Single entry Non O Visa based on marriage in Penang

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

Proof of 200k baht in a bank and/or proof of income.

Next year, I plan to get a Non-O Visa based on marriage in Savannakhet, I normally come to Thailand for 5-6 months. I only need a single entry Visa and from what I heard in the pas,t I can get a 90-day Visa with the possibility of a 60-day extension for 1,900 Bahts.  I assume that I get the extension at the Immigration, in my case, in Jomtien.  For the original application, you mentioned proof of 200K in the Bank.  How long does the money have to be in the Bank? Or is a photocopy of my monthly income good enough?  Do I need a certain amount of money in the Bank to get the extension?  Thanks a million Ubonjoe for your time and your valuable information.  Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Next year, I plan to get a Non-O Visa based on marriage in Savannakhet, I normally come to Thailand for 5-6 months. I only need a single entry Visa and from what I heard in the pas,t I can get a 90-day Visa with the possibility of a 60-day extension for 1,900 Bahts.  I assume that I get the extension at the Immigration, in my case, in Jomtien.  For the original application, you mentioned proof of 200K in the Bank.  How long does the money have to be in the Bank? Or is a photocopy of my monthly income good enough?  Do I need a certain amount of money in the Bank to get the extension?  Thanks a million Ubonjoe for your time and your valuable information.  Cheers.

I was replying to a post about getting a single entry non-o visa in Penang. At Savannakhet they do not ask for any financial proof.

You can apply for the 60 day extension at Jomtien immigration. No financial proof is required to get it.

3 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

I enquired at jomtein about a 60 day extension based on marriage,

they said yes but your wife has to be present. 

That is a standard requirement at all offices. It is required to meet this requirement shown in the police order "(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto".

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I was replying to a post about getting a single entry non-o visa in Penang. At Savannakhet they do not ask for any financial proof.

You can apply for the 60 day extension at Jomtien immigration. No financial proof is required to get it.

Thank you very much for your time Ubonjoe, greatly appreciated.

As well as my marriage certificate, a signed copy of my wife's ID card etc, I was advised a few years ago to have my wife sign a letter addressed to the Consulate basically stating that we are still married, living together etc. and that she requests the visa be approved (stating my name & passport number). I have since always presented such a letter at Penang when applying for an annual multi-entry visa and never had a problem. Just a little extra insurance.

29 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

is it also a appointment system in Penang like in Vientiane? and no visa i think when i come in Malaysia free stamp for 30 days,i am from Belgium and my wife is thai.

No appointment is needed.

You will get a 90 day visa exempt entry and your wife will get 30 days.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, lessismore said:

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, Ubon.

The marriage certificate is the paper called KR3?

Why don't you check the requirements online? Every embassy or consulate has a website with all information you need for every type of Visa? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why don't you check the requirements online? Every embassy or consulate has a website with all information you need for every type of Visa? 

yes they have everything online but change constantly,why they are not using a standard procedure,each consulate or embassy have other rules.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No appointment is needed.

You will get a 90 day visa exempt entry and your wife will get 30 days.

After those 90 days - is possibly to go for extension 1 year based on spouse - I can do that 30 days before it will expire

47 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

After those 90 days - is possibly to go for extension 1 year based on spouse - I can do that 30 days before it will expire

You can apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa.