POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

At the end of each section the count is back to zero. They are counted

to determine who goes forward that is all. Then reset as the next section begins.

Ok, Thankyou.

that is fair way. I misunderstand before. 

4 hours ago, geronimo said:

Clarification ..... the likes thread closes on the 7th and anyone with zero likes is eliminated. The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote.

from the 7th to 21st there will be another section that will be announced ahead of time. Then on the 21st voting will begin. 

I am confused;
I asked this morning in the candidate Forum
“what is the timescale/format between now and the nomination of POTY?”
You replied; “once voting starts, it continues until 11:59pm on December 31st” 

Now you are saying what is quoted above!

Is there a set of established rules for this contest or are they being made up as you go along?

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am confused;
I asked this morning in the candidate Forum
“what is the timescale/format between now and the nomination of POTY?”
You replied; “once voting starts, it continues until 11:59pm on December 31st” 

Now you are saying what is quoted above!

Is there a set of established rules for this contest or are they being made up as you go along?

As stated above, the voting begins on 21st Dec and carries on until 11:59 on New Year's Eve. What's so hard to understand there?

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

As stated above, the voting begins on 21st Dec and carries on until 11:59 on New Year's Eve. What's so hard to understand there?

You missed out "from the 7th to 21st there will be another section that will be announced ahead of time. Then on the 21st voting will begin".

Not quite the same is it?

Just now, scottiejohn said:

You missed out "from the 7th to 21st there will be another section that will be announced ahead of time. Then on the 21st voting will begin".

Not quite the same is it?

well the 2 week section doesn't affect the voting period, which is and always has been 10 days. You been on the amber liquid?

23 minutes ago, geronimo said:

No but any good ideas can be incorporated ....

You cannot in all honesty incorporate new ideas (rules) into a competition AFTER it has started.  That is like entering “who wants to be a millionaire” and after four rounds then drop the options and eliminate you.
This is becoming a farce.

11 minutes ago, geronimo said:

well the 2 week section doesn't affect the voting period, which is and always has been 10 days. You been on the amber liquid?

Where have you or TV laid out clear rules as to what is happening. 

Where was the "2 weeks section" laid down?

And no I have not been "on the amber liquid" and I take that as an insult.  

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Without the "gay" element!

fair comment indeed but with far more poetry (in fact ive seem more poetry than in my English A level in the last few days)

also now Terry Wogans gone as well

15 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You cannot in all honesty incorporate new ideas (rules) into a competition AFTER it has started.  

Not cry Scotty na.

in thailand can. 

2019 thailand election.

Make new rule before.

Make new rule during.

Make new rule after.

Then soldier count the vote. 

Team that come second place with all the rule FOR him.

Delay 3 month.

Then second place the winner.

Then ban the other popular one for travel magazine. 

But heroin? No problem.

Welcome to Thailand democracy.

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not cry Scotty na.

in thailand can. 

2019 thailand election.

Make new rule before.

Make new rule during.

Make new rule after.

Then soldier count the vote. 

Team that come second place with all the rule FOR him.

Delay 3 month.

Then second place the winner.

Then ban the other popular one for travel magazine. 

But heroin? No problem.

Welcome to Thailand democracy.

I and a few other TV members assumed wrongly, as it now appears, that "proper" democracy was used in this type of contest.

So now it appears that "likes" in the thread that shall not be named count towards votes in the actual voting, even though the majority of the forum can't post in that thread and therefore don't visit that thread. worse still, anyone nominated but not posting in that thread, is automatically eliminated, you couldn't make it up (well actually someone did).

It's just devolving into a back slapping exercise for the old guard. judjing by some of the previous winners, not for the first time. Perhaps @geronimo should just tell us who is going to win and save us all the trouble of voting.

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So now it appears that "likes" in the thread that shall not be named count towards votes in the actual voting, even though the majority of the forum can't post in that thread and therefore don't visit that thread. worse still, anyone nominated but not posting in that thread, is automatically eliminated, you couldn't make it up (well actually someone did).

