Pattaya: Tram network set to transform resort - less traffic, less accidents, more convenience promised

webfact

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

will the whole city still smell like a open sewer?

i was amazed at how bad the smell was.

It is a <deleted> hole!  but a happy one?   60 million baht spread into the pockets of a few 10 million to a firm to study want? just to make it official that it is going to be built anyways while the money could be better used! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A 70 million baht study for the Tram Way will be completed by mid 2020, said mayor Sontaya Khunpleum.

Do you have 70 million to spend only on finding a valid project? Who do you give them to?
The roads you have, you just need to make them wider and make a lane just for the buses, which you already have, send the policemen out into the street to do the work for which they are paid (control the traffic, enforce the use of the lanes for the bus), and ... problem solved!
Save the money that can really help you boost tourism!

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

will the whole city still smell like a open sewer?

i was amazed at how bad the smell was.

I went there not long ago from HH and when I got off of the ferry, the bridge was literally swarmed with Chinese people. My Thai GF was shocked because it was so surreal, I am not talking about a few dozen or even hundreds, literally thousands and thousands of Chinese people from the dock up to the clock tower area. And yes the city smells terrible 

• Haha 1

now let me pontificate for a moment here, trams,tram tracks, motorbikes and baht bus along Beach Road, throw in the odd drunk tourist or three who isn't used to looking right when they cross roads.
what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by wombat
  • Haha 1