped drinking alcool a long time ago .

( I'll send you my bank account in a PM :cheesy: )

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You've forgotten the basics: pure malt Scotch whiskies

-OLD PULTENEY

-ARRAN

-KNOCKANDO

-ARDBERG

-DALMORE

-CAOL ILA

-Lagavulin

-Glenfiddish

and the best ( for me ) JURA ....

Maybe Scootie will have my vote , even I stopped drinking alcool a long time ago .

( I'll send you my bank account in a PM :cheesy: )

I think your are living on Islay Mist!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Actually Dumpling-Dwyer !!

Or it would be if it was true ????

My mother’s maiden name was actually Emily Moore and when we were out and about in the car as a family my father would always say “ look you can see your mothers mast from here “ ( referring to the Emley Moor TV mast which could be seen from vast distances ).

It was of course one of those “ Dad jokes “ that we heard repeatedly and always brought groans from my mother, my brothers and me .

How I wish I could hear that “ joke “ as a family again !!, sadly two members are missing ☹️

( see how I turned this into a sad, compassionate post, going for the sensitive TVF voters now ???? )

Bet your glad she was not called Ilkley Moore or you would have suffered a lot of tat, and I don't meant the Thai version TAT.

PS;  you could get a sympathy vote from me if you keep this up

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Actually Dumpling-Dwyer !!

Or it would be if it was true ????

My mother’s maiden name was actually Emily Moore and when we were out and about in the car as a family my father would always say “ look you can see your mothers mast from here “ ( referring to the Emley Moor TV mast which could be seen from vast distances ).

It was of course one of those “ Dad jokes “ that we heard repeatedly and always brought groans from my mother, my brothers and me .

How I wish I could hear that “ joke “ as a family again !!, sadly two members are missing ☹️

( see how I turned this into a sad, compassionate post, going for the sensitive TVF voters now ???? )

My mum's maiden name was Trumper....

Don't you dare......????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

It's a blend one not a pure malt ;

sometimes the blended have a better taste as the single malt but not often 

Agree.  A blend will always taste the same as they can change the "mix" to get the regular blend taste.  The malt will change depending on many factors including what the barrels were used for previously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

As Rumak pointed out, the very limited number of people participating on the POTY threads and who end up voting for the finalists is symptomatic that the contest needs to be revamped.

Wait until the voting has started, this thread and the other thread that shall not be named, have turned into a bromance fest for a minority of nominees. The silent majority aren't represented on these threads.

Two of the three nominees that I intend to vote for (I'm assuming that we'll get 3 votes initially) have made few, if any, posts on this thread. I haven't read the other thread as I assume it's not for me.

19 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

the contest has devolved into a cliquey popularity contest

devolved .     see, one can always increase our vocabulary .    thanks for teaching me a new word Gecko

• Like 2

Just now, sipi said:

I thought "nebulous"was the ring of gas around Uranus.

I thought it  was a cloud of gas that NCC1701A ran in to hide from the Klingons or in his case Thai ladies.

Be a good name for a bar !! ...555555????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Wait until the voting has started, this thread and the other thread that shall not be named, have turned into a bromance fest for a minority of nominees. The silent majority aren't represented on these threads.

Two of the three nominees that I intend to vote for (I'm assuming that we'll get 3 votes initially) have made few, if any, posts on this thread. I haven't read the other thread as I assume it's not for me.

That's right Danny..... its a very small clubhouse.    And you ain't in it      hahaha

Gotta be pretty desperate for attention for the few that are so keen on posting and posing .

they are literally hanging on by a thread .   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rumak said:

So Geronimo....... whose idea was it to start another thread that left all the rest of us humble ones unable to offer our comments?    

Please, no politically correct answer.   I want a name   ????

So the kids could play among themselves without interference from grown ups?