Nord vs Express VPN

stubuzz

I have been using Express VPN to access the ITV hub with no problems. However, it costs about $100 a year. Now, I have just seen that Nord VPN is offering a 3 year deal for about the same price. So any opinions about Nord? Does it work with ITV and BBC players?

I am also with Express and happy with it. I paid what you said and it expires next March. I would be inclined to tell Express about the deal Nord is offering and see if they will price-match it. If not, the Express will be leaving for the Nord!

Can you get a free trial with Nord? 

40 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I am also with Express and happy with it. I paid what you said and it expires next March. I would be inclined to tell Express about the deal Nord is offering and see if they will price-match it. If not, the Express will be leaving for the Nord!

Can you get a free trial with Nord? 

have been with Express for over 6 years but tired of doing the cancel - reactivate steps to get the 15 months for that price, did you know about it, only offered to NEW customers, thus the old ones like us not allowed to get the promo, I argue 2-3 times with support to no success thus cancelled and re-activated 1st time with different e-mail address, the second year re-activated with same emial and they accepted, they do have good/fast VPN

I had cause to change VPN recently and found a new one with good service, fine for UK TV etc and a genuine FREE trial, not this money back <deleted>, and you can pay quarterly if you choose so as to test it etc and not get stung on these long commitments that seem to turn to <deleted> after awhile from some of them.

Just now, CharlieH said:

I had cause to change VPN recently and found a new one with good service, fine for UK TV etc and a genuine FREE trial, not this money back <deleted>, and you can pay quarterly if you choose so as to test it etc and not get stung on these long commitments that seem to turn to <deleted> after awhile from some of them.

and the name is ????? and the price is ???? that would help Charlie

Just now, Mavideol said:

thanks, looks like a good deal, do you happen to know how many servers they have

Sorry I did ask, but cant remember, I can only say that I recently changed to them and they work fine and always respond quickly on support. I think they are a swedish company. I got the 3 months to test them properly and @ $12 seemed a good idea before commiting to a longer period.

Just now, CharlieH said:

Sorry I did ask, but cant remember, I can only say that I recently changed to them and they work fine and always respond quickly on support. I think they are a swedish company.

just took a look at their service, 27 servers, some in Asia, USA, Europe, allow for 5 devices connections, be so kind 9if not to much inconvenience) to let us know if you still happy with the service, need to make a decision as my renewal is end of Dec

Just now, Mavideol said:

just took a look at their service, 27 servers, some in Asia, USA, Europe, allow for 5 devices connections, be so kind 9if not to much inconvenience) to let us know if you still happy with the service, need to make a decision as my renewal is end of Dec

No problem been a month now so I;ll let you know how it progresses. PM me if I forget by all means.

55 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

To date expressvpn is still the #1 provider for streaming. That doesn't mean that won't change but right now they are still the best and most reliable. 

I chose Express VPN over Nord for two reasons...

1. EVPN has a wider range of PPTP and L2TP servers that I prefer to use for streaming on my wifi VPN router because they tend to be faster when used via a router. Whereas Nord is primarily focused on OpenVPN.

2. Nord's system of giving their server names arcane numbered names, instead of easier to understand and use server names like Los Angeles 1 or London 2, used to drive me crazy!!!  OK if you only care about a country connection. Not great if you care about a particular city connection.

1792901354_2019-11-2516_37_55.jpg.54786b351210f4d1e011f4f3c81d74fe.jpg

Just now, SidJames said:

I use express but can rarely get a good enough connection to watch bbc & often it seems to know that I am on a vpn & won't let me on anyway giving me the massage that I must be in the UK to watch bbc

With most VPNs, if you find that happening, hopefully they have other servers for the same country/city that you can try. And sometimes even different protocols for the VPN itself like OpenVPN vs. PPTP vs. LT2P, etc etc...

You'd be surprised how often switching to a different server and/or to a different VPN problem can solve the kinds of problems you're mentioning above.

Just now, wgdanson said:

Hey, if like me you only need it to watch UK telly, one server in UK is enough.   LOL

Until the service you want to connect to suddenly starts blocking that particular server's IP address range because it's recognized as belonging to a VPN...

There's value is having choices among multiple servers for any given location.

Just now, wgdanson said:

Hey, if like me you only need it to watch UK telly, one server in UK is enough.   LOL

They actually list servers in order of speed (if you wish) and there are 4 showing for the UK.

The "smart dns" of theirs works very well dont have to choose anything, just one click and done !

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Until the service you want to connect to suddenly starts blocking that particular server's IP address range because it's recognized as belonging to a VPN...

you beat me to it, was going to say that based on past experiences it happen couple times thus more options the better

Archived