POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

In most elections anyone, even a non voter, can attend the meetings of the various contenders and air their views etc.  I believe that should be the format here.
I just hope that next years POTY is open for a more general participation.

I think many of us can agree that there are many issues with the format.   Gecko brought it up , and I have also been using my  sardonic wit to in some way protest  IMO  the hijacking of the

"election"  by a few notables.  Dividing it into two threads was even more confusing and , for lack of a better word,  divisive.  

I think the moderators and geronimo could sense the imminent army of white men marching forward to burn and pillage the poty awards.   Maybe out of the ashes will come some good

( a common phrase used by analysts  lol) .   

If it wasn't for my stubborn nature I would have left long ago,  but then i might have missed some of geronimo's poetry.    zzzzzzzzzzzzz    just kidding,  

13 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Am looking through the rule book now .....

This is what you said on 27 November re the contenders only forum;

"I have created a thread strictly for POTY candidates to post, and the likes will be counted and will go some way to deciding this year's winner." 

30 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

But that contenders only thread doesn't have any effect does it. Just a bit of fun I thought. If it did mean something, it would only represent the winner of a thread. For me I consider the poster's worthiness by their history.

that "bit of fun"  is like a comedian that keeps making the same joke at every party.  repeat repeat and repeat.    IT GETS OLD !!      

Very simple solution.   One list comprised of a nomination from another member ( 2 per member).   1. Then post the list and have a POLL.   can vote for 2 members   2.  have any nominee that wishes write a "speech" in whatever manner they wish ( bragging,  or serious,  or humorous. or just post some boobs  ????      3.  Final vote by POLL     4.  Jingthing ( to feel included) can be

the official vote counter , with Geronimo by his side, of course

We'd be better off having a "who doesn't want to be POTY"  contest, or settle it with a game of "rock, paper, scissors". 

I think the format has more to do with the forum software. It's not like you can throw 50 names out and vote for a winner. It has to be whittled down one way or another. 

54 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

........glomphering in the swill trough........

The closest on-line definition I could find for 'glomphering' (to glompher?) was:

675093202_Screenshot2019-12-0414_04_20.png.194af55907a3e8e3071e8af5f78b5603.png

and then there's this one, which may have relevance to the subject material:

950537716_Screenshot2019-12-0414_12_14.png.0ca6669610a7d0af8956a24f93ed0097.png

I suspect you are just making words up as you go along.

5 minutes ago, sipi said:

We'd be better off having a "who doesn't want to be POTY"  contest

I've long had this idea that if someone wants to be president that immediately eliminates them from running.  As a former US president put it "you have to be crazy to want this job."

4 minutes ago, sipi said:

We'd be better off having a "who doesn't want to be POTY"  contest, or settle it with a game of "rock, paper, scissors". 

I think the format has more to do with the forum software. It's not like you can throw 50 names out and vote for a winner. It has to be whittled down one way or another. 

good point.   how do they whittle it down ?  I thought the top ten from the "first poll" would continue into the next one .  They would be the ones to " give a speech or whatever" before the final vote

4 minutes ago, bendejo said:

've long had this idea that if someone wants to be president that immediately eliminates them from running.  As a former US president put it "you have to be crazy to want this job."

let it be noted that I was the first to immediately refuse when Geronimo invited me to participate.      and i am pretty sure that with me backing sipi  (do not vote for sipi )

he will of course not win .  But , maybe he will  ????

Just had a look at POTY Candidates Only Post Here

We want more empty promises!  Voters love phony promises, works every time.  How about "pot in every chicken"? 

How about vote buying?  Pay with vouchers for service with your choice of provider in Pattaya?

When it comes democracy you get what you pay for.

Clarification ..... the likes thread closes on the 7th and anyone with zero likes is eliminated. The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote.

from the 7th to 21st there will be another section that will be announced ahead of time. Then on the 21st voting will begin. 

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

Can we have a thread called "name your POTY"  where each voter names one candidate. When it gets to 500 pages long we give Geranimo a crayon and a sheet of cardboard and he tallies the vote? 

This will be considered .....

24 minutes ago, rumak said:

let it be noted that I was the first to immediately refuse when Geronimo invited me to participate.      and i am pretty sure that with me backing sipi  (do not vote for sipi )

It would be a sad state of affairs the year I get a vote. I can think of a hundred posters that deserve better.

I'm here for a bit of sabai sabai. 

26 minutes ago, rumak said:

It would be a sad state of affairs the year I get a vote. I can think of a hundred posters that deserve better.

I'm here for a bit of sabai sabai. 

26 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Clarification ..... the likes thread closes on the 7th and anyone with zero likes is eliminated. The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote.

Not one vote = one TVF member.? 

The 2019 Thai election was crazy.

-250 senate for Prayut.

-maximum for the most popular one. 

-150 for “special” 

2019 TVF election rule more crazy!

i get 20 like for bikini photo.= 4 real votes? Is fair?

18 minutes ago, geronimo said:

To help make POTY as democratic as possible, it anyone has any ideas for the next stage, I'm all ears.

Democracy= one vote, one person.

Just now, Yinn said:

Not one vote = one TVF member.? 

The 2019 Thai election was crazy.

-250 senate for Prayut.

-maximum for the most popular one. 

-150 for “special” 

2019 TVF election rule more crazy!

i get 20 like for bikini photo.= 4 real votes? Is fair?

yes, same as someone with only 4 likes have ZERO vote and is eliminated, so is balanced. This is a fair way to reduce the runners as it proceeds.

Encouraging contestants to perform over a few days to garner likes, does not represent or reward the contribution of of a poster across the year.

Those who contribute over the year to assist fellow members, not for 'likes', will fall away - disappointing

3 hours ago, geronimo said:

To help make POTY as democratic as possible, it anyone has any ideas for the next stage, I'm all ears.

This format looks easy enough. Go to the other thread and give your favorite poster a like. 

It's not that bloody complicated. 

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

yes, same as someone with only 4 likes have ZERO vote and is eliminated, so is balanced. This is a fair way to reduce the runners as it proceeds.

Excuse me Sir CharlieH Count the Vote.

So eg. Geronimo have 100 like = 20 vote. From now. 

So, when the election start, he have 20 vote already? 

Or start again count the vote real election? Everybody start 0. 

Just now, Yinn said:

Excuse me Sir CharlieH Count the Vote.

So eg. Geronimo have 100 like = 20 vote. From now. 

So, when the election start, he have 20 vote already? 

Or start again count the vote real election? Everybody start 0. 

At the end of each section the count is back to zero. They are counted

to determine who goes forward that is all. Then reset as the next section begins.

Archived