It's just devolving into a back slapping exercise for the old guard. judjing by some of the previous winners, not for the first time. Perhaps @geronimo should just tell us who is going to win and save us all the trouble of voting.

No you have twisted it, perhaps misunderstood.

Likes are converted to "votes"(5:1) in that section only, to establish who moves forward to the next section, that's all.

When the next section starts the clock is reset.

My campaign promises.

1. 90 day reporting will be eliminated and replaced 93 day reporting.

2. Everyone's significant other will be designated as different. And possibly High-so Chinese descent.

3. Subsidies will be announced for buffalo medicine. 

4. The Thai baht will be exchanged at the rate of 50 per 1 USD 

5. Visas will be 10 minutes or free at every immigration office.

6. All drivers will be required to look for oncoming traffic before entering the roadways

7. American and English breakfast will no longer be allowed to feature hot dogs. Proper sausages and bacon only

8. No one will be required to eat rice more than 5 times a week unless they want to.

9. Everyone who has paid for a house for someone in Issan will be allowed to own a house of their own.

10 All of these promises will be forgotten by the time I receive the crown and tights.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Likes are converted to "votes"(5:1) in that section only, to establish who moves forward to the next section, that's all.

Thanks for the clarification but it's not how I read this:

"The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote."

And let's face it Geronimo is judge, jury and executioner for POTY.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thanks for the clarification but it's not how I read this:

"The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote."

And let's face it Geronimo is judge, jury and executioner for POTY.

Not true again, the likes/votes are clear and present for anyone to see.

Now, if you have more questions please direct them via pm to Geronimo the MC for this, or me, but I am only here for his support.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

How does anyone even know that thread even exists?

To me it seems like it is buried in  the "communities" subforum subsection  below "Gay People in Thailand " and above "Muay Thai and Martial arts "

where five or ten posters are having fun with each other and giving each other "Likes" 

Wouldn't be better if a  nominating Thread was started in the :General" forum for the general membership to place nominations and if those nominations were too many to have a preliminary voting   round to reduce it to a manageable  size? Or is it a private affair ?

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

How does anyone even know that thread even exists?

To me it seems like it is buried in  the "communities" subforum subsection  below "Gay People in Thailand " and above "Muay Thai and Martial arts "

where five or ten posters are having fun with each other and giving each other "Likes" 

Wouldn't be better if a  nominating Thread was started in the :General" forum for the general membership to place nominations and if those nominations were too many to have a preliminary voting   round to reduce it to a manageable  size? Or is it a private affair ?

No not buried ! the Pub forum has always been there it has always been run in that forum.

There is a pinned notice in General pointing to it.

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No not buried ! the Pub forum has always been there it has always been run in that forum.

There is a pinned notice in General pointing to it.

I really don't care, it just struck me as a strange process.

I didn't even know it was pinned in the top of the pinned items in the general forum , I mean unless someone is looking for a specific subject . how many people even look at the pinned threads? I don't remember it ever done this way ,but for other than a glansing look I have never paid much attention to the POTY competition so I could be wrong,

How was it done before "Likes" ?

Anyway I defer to those with  more experience  in the process.

12 hours ago, geronimo said:

Clarification ..... the likes thread closes on the 7th and anyone with zero likes is eliminated. The likes you accumulate in this thread will go towards votes; 5 likes = 1 vote.

from the 7th to 21st there will be another section that will be announced ahead of time. Then on the 21st voting will begin. 

I'm glad you cleared that up ...

After a quick tally it looks like... 

Yinn has 18 votes so far. 

Scottiejohn 15 (assuming he wants to stay?). 

Geronimo and NCC1701A both on 14.

Villagefarang on 8.

And a few others closely following. 

11 hours ago, poohy said:

fair comment indeed but with far more poetry (in fact ive seem more poetry than in my English A level in the last few days)

also now Terry Wogans gone as well

Following the poetry and the meandering rules

Surely it is only a matter of time before Geronimo releases a little musical rendition to return happiness to the forum

Archived