Apple Os X On Your Pc

fyrekrig

I am sure some of you who visits this forum already know that it is now possible to run your PC either with AMD or Intel (X86) processors with Apple OS X operation system. For all of you who want to try it out head over to

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

There you will find all the information and help you need.

I have just set up on old harddrive with a dual boot of OS X (Tiger) and Vista.

Everything works fine but when it comes to my daily work I still prefer my Windows XP.

probably because of the limited driver support and lack of core graphics...

not really, it took some effort to get my Nvidia card to work and as time goes by more and more of the intial hardware and driver problems are being solved.

Lots of reasons to why I prefer XP.

YEAH ... seems like Apple will join soon the microsoft way of Instable Operatingsystems

trough Mass-compatiblity junk ...

well i remain at PPC ;-) ... never hang, never crash ... always does his job ;-)

It's an interesting project for sure, but I still think going the other way around, running Windows in either Bootcamp or Parallels on the Mac is a better option for having both systems. Especially when Parallels allows you to have both running at once without having to reboot to switch. It's also hard to beat the Mac's hardware, although I too must admit I prefer to stick to Windows for everyday work myself.

It's an interesting project for sure, but I still think going the other way around, running Windows in either Bootcamp or Parallels on the Mac is a better option for having both systems. Especially when Parallels allows you to have both running at once without having to reboot to switch. It's also hard to beat the Mac's hardware, although I too must admit I prefer to stick to Windows for everyday work myself.

Exactly. i run Win2k on parallels when i encounter crappy or lack of driver support for printers etc.

Other that that if i need some windows software to run that's not available on a mac (Visio comes to mind) I'll use Crossover.

Anyways, don't really want this thread to turn into an OS flamewar - Up until the beginning of 2006 i was a windows user, switched to mac and to be quite frank, won't look back